UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Douglas Ross keeps his blue stain in the North of Scotland. Terrible human.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So far no-one giving credit to Boris and his strategy. He has smashed the Red Wall. He has re-positioned his party as no longer a Southern Party, but a Northern party too, as well as parts of Wales. He got a deal that no-one said he could, took the risk of an election which May screwed up, got a deal that united his party enough to pass the previous parliament, a more popular deal and PM than May, he moved the party to the left in the way that Blair moved Labour to the right by adding things like increases to the Minimum Working Wage and putting NHS as a main policy. He also ended the divide in his party over Europe that it has had my entire life, and proven he was democratically right to do so. He's set for a landslide victory that demolishes the Labour Party. I think people have severely underestimated him, he portrays himself as an amiable fool, but he has a sense for what is popular. And he will have more power over his party than any Tory leader since Thatcher.

Raab wins his seat, and ITV stick to 80+ seats prediction.
He went for an option that was actually well known of putting a border in the Irish sea and lost support of the party his government had paid £1bn to prop them up in the process. He then lied about needing checks.
A lot of his NHS promises (new hospitals, extra nurses and unprecedented funding) have turned out to be seriously misleading or outright lies.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Maybe, but there were several different iterations of leave so it makes more sense to show people what it would actually be like. I agree though there were people who wouldn't want to take the risk.
I think there were problems with Corbyn but also Labour were screwed on brexit anyway.
The tactical ploy by the Brexit party to stand down in a lot of seats won't have helped either.
Corbyn quits. Don’t think blaming it all on the media and Brexit was very brave though.
He's an absolute joke.

redshaw

Don Valley
Con hold, most votes go to Con and Labour

Brexit Party 6k+
Lib Dem Remain 1k+

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I've said it elsewhere but in this social media age the right has figured out, through cynical and dishonest means, how to convince many poor voters to vote against their own economic interests. It makes me very sad,
It's been the case in the US for several decades. The GOP and Tories know they can get voters to abandon their own self-interest with culture war, and culture war is the one thing Rupert Murdoch loves to sell. I won't blame it entirely on social media, but social media inculcates beliefs by providing everyone's racist/nutjob uncle a platform to spout ideas that were previously expressed in quiet conversations.

Older people and uneducated people are perfect targets for social media and the right wing media. They lack the sophistication to discern truth from fiction and are perfectly happy to believe the right wing story that all of their problems are other people's fault (read: immigrants, the educated "elites", etc.). They're happy to express their resentment by voting for parties that seek to punish the people they, wrongly, believe are harming or doing better them.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Ash Sarkar just casually linking Tory Rule between 1979-1997 and apartheid. I hate these people.

Thatcher was a major supporter of the apartheid regime. She got a lot of flak for it and finally came round to doing the right thing long after most other nations had imposed sanctions.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
My home constituency just went Tory. First time it’s not been held by Labour since 1929. feck you all, people back home!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
And yet, it likely won’t matter
There is a storm coming. There cannot be a situation where the the Tories have potentially less than 5 seats up here yet get to call the shots. The SNP will likely hold over 50 of 59 seats.

Uxbridge is a bloody weird place! Says something when the most normal person standing is Boris Johnson. What a weird bunch of candidates.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Jesus Christ, the lying cnut can’t even resist the urge to repeat all his lies after he’s already won. Anyone who voted for this prick deserves everything they get.

RK

So Corbyn wants to lead through a period of reflection.

After blaming everything but himself.

And so it continues...
What should Corbyn have done differently?
I'm struggling to see past this being a Brexit and MSM-dominated election, they would've bulldozed anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.