UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jesus Christ, the lying cnut can’t even resist the urge to repeat all his lies after he’s already won. Anyone who voted for this prick deserves everything they get.
I mean, he also said we'd be leaving on October 31st with or without a deal so....

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
What should Corbyn have done differently?
I'm struggling to see past this being a Brexit and MSM-dominated election, they would've bulldozed anyone.
We've been discussing this all night and no doubt will for ages yet.

But the speech, have some humility at least. If you have faith he's actually going to reflect good on you, but just like Thornberry earlier, it's going to be the obvious excuses.

OohAahMartial

SNP generally doing better than I expected, thought Conservatives would fight them harder. Will probably be the real opposition to the Tories now.

Lib Dems on the other hand have missed an open goal, almost Lukaku like.

sebsheep

But the speech, have some humility at least. If you have faith he's actually going to reflect good on you, but just like Thornberry earlier, it's going to be the obvious excuses.
To be fair it's not as if Brexit and the press weren't major factors here. Did someone say that the sun haven't lost an election since 1974?
Obviously there were failings on his side but we'd be daft to ignore the effects of those things.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Paul Mason speaking the most sense of all the Corbyn backers.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Only positive of the night is that I made some money on the conservative majority. What an absolute disaster

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Are LibDems more liberal than Labor? I need an analogy to US pols if that’s even remotely applicable
No. Basically a centrist movement, fluctuate a few cm either side depending on the context. During their formation they were centre left. Under Swinson they were centre right.

BUT views on BrExit are confused and don’t conform to the traditional left and right wing model.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's utterly baffling that Brexit is being used as an "excuse". Of course it was fecking pivotal you knobends. It's one of the most important political decisions of our lifetimes and it's one of the very few things we can directly influence with our vote. If your strategy wasn't built around responding to that first and foremost then it's hardly surprising you got smashed.

Suedesi

No. Basically a centrist movement, fluctuate a few cm either side depending on the context. During their formation they were centre left. Under Swinson they were centre right.

BUT views on BrExit are confused and don’t conform to the traditional left and right wing model.
thanks mate

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Seeing the results tonight I think Momentum were either having people campaigning on or they were completely clueless. A lot of constituencies were considered close and resources were ploughed there to attack. 4k difference in fecking Uxbridge they said it was on the edge. Looking at the other seats around my area they said were ready for flipping Wycombe, MK North & South, Watford all predicted 99% to go Cons. Something isn’t right here.

Redlambs

It's utterly baffling that Brexit is being used as an "excuse". Of course it was fecking pivotal you knobends. It's one of the most important political decisions of our lifetimes and it's one of the very few things we can directly influence with our vote. If your strategy wasn't built around responding to that first and foremost then it's hardly surprising you got smashed.
But...but...it's ok for Corbyn not to have an opinion, nor details of his great plan.

It just makes a mockery of a lot of opinions on this.

The Labour party need to look at just how they got this so drastically wrong, not just use it as an excuse. Add to the list things like not getting through their skulls how unpopular Corbyn actually is, and the lack of dealing with the anti-semite issues quickly.

Marcelinho87

Britain self harming right now... All these people have treat this like another referendum and gone steaming in thinking about nothing other than Brexit.

I feel for the minorities and the less fortunate right now and I fear for the NHS in the immediate future.... Dark times.

My town has remained a labour town but lost 22% of the vote to the Brexit party.

RK

There's definitely discussion to be had. But I think the obvious excuses cover 80% of the actual reasons.
Someone will do an analysis of where BXP stood / stood down and how this affected Con/Lab. In some examples it's really obvious where the shifts were, but a full picture when all the results are in will be interesting.

Redlambs

Seeing the results tonight I think Momentum were either having people campaigning on or they were completely clueless. A lot of constituencies were considered close and resources were ploughed there to attack. 4k difference in fecking Uxbridge they said it was on the edge. Looking at the other seats around my area they said were ready for flipping Wycombe, MK North & South, Watford all predicted 99% to go Cons. Something isn’t right here.
They've got so much wrong. You and the others who were out deserve praise for trying though on our behalf.

Meanwhile another Labour guy talking reflection and blaming brexit. This is never going to end is it ffs.

sebsheep

I'm not ignoring anything.

Corbyn and his ilk on the other hand...
I'm not saying you are, I just think we need to keep these issues in the minds of people because changing out Corbyn won't stop them. We really need to do something about the way press run the elections and campaigns of disinformation because they are anti-democratic in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.