Uefa Youth League - Liverpool v Manchester United

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Live on BTSports2(for UK) and SonyESPN(For India)

Kick off at 3:00 GMT

Official youtube streaming link:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
One legged tie being played at anfield. Liverpool have a great team and should be considered favourites.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Anyone else looking forward to this game later today?

Should be a cracker against Slippy G and co...

The winners will face Manchester City in the quarter finals after they beat Inter on penalties yesterday...
Gerrards doing a great job there. Would be an achievement to beat them on a one-off match at their place.

crossy1686

career ending
I saw this advertised yesterday, can't wait for it.

For those that haven't followed the reserves we're bottom of the league (12th) on 12 points after 17 games. Liverpool are sitting top of the league on 33 points, having also played 17 games.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I saw this advertised yesterday, can't wait for it.

For those that haven't followed the reserves we're bottom of the league (12th) on 12 points after 17 games. Liverpool are sitting top of the league on 33 points, having also played 17 games.
That's U23s, this is U19s

Also for U18s we are top of the table IIRC.

Classical Mechanic

There is a bit of hype about Liverpool's Curtis Jones, be interesting to see if he's any good. Is Toni Gomes Angel's cousin? I know his cousin was playing for Liverpool at one point.

@Dumbstar

Can you give us for low down on the junior scousers?

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
There is a bit of hype about Liverpool's Curtis Jones, be interesting to see if he's any good. Is Toni Gomes Angel's cousin? I know his cousin was playing for Liverpool at one point.

@Dumbstar

Can you give us for low down on the junior scousers?
They’re a good side but can have off days too (like any underage team). Grabara the Keeper is very good. Left back, Adam Lewis (cpt.) is a good strong attack minded player to takes some frees, pens. Midfielder Herbie Kane is in the Souness mould. Curtis Jones and Ben Woodburn are probably better known. Brewster is injured.
How about United?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Liverpool's U18 team is in bit of a bad form right now. I think if Chong plays, then we win. It's simple as that.

Classical Mechanic

They’re a good side but can have off days too (like any underage team). Grabara the Keeper is very good. Left back, Adam Lewis (cpt.) is a good strong attack minded player to takes some frees, pens. Midfielder Herbie Kane is in the Souness mould. Curtis Jones and Ben Woodburn are probably better known. Brewster is injured.
How about United?
Chong, Gomes and O'Conner are the standouts. Good attacking side that concedes a few too many. Top of the league currently but could be overtaken by Everton if they win their game in hand.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
Chong, Gomes and O'Conner are the standouts. Good attacking side that concedes a few too many. Top of the league currently but could be overtaken by Everton if they win their game in hand.
Should be a good game, though KM is correct, after a very good start, form has floundered somewhat in recent games. Your ‘Good attacking side that concedes a few too many’ comment sounds very familiar to me!!

yamo123x

Come on UTD, tough ask away to a good liverpool team which includes ben woodburn.
Fingers crossed we put one over on Gerrard

db-hero

Lineups from UEFA:
13 Fojtíček
3 O'Connor
4 Warren
5 Williams (C)
7 Chong
8 Hamilton
9 Bohui
10 Gomes
14 Barlow
24 Garner
25 Laird

Bench:
23 Kovar, 2 Tanner, 11 Boonen, 18 Ercolani, 19 Burkart, 20 Williams, 28 Bughail-Mellor

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So we seem to be playing a 4-3-3 rather than a 4-2-3-1 with Barlow, Garner and Hamilton midfield?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks like O’Connor should thankfully be playing full-back, his natural position.