UK European Elections 2019 | Results Tonight from 10pm

PoTMS

Have no idea how much difference it would have made but wish there was a Remain Party as not to split the vote.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Labour and Tories both getting a mullering, but I’m watching the results on bbc and they are hammering labour, yet they are doing better than the Tories, can anyone explain this to me? Genuinely curious as it seems both parties are doing badly as predicted, but the Tories are being given a real pass
At a guess - because the beeb hasn't been able to avoid constantly trashing the Tories, given the entire country including most of the Conservative Party has been bashing them for months, they feel they have to take any chance in front of them to trash Labour.

Sigma

I don't understand why they are talking about Labour far more than the Tories when the latter have had a far worse night so far.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Have no idea how much difference it would have made but wish there was a Remain Party as not to split the vote.
Liberal Green and Remain party would have won around 5 seats more over the course of tonight.

They'd already have won 1 more based on whats been announced.

Whether combining the radical Green anti-business wing and the pro-business Liberal wing would work or put people off....

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Liberal Green and Remain party would have won around 5 seats more over the course of tonight.

They'd already have won 1 more based on whats been announced.

Whether combining the radical Green anti-business wing and the pro-business Liberal wing would work or put people off....
I certainly wouldn't have voted for it.

Reddy Rederson

So even if we remain, we have the Brexit Party to represent us in Europe?

Are we just being ironic for the sake of it? Or maybe we just like punching ourselves in the balls?
Fern Brady once said “most people are idiots. I get on trains all over the country, and everywhere I go people repeatedly jab he train door button before it’s illuminated even though that has never ever worked. And these people are allowed to vote.”.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I think there will be riots in Scotland if the UK leaves the EU.

RORY65

I don't understand why they are talking about Labour far more than the Tories when the latter have had a far worse night so far.
They like talking about Labour's failings a lot (in fairness they haven't had many positive election nights in the last decade - I guess the last one Corbyn got what he wanted in was the 2016 referendum) but I think tonight it's probably justifiable. It's difficult to frame this election for the Tories because May, who was completely toxic for their usual supporters and the rest of the country, has already announced that she's going and so the likelihood is they will get a boost from a new leader and we know it will be a Brexiter, in line with most Tory voters. The bigger question is what do Labour do?

Clearly their leader is not in line with most Labour supporters on Brexit but I do slightly sympathise, although not hugely, because it's not guaranteed he would become the favourite to win a general election if he came out in support of a second referendum and it seems fairly obvious he doesn't want one anyway.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Because everyone (media) knows Tories are dickheads. It's Labour who had an open goal but went and scored an own goal at the other end of the pitch instead. Bottlers.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
At a guess - because the beeb hasn't been able to avoid constantly trashing the Tories, given the entire country including most of the Conservative Party has been bashing them for months, they feel they have to take any chance in front of them to trash Labour.
makes sense, but it has been a bad night for both but worse for the tories then Labour. makes no sense to me.

Ady87

It's a shit time to be a left leaning remainer right now. Sigh.
This is how I feel.

Even worse because I can see a GE coming soon and think this will translate to Westminster voting. As a Labour voter id rather there not be a GE until Brexit is sorted out...any sooner and we've got no chance.

rcoobc

Green. I'd vote Labour if all the remain parties joined to become what Change UK is trying to be.
I voted Green too.

Was stuck between Lib Dem and Green at the polling booth.

Naturally, I'm somewhere between a Lib Dem and a "Blairite" i.e. Right/Centre Labour supporter.

But still don't think Lib Dems deserve my vote.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Reckon they are making Brexit Party as blue as Tories to make it look like they are doing fine.

Smores

Because everyone (media) knows Tories are dickheads. It's Labour who had an open goal but went and scored an own goal at the other end of the pitch instead. Bottlers.
An open goal to get some european seats? They don't care about them, no one really does.

Saying that with Tories swinging towards no deal then now is the time for them to unequivocally support 2nd ref.

Fully Fledged

Looking at this we needed a united Remain party rather than having the vote split between 3 parties. It would have been a close run thing between leave and remain.

rcoobc

I've not added the numbers up.but gut feel that looks not far off 52%leave (ukip brexit and conservatives ) and 48% remain... (Assuming labour are remain?)
The problem is - they aren't. The core Labour heartland is core Leave territory.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Mark Francois is someone I'd be willing to push out of a helicopter.

Smores

Mark Francois is someone I'd be willing to push out of a helicopter.
I can't figure if he's an idiot or one who adopts idiocy to support his opinion.

Trying to claim tonights results as support for no deal is ridiculous. There's no majority for such a claim and it's told us nothing we didn't already know.

rcoobc

Brexit and UKIP vs Change UK, Green and Lib Dem there...

Then the question is, what does Labour and the Tories stand for in regards to Brexit in the North West?