UEFA Youth League - United vs Juventus

The Irish Connection

You relax mate, its a thread about our u19s not another idea pad for Jose replacements.
Christ I was only making a side point based on the fact our youth team look good and that their coaches have them playing nice stuff. And that if things didn’t work out for the first team coach in the future that it would be nice to see one of the youth team coaches given a chance who might bring through more of these lads. Normal enough flow of conversation like

Classical Mechanic

I don't know. Someone mentioned Chelsea being in the competition, but they aren't in this competition that United are playing in.
They are. They go through a different route because their senior side didn’t qualify but they won their domestic league. Think they will play the best losers from the groups for a place in the 2nd round.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Christ I was only making a side point based on the fact our youth team look good and that their coaches have them playing nice stuff. And that if things didn’t work out for the first team coach in the future that it would be nice to see one of the youth team coaches given a chance who might bring through more of these lads. Normal enough flow of conversation like
Theres no chance a youth team coach makes that leap so basically its just Pochettino you were thinking of.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
3 wins out of 3, playing some great football and we really were unlucky not to score more goals. Garner or Traore MOTM for me, Laird, Bohui and Mengi were all really good too.
Kovar; Laird (B. Williams 83), Ercolani, Bernard, O'Connor; Garner, Gomes (c) (Puigmal 73), Traore (Levitt 73); Barlow (Baars 73), Greenwood, Bohui (Mellor 61).

Subs not used: Fojticek, Mengi.

Oops

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Kovar; Laird (B. Williams 83), Ercolani, Bernard, O'Connor; Garner, Gomes (c) (Puigmal 73), Traore (Levitt 73); Barlow (Baars 73), Greenwood, Bohui (Mellor 61).

Subs not used: Fojticek, Mengi.

Oops
Whoops, I meant Bernard.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
really exciting team but experience tells me that few will make the step up...but there are certainly signs that some might. that means they'll probably go out on loan and disappear for ever !!

MuranoLover

So..we are tearing them apart here in the U19 , I hope this means someone will pop up soon from the academy

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Kovar, Tanner, Ercolani, O'Connor, B.Williams, Barlow, Gomes, Traore, Chong, Mellor, Greenwood

Fojticek, Levitt, McGhee, Puigmal, Ramazani, Galbraith, Baars

Obviously a few injuries in the camp, no Garner, Laird, Bernard, Mengi or Bejger

Last edited:

AltiUn

It was a penalty unfortunately.

AltiUn

I swear it’s next to impossible trying to get the hall off Gomes. Nearly scored from our free kick too.

AltiUn

Laird been a big miss so far for yous today. Worst I've seen u19s play this season.
We’re the better team just struggling to create chances, really not impressed with Juventus over either game so far.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
We’re the better team just struggling to create chances, really not impressed with Juventus over either game so far.
Should be dispatching of them fairly easily though, I imagine you'll improve after the break. Juve side is really young, mainly made up of their u17s. Quite a weak team compared to previous years.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Should be dispatching of them fairly easily though, I imagine you'll improve after the break. Juve side is really young, mainly made up of their u17s. Quite a weak team compared to previous years.
An u17s side who has come to the Toronto area the last 2 years and lost to Toronto FC u17s and a York select u17s side which was just a mishmash of players from local clubs. I have to assume their academy isn't much good based on those and how easily we outplayed them the other week.

jb8521

They have no u17s, 3 u18s on the pitch & the rest are either u19s or u20s so this isn't remotely true

AltiUn

Doesn't bother me how old they are, they've barely put a decent attack together against us and all they do is constantly foul to slow down the tempo of the game. It's like playing against Pulis's Stoke team. As I post this they've already committed their first foul 48 seconds into the second half.

AltiUn

United goal ruled offside, might not count but lovely finish from Greenwood and great work from O'Connor.

AltiUn

Tanner misses an open net after an amazing run from Greenwood.

AltiUn

1-1, own goal from Juventus. Well done to Chong and particularly Barlow, we've deserved that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Finally level. Awful miss few minutes ago (I might have scored)