UEFA Youth League - United vs Young Boys

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mellor playing like a man possessed, he’s been great since coming on and has just won a penalty.

AltiUn

Another penalty to United, a good ball from Mellor into Williams who goes down.

AltiUn

What a touch by Greenwood :eek:

AltiUn

Who is Mellor.. Having a great game
He’s a squad filler really, decent player with great energy so he’s usually ideal to bring on in the 75th.

Get in 5-2!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Class has shown these last 10 minutes, Young Boys just scrambling to try and keep the ball out of the net as United make it 5

AltiUn

Mellor gets our 6th, he’s deserved that.

In Rainbows

Good move from Puigmal and good finish for Mellor.

Sbragia in the stands thinking of how he can make this lot look below average next match.

prateik

A united side not sitting back and defending after going 3-2 up with 10 minutes to go.. I've missed this.

I think I need to start watching the U18s a lot more

In Rainbows

I really like Puigmal. Feel like I say this after every match with the little minutes he gets. Greenwood was pretty ridiculous. His 2 goals don't do him justice. Goalkeeper had amazing saves which kept Greenwood from having like 4 assists.

AltiUn

Great game that caps off an excellent Youth League group stage. Mellor was excellent when he came on. There wasn really a bad performance today, Greenwood, Williams, Traore and Garner were all brilliant. feck Young Boys and their shit house dirty “tactical” fouling tactics. We’ve got a real shot at winning the tournament this season if we keep playing like this.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'm so desperate for Greenwood to make it. He looks like the type that can make something happen out of nothing. RVP clone :drool:

Thiagoal

I'm so desperate for Greenwood to make it. He looks like the type that can make something happen out of nothing. RVP clone :drool:
If he keeps performing like he is then he has to make it into the first team squad!

Mason Greenwood now has 19 goals & 8 assists in 17 games at u18, u19 & u23s levels this season

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

What a breath of fresh air it is watching these young lads compared to the dross in the 1st team.

Night and day.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why does MG wear the 8 shirt for this side? Odd.

On another note, I reckon we got one with Traore too. Kept getting injured last season but when I saw him, he bossed the pitch, looked like man against boys.

AltiUn

Why does MG wear the 8 shirt for this side? Odd.

On another note, I reckon we got one with Traore too. Kept getting injured last season but when I saw him, he bossed the pitch, looked like man against boys.
Yeah Traore is class, he reminds me of Moussa Dembele a bit because he's so hard to get the ball off, he uses his body so intelligently when dribbling. He's been very good this season.

In Rainbows

Disappointing disjointed performance from the lads, we are far too reliant on Angel Gomes's orchestration and he was a big miss yesterday.....
1st half would have been more like the 2nd half with him in the side.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Id rathjer watch this lot than the Seniors. So refreshing. But I suppose half of them will never make it, the other half will be loaned out and disappear for ever. Hope to Gawd we get a manager in who has faith in them though I have to say Chong, Gomes and Greenwood have been in the 1st team squads recently

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Id rathjer watch this lot than the Seniors. So refreshing. But I suppose half of them will never make it, the other half will be loaned out and disappear for ever. Hope to Gawd we get a manager in who has faith in them though I have to say Chong, Gomes and Greenwood have been in the 1st team squads recently
To blame always just clubs or coaches/managers is easy and wrong.......just for example Morrison, Januzaj or Wilson all of them had their chances but just talent isn't enough to make at Manchester United.

In Rainbows

To blame always just clubs or coaches/managers is easy and wrong.......just for example Morrison, Januzaj or Wilson all of them had their chances but just talent isn't enough to make at Manchester United.
Real Sociedad fans are happy with Januzaj right now.