UEFA Supercup Final 14.08.19. Hosted somewhere in Europe (probably)

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Shame that they went past us(again) on the overall trophy count. We just have to go past them again.
Think it’s equal on trophies of any consequence (CL, League, FAC, LC, EL, and now discontinued CWC).

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea did much better than I expected and we weren’t nearly as good as I thought we would be. Overall, Chelsea were the better side and deserved to win. Anyway, trophies are always nice, particularly when you haven’t had many of them over the last few year, but this is bordering the Charity Shield in significance. Just hope the lads will be able to re-charge fully before saturday.

TheReligion

Abusive
Id enjoy winning it if it were United so well done Liverpool.

That said they don't look very convincing so far this season in my opinion. Both Norwich and Chelsea have run them ragged already and their line is ridiculously high at times. I'm not sure if it's something new but quick teams that can finish will get plenty of chances if it's kept up.

Thought Chelsea looked good and overall were the better team bar the first 15 minutes of the second half.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

That said they don't look very convincing so far this season in my opinion. Both Norwich and Chelsea have run them ragged already and their line is ridiculously high at times. I'm not sure if it's something new but quick teams that can finish will get plenty of chances if it's kept up.

Thought Chelsea looked good and overall were the better team bar the first 15 minutes of the second half.
I must admit I missed both this and the Norwich game, have they really looked that bad? I know Norwich scored one but they were 4-0 at the time and the overriding view was that Liverpool had taken their foot off the gas. I know nothing about either game though.

United Hobbit

Why didn't Pedro take a penalty I thought he's taken them before

Klopp's teeth were glowing even though he was right at the back of the shot when they were all running. Liverpool should get a dentist or toothpaste/ whitening company to sponsor them Firmino's are equally frightful

I think Lampard will do ok with Chelsea they have looked pretty well organised in both tonight's game and the one against us. Do Chelsea fans think having been such a key player for them will buy him more time than if it had been an "outside" manager?

sharpstar69

Supports
Liverpool
Can any football fans give an honest view on the penalty?

Both teams will be knackered for the weekend. I actually fancy Leicester getting a result.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheReligion

Abusive
I must admit I missed both this and the Norwich game, have they really looked that bad? I know Norwich scored one but they were 4-0 at the time and the overriding view was that Liverpool had taken their foot off the gas. I know nothing about either game though.
They just look easy to open up which is a far cry from last season. Not sure why or what's changed but it was the same tonight but for much longer.

CognitiveNeuro

It's the new really high line and disappearing holding midfielder thing Klopp is experimenting with. I think he's trying to get them to press further up the pitch and the midfield and forwards closer together but any manager can see it and play long balls over the top all day long.

Pep did it in the first half in the community shield. I don't see where Klopp thinks he's going with it so far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
True, the officials were horrendous tonight. Thank God it didn't affect the correct result.
They what? If every linesman was as good as the two tonight we wouldn't even need VAR :houllier:

always_hoping

The super cup is the European version of the Community Shield yet it was hilarious watching Klopp and his team celebrating that penalty shoot out win like they won the Champions league again. (get a grip lads)

Then you have some idiots adding up the major honour lists, one problem with that... the super cup never was or never will be a major honour!

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Pulisic potentially will be a STEAL for Chelsea. Showed some good stuff.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Which is not a bad thing necessarily. I think this kid has game and he will bring in stupid revenue with him being the poster boy of US "soccer".
Maybe. Clearly has ability but I haven't seen anything ultra special about him.

I think he'll end up in the 'decent player' category and don't view him as a world class talent. Do wonder how much hype/attention he would get if he wasn't American.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

I think he'll end up in the 'decent player' category and don't view him as a world class talent. Do wonder how much hype/attention he would get if he wasn't American.
If he played for Spurs you would already have a tattoo of his face on your lower back.

You're a hater, an ABC (anyone but Chelsea). I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

SportingCP96

Supports

Depends which club he would be in as well. Even if he was not American he would have gotten hype with how he initially broke in at Dortmund. He did stall but he is talented.

Granted obviously Americans will hype him since he is the biggest talent the country has ever produced.

SportingCP96

Supports
If he played for Spurs you would already have a tattoo of his face on your lower back.

You're a hater, an ABC (anyone but Chelsea). I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.
Out of curiosity what are the Chelsea fans take on him so far for Chelsea?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Depends which club he would be in as well. Even if he was not American he would have gotten hype with how he initially broke in at Dortmund. He did stall but he is talented.
The kid is only 20. A year younger than Daniel James. I think "stall" is a bit harsh, young players are often pretty inconsistent.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

I hate Chelsea and won't ever be denying that, but there are players you have that I rate highly. Pulisic just isn't one of those.

If we signed a player who got benched by Dortmund and who has never scored more than 4 league goals I'd have a tattoo? I doubt it. I wouldn't mind him as an option at Spurs but he's certainly no better even than someone like Lucas as of right now.

edit: Worded that wrong. I do rate him .. just not as a potential world class player, which I think is a fair evaluation. What has he done thus far to stick out as someone who could be at that level?