UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Feel the Brexit thread is being sidelined somewhat by election talk, though of course they are both incredibly interwined.

Whilst there's no official date yet, it's pretty clear now there'll be an election before the year is out.

Latest is parties will reject Boris' calls for an election again on Monday

Smores

Nobody wants an election thread till Brexit is delayed.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Nobody wants an election till Brexit is delayed.

Would Labor or any party run on a remain campaign during election?
SNP? Greens?
Libs I suspect will run on a second referendum with remain on the ballot which they will unequivocally campaign for
Labour... Fek knows ... Hopefully conference will force something better than we will negotiate a better deal than the conservatives to leave and then put it to a referendum where some currently won't commit to how they would vote some say they would campaign to remain and some leave.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Looking at the polls, it’s clear that the Brexit party & the Conservatives can easily get a majority together.

Despite my own feelings on the EU (that we’re far better off in than out), it seems that there’s still at least a small majority who want to leave.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Oh and Labour’s “we’ll negotiate a new deal and then campaign against it” plan is ridiculous and hands the advantage to the Conservatives/Farage.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Looking at the polls, it’s clear that the Brexit party & the Conservatives can easily get a majority together.

Despite my own feelings on the EU (that we’re far better off in than out), it seems that there’s still at least a small majority who want to leave.
If they had a non aggression pact then yeah...
Unless labour would commit to the remain alliance and then quite possibly they have the majority?

One things for sure and that's either side winning like that will struggle to govern... Imagine the conservatives needing farrage to approve any policy to have the votes to get it through (would make the dup look like rational collaborative adults)

Equally Corbyn and swinson being able to agree on policies won't work

So actually I'm not sure this ge is going to solve much... Especially if it returns a hung parliament (currently odds on).

WPMUFC

i'll believe the brexit party hype when I see it actually unfolding. The last time I saw all this panic around the BP, Farage was running off to a gents toilet to hide from cameras after a loss that was supposed to be a cakewalk win.

Smores

Oh and Labour’s “we’ll negotiate a new deal and then campaign against it” plan is ridiculous and hands the advantage to the Conservatives/Farage.
Why is it ridiculous to negotiate what they see as the best deal for britain but to also say they think remain is better but its up to you?

Whats a nonsense is thinking they shouldn't get and offer a better alternative than Mays because they'd prefer to remain. That's campaigning not governing.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Do the Brexit Party even have any policies on any other issues?
You ever seen that episode of family guy where Lois is running for mayor and only has to say 9/11 and the crowd lap it up?

I can imagine it being bit like that, with leave means leave.

Don't Kill Bill

If they had a non aggression pact then yeah...
Unless labour would commit to the remain alliance and then quite possibly they have the majority?

One things for sure and that's either side winning like that will struggle to govern... Imagine the conservatives needing farrage to approve any policy to have the votes to get it through (would make the dup look like rational collaborative adults)

Equally Corbyn and swinson being able to agree on policies won't work

So actually I'm not sure this ge is going to solve much... Especially if it returns a hung parliament (currently odds on).
Last time May was going to win in a landslide. This election is going to be a very volatile one. In the end it might be a stalemate but I wouldn't bet against a serious and defining change one way or the other. Do you think the polling organisations can be trusted to get somewhere near the result this time because I think their models are broken?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I can see this election's result being manipulated.

Fully Fledged

About 15% of Tory voters are Remainers who couldn't imagine voting any other way than Tory. There's a small majority for remain it one of the reasons why an election won't be a true vote on Brexit.

0le

I would not mind extending the deadline, but I am not convinced that it would do anything - we will still hear the same endless speeches and we will still not come to a consensus.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I would not mind extending the deadline, but I am not convinced that it would do anything - we will still hear the same endless speeches and we will still not come to a consensus.
Indeed... If libs win election (or push their policy as the price of a coalition) then they want a referendum... Probably at least another 6 month extension (or more) for that
If labour win and they want to renegotiate and then hold a referendum... Probably 18 months extension
I have no problem with that but I hope people are honest about it in the election or they are setting themselves up for a lot of problems when people realise the realities.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I think remain people would still Vote libs in large numbers knowing they would certainly try to deliver on that.
I think (hope) there'll be a gigantic amount of tactical voting depending on who's most likely to beat the local Tory.

Fluctuation0161

SNP? Greens?
Libs I suspect will run on a second referendum with remain on the ballot which they will unequivocally campaign for
Labour... Fek knows ... Hopefully conference will force something better than we will negotiate a better deal than the conservatives to leave and then put it to a referendum where some currently won't commit to how they would vote some say they would campaign to remain and some leave.
Second referendum with clearer options is arguably the only way to settle this mess. In that sense Labour's position seems a perfectly valid option.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The point of extending the deadline is two fold.
One. to allow Mr Bumble to do what he has said he can do an renegotiate the WA.
Two. to allow a second referendum which I now believe is necessary.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Indeed... If libs win election (or push their policy as the price of a coalition) then they want a referendum... Probably at least another 6 month extension (or more) for that
If labour win and they want to renegotiate and then hold a referendum... Probably 18 months extension
I have no problem with that but I hope people are honest about it in the election or they are setting themselves up for a lot of problems when people realise the realities.
The EU are extremely unlikely to grant an 18 month extension. They have the new EU budget coming up next summer, they need this resolved one way or another before then.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The EU are extremely unlikely to grant an 18 month extension. They have the new EU budget coming up next summer, they need this resolved one way or another before then.
Then there cant be a renegotiation and a referendum
Referendum is minimum 6 months (if there is no legal challenges to the question and clearly there would be)... Probably need to allow a year to hold it and implement it
And a full renegotiation... That must be a year and this would have to be finished to put it as an option on the ballot
If that's not an option then labour needs to be honest and say if they are committed to a referendum and they don't have that long it's Mays deal or revoke

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can all the old people hurry up and die please.

LARulz

If Boris resigns, what happens? Can the "rebel alliance" form an alliance to get the extension and then a GE? I imagine if that is possible, Boris resigning would be a political move for his come back at the GE and can say he kept his word about Brexit/did his part. Then if he wins, gets his mandate to feck everyone over

Status
Not open for further replies.