UK European Elections 2019 | Results Tonight from 10pm

Red Star One

What a result for Greens. New European Parliament will be very interesting, left has gained some ground, right didn't do so good (and after Brexit will lose many seats to other new MEPs from all across Europe and not necessarily right wing) and I don't think EPP will be able to run with their Commission candidate Weber as smoothly as they hoped too.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
What a result for Greens. New European Parliament will be very interesting, left has gained some ground, right didn't do so good (and after Brexit will lose many seats to other new MEPs from all across Europe and not necessarily right wing) and I don't think EPP will be able to run with their Commission candidate Weber as smoothly as they hoped too.
I'll be pretty disappointed if that's all the gains the Greens make but then I am used to being a disappointed Green.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m in Bristol and voted Green. Would have voted Labour usually as would most of the team I work with but there was no way we could when they’re a Brexit party.

Dobba

I'm very excited to see how the Euro elections Remain logic, that's seen them spending the last dozen weeks describing 3 of the top 4 polling parties as pro-Brexit, will lead to a second referendum.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Full 85 second BBC news countdown. This gon be good.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Glad with the results here, the left won all around.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This will make it the second highest turnout in an European Parliament election in Britain. It appears that the rise in turnout is somewhat greater in council areas that voted Remain in 2016 compared with those that backed Leave.
Don't do this to me BBC :(

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Lib Dems, Greens and Brexit up a lot in Leeds, Tories and Labour down 12/13%.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Lib Dems, Greens and Brexit up a lot in Leeds, Tories and Labour down 12/13%.
This is going to be the narrative of the evening.

Brexit Party uniting the Leave vote and polling consistently at 25-40% while the Remain vote is diluted between 2/3 parties.

Ubik

Greens gonna do veeeery well in the big cities.

Red Star One

I'll be pretty disappointed if that's all the gains the Greens make but then I am used to being a disappointed Green.
I think it's quite an excellent result for Greens and the fact they are a second force and main leftist party (with an eye-watering >35% among the youngest votes) in Germany now is really remarkable.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Please do well SNP. Only hope for us up north.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
That Tory MP Helen Whately on BBC News. :drool:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
If Farage was in the De Ligt thread he’d be one of the ones going “Don’t do it to yourselves, he’s going to Barcelona”

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Slogans such as ‘Brexit now’, ‘We need brexit’ and ‘We’ve already voted on this’ were scrawled next to Brexit, he said, but the electors neglected to vote for either Ukip or the Brexit party.

Williams had been checking the disputed ballots as part of his duties as an election agent, and also found one ballot which had ‘wank’ written in every single box apart from that of the Green party. The voter left a note saying ‘not wank’ for the environmentalist party which was deemed acceptable as a vote.
@DiseaseOfTheAge your vote was counted

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think it's quite an excellent result for Greens and the fact they are a second force and main leftist party (with an eye-watering >35% among the youngest votes) in Germany now is really remarkable.
I want at least 15 more before I'm seeing it as anything other than further indication that democracy is going to kill us all.
@DiseaseOfTheAge your vote was counted
:lol:

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Turnout for this election was only 37%, so I wouldn't be drawing any big conclusions from it.

Ubik

Labour 5th in East of England.