UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Around the time of Brexit there was a debate here about re-alignment. I thought Labour would be impossible split into two then. After 2017 it looked much better and I ignored all that. Looks like the formal split has happened now. Labour have kept their gains in London, but have lost their old seats.

Oo0AahCantona

A watch for those on the left consoling themselves and left pondering tonight, from an American left wing perspective

Kopral Jono

He's saying what I have been the past couple of days, however he goes too far solely blaming Labour for the strength of the right. It's obviously not all down to them.

They certainly have played a role though, they have let us all down.
The thing about the right, broadly speaking (and not specific to UK politics), is that for whatever reason they can set aside even the starkest of differences they might have with themselves and turn up when it really matters as election time comes.

And unfortunately this is all happening whilst the left are too busy bickering amongst themselves.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It's surprising and at the same it isn't.

Lib Dems have been clear from the start they will remain, we've had so much vitrol over this 2016 result from the remain side, millions marching, the country almost split on the vote but none of them can even vote Lib Dem once in their lives to stop Brexit and let Lib Dems in power for a poxy 5 years. The Lib Dems haven't even moved the needle because people are so tied to Con or Lab, it something I've seen since I was young, a two party system.
I voted LibDem, but it was wasted in Theresa May's constituency. At least I have stuck to my pro remain principles.

redshaw

Well I know Wrexham, Darlington and Stoke are strong leave areas.

2017 Labour was honouring brexit, Mr Corbyn and McDonnell were the same people they are today. 2019 they put remain on the vote, Labour leavers don't want that so what happens is you torpedo the base you had in 2017. Labour have seen a large drop off.

They've strongly underestimated what bringing remain back has done in my opinion.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
LibDems retain Richmond which kicks out that tory racist Zac Goldsmith out of parliament

OohAahMartial

So far no-one giving credit to Boris and his strategy. He has smashed the Red Wall. He has re-positioned his party as no longer a Southern Party, but a Northern party too, as well as parts of Wales. He got a deal that no-one said he could, took the risk of an election which May screwed up, got a deal that united his party enough to pass the previous parliament, a more popular deal and PM than May, he moved the party to the left in the way that Blair moved Labour to the right by adding things like increases to the Minimum Working Wage and putting NHS as a main policy. He also ended the divide in his party over Europe that it has had my entire life, and proven he was democratically right to do so. He's set for a landslide victory that demolishes the Labour Party. I think people have severely underestimated him, he portrays himself as an amiable fool, but he has a sense for what is popular. And he will have more power over his party than any Tory leader since Thatcher.

Raab wins his seat, and ITV stick to 80+ seats prediction.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

As in the US, education is a stark division line in the electorate.

:eek: This is damning of Labour's attempts to persuade the poor that they're the party for them.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The hope of the left - to unify the working class + youth vote - dies with culture war (Brexit)

(thread)

marktan

Well at the very least at least now we'll finally be done with all the Brexit rubbish and can finally see how leaving works out. It's been beyond tedious the constant Brexit-related drama over the last 4 years.

Just a shame it has to be through a Boris led government. Hopefully this kick starts some serious change within the Labour party because quite frankly they've been a joke over the last 5 years.

MDFC Manager

Well done England! Electorate world over don't seem to be learning from their mistakes, so would you?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Jewish candidate with a Chanukah on next to Corbyn.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This should be funny. C'mon Jezza, what have you got to say?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So far no-one giving credit to Boris and his strategy. He has smashed the Red Wall. He has re-positioned his party as no longer a Southern Party, but a Northern party too, as well as parts of Wales. He got a deal that no-one said he could, took the risk of an election which May screwed up, got a deal that united his party enough to pass the previous parliament, a more popular deal and PM than May, he moved the party to the left in the way that Blair moved Labour to the right by adding things like increases to the Minimum Working Wage and putting NHS as a main policy. He also ended the divide in his party over Europe that it has had my entire life, and proven he was democratically right to do so. He's set for a landslide victory that demolishes the Labour Party. I think people have severely underestimated him, he portrays himself as an amiable fool, but he has a sense for what is popular. And he will have more power over his party than any Tory leader since Thatcher.

Raab wins his seat, and ITV stick to 80+ seats prediction.
It’s a good analysis but let’s also keep it real too; most people just aren’t very intelligent and are single issue voters. Largely against their own self interests. Boris, like Trump, has tapped into the psyche of the legions of dummies

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s a good analysis but let’s also keep it real too; most people just aren’t very intelligent and are single issue voters. Largely against their own self interests. Boris, like Trump, has tapped into the psyche of the legions of dummies
Truth. Reality. It’s bleak.

justboy68

As in the US, education is a stark division line in the electorate.

:eek: This is damning of Labour's attempts to persuade the poor that they're the party for them.
I've said it elsewhere but in this social media age the right has figured out, through cynical and dishonest means, how to convince many poor voters to vote against their own economic interests. It makes me very sad,

Status
Not open for further replies.