UEFA Supercup Final 14.08.19. Hosted somewhere in Europe (probably)

Suedesi

I thought Chelsea played better, very impressed with Mason Mount yet again. Liverpool's midfield is shit, they just rely a lot on fullbacks and the pressing forwards.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The kid is only 20. A year younger than Daniel James. I think "stall" is a bit harsh, young players are often pretty inconsistent.
Not a bad thing it happens. His last season was not a productive one. Either way you can check the Pulisic thread I have defended him more then most on here. I think he is very talented.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Please name 3 of them. Just once I'd like to see you post something non-negative about us.
I'd kill to have Kante and Kepa at Spurs. Rudiger is a really decent centre back as well.

I also used to be incredibly jealous that you had Azpilicueta, he's declined a bit from those days but a few years ago he was genuinely one of my favourite defenders in the world.

SportingCP96

Supports
T
I thought Chelsea played better, very impressed with Mason Mount yet again. Liverpool's midfield is shit, they just rely a lot on fullbacks and the pressing forwards.
Don't think they will compete like last season the luck won't swing there was as much this year I don't think.

SportingCP96

Supports
Great dribbling, good passer, and a creative player who can also score tbf. He has all the makings to be a great player IMO.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'd kill to have Kante and Kepa at Spurs. Rudiger is a really decent centre back as well.

I also used to be incredibly jealous that you had Azpilicueta, he's declined a bit from those days but a few years ago he was genuinely one of my favourite defenders in the world.
In response, I like and respect Harry Kane, Chaz and Dave.

That's it though, everyone else is a cnut.

Suedesi

T

Don't think they will compete like last season the luck won't swing there was as much this year I don't think.
Doubt it myself, think they won't really challenge City for the title and will finish a distant second. Will be closer to United than City in the final league standings.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
T

yeah I doubt we'll luckily keep as many clean sheets or create as many chances as we did last season.

SportingCP96

Supports
Doubt it myself, think they won't really challenge City for the title and will finish a distant second. Will be closer to United than City in the final league standings.
Last season injury free unbelievable last minute goals (Think Everton game) dodgy calls etc. This season it wont pan out the same.

SportingCP96

Supports
yeah I doubt we'll luckily keep as many clean sheets or create as many chances as we did last season.
Don't let it get to your heads...You guys haven't won the league for 30 years for a reason. Simply are not good enough mate. Maybe one day though you never know.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Draft dodging shitbag, he nearly killed that Bournemouth player when he got sent off last season.
Still find it funny that Son has been sent off for us in the league but somehow Alli has escaped it.

He's fecked with VAR though.

Shadowcore

I think the gengenpressing requires hardworking midfielders to compensate on the overtures of the forwards, and fullbacks

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
The main reason Liverpool were so successful last season was because their midfield consistently played well and were solid defensively. The creativity comes from the full backs and the front three.

People often say Pogba is better than anybody in the Liverpool midfield, but the truth is he wouldn't work in our system at all. It's part of the reason I think Keita has struggled so far at Liverpool.

I personally think United will start to become more successful again once Pogba leaves.

RedStarUnited

The main reason Liverpool were so successful last season was because their midfield consistently played well and were solid defensively. The creativity comes from the full backs and the front three.

People often say Pogba is better than anybody in the Liverpool midfield, but the truth is he wouldn't work in our system at all. It's part of the reason I think Keita has struggled so far at Liverpool.

I personally think United will start to become more successful again once Pogba leaves.
Pogba and Keita are nothing alike. And if we get better post Pogba it will be for other reasons too, we are nothing creatively without him right now.

Judas

Open to offers
Think you can already see the style Lampard wants from his team, which is hugely impressive. Think they could be some team next season, and still think they will be in contention for top 4.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Quite surprised we are where we are and Liverpool’s midfield is still being described in these terms. A startling misreading of what Klopp does with his team.

Oh well.

montpelier

Can any football fans give an honest view on the penalty?

Both teams will be knackered for the weekend. I actually fancy Leicester getting a result.
I thought it looked very soft. But I don't think you can actually tell with those type on the tv.

I don't have a lot of sympathy when the GK is claiming to have taken his hands away. It's admits straight away that he hasn't got the ball when he does that. I bet he was trying to get in the way though, is how my thinking goes.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
'Best team on the planet' he said and that was his 4th contribution to our forum.

Doesn't say much for the Liverpool fans who are coming here to (supposedly) 'discuss' with us.
There are and have been better Liverpool posters. Personally I like debating with Klopper. He's a lot more fun than a lot of the Utd fans on here

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
There are and have been better Liverpool posters. Personally I like debating with Klopper. He's a lot more fun than a lot of the Utd fans on here
They're all the same and come here supposedly to 'discuss' but it all boils down to one thing:
"Play the role of Mother Theresa'' and when they get the chance slip in something to irk the United fans, or start earlier like this guy of: 'The Best team on the planet'!
Just my humble opinion.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They're all the same and come here supposedly to 'discuss' but it all boils down to one thing:
"Play the role of Mother Theresa'' and when they get the chance slip in something to irk the United fans, or start earlier like this guy of: 'The Best team on the planet'!
Just my humble opinion.
I agree that the worst Liverpool fans have bought into that belief and that they are the 'people's club.'

sharpstar69

Supports
Liverpool
'Best team on the planet' he said and that was his 4th contribution to our forum.

Doesn't say much for the Liverpool fans who are coming here to (supposedly) 'discuss' with us.
I have to start somewhere....:)