UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Journalists sit on many stories for many reasons. For example, one doesn't have to think too hard to see why telling people what happened in a private coach of MPs on downtime might result in some difficulty in terms of similar access later. Also, with greater profile comes greater scrutiny and greater newsworthy-ness.

None of that matters in regards to whether the story is true or not though.
I think it's pretty clear why he's chosen to sit on it and release it at this particular time. I just don't buy the BS reason given in the article.

Will have to wait and see what the MPs in question have to say about it.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Will have to wait and see what the MPs in question have to say about it.
Perhaps the labour candidate for Uxbridge will explain his destroying Israel comments as well

Meh... Hopefully his local party has to explain his selection to the ehrc... And the nec for allowing him to stand given his comments

Though I guess he sees destroying Israel as being ok as he thinks they have no right to exist

Fluctuation0161

What do you mean the story has no source? It's a first-hand account. One that would be pretty easy for any of those accused to dispute if it was untrue. The article also explains why the decision to publish the story has been made now. It's not like this is some random Daily Mail journo either, he's the senior political correspondent for a legit outlet who would be hugely exposed if he made up something he claims happened in front of (literally) a bus load of MPs from several parties.
Actually, Wickham, ex Guido, "one of the best connected in Tory circles", may as well be a Daily Mail journo, to be fair.

The incident certainly needs to be investigated and if found to be true dealt with. But the reaction from the poster I was replying to was ridiculous.

Edit: in light of the MP's response, the post I was initially replying to from @sun_tzu seems even more ridiculous and tabloid.

Last edited:

Fluctuation0161

The guy accused of saying poof is gay?

Also the guy next to him slept cos he was 'tired'? I've been to Cheltenham several times for the races and he was clearly pissed drunk unconscious.
Shocking isn't it.

Meanwhile in news from today...

Tory Islamophobia row: Warsi accuses Hancock of 'whitesplaining'
Warsi hits back at minister for saying ‘others take a more balanced approach’ than Muslim peer

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...ia-hancock-accused-of-trying-to-isolate-warsi

Sweet Square

Ok, whoever is doing this needs to just come out and admit that they're messing around. If this election is a multiplayer game of Call of Duty then the person playing as the Lib Dems is someone on a wind up who's just running around firing their grenade launcher into the air and blasting dance music through their mic.
:lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Last edited:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
This happens to often when this issue is brought up, just brush it under the carpet and tell Muslims it isn't happening.
Because the right wing media isn't going to make a big deal out of it so the Tories get away with it. YouGov polled almost 1000 Conservative party members earlier this year and 40% wanted less Muslims entering the country and almost half wouldn't want a Muslim PM.

Imagine the uproar if a similar number of Labour party members believed that about Jewish people.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So torys are racist and labourers are anti-semitic. As a none brittish i got it right?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

We don't have a right wing press though, honest.

Raulduke

Edit: So the Sunday Times have this Russian Report story but they're instead putting a Tory claim that Labour's policies would cost the economy £1 trillion on their front page. :houllier:

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Observer said:
Fury as decision on police inquiry into PM shelved until after election
Labour ‘shocked’ as police watchdog freezes investigation into Jennifer Arcuri scandal

Untied

Incorrect... It's a non departmental public body... As I posted befire

So what is a non-departmental public body

Well funnily enough I posted that before
As well

Literally the first line and first link off wiki shows its a non governmental organisation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equality_and_Human_Rights_Commission

Or you could have checked on the ehrc own website on their about us section
For example under the section about they work with the government
I don’t consider an organisation who’s entire leadership is appointed by government to be independent of government. If you think otherwise, cool.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Edit: So the Sunday Times have this Russian Report story but they're instead putting a Tory claim that Labour's policies would cost the economy £1 trillion on their front page. :houllier:
Honestly at this point putin himself could become leader of the Conservative party and he'd probably still get elected.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

It will be fun if Bernie wins - the same CIA+FBI #resistance that has been so popular against Trump will further act as a power independent of the executive branch.

Fluctuation0161

It will be fun if Bernie wins - the same CIA+FBI #resistance that has been so popular against Trump will further act as a power independent of the executive branch.
Seems a bit ridiculous considering the Boris Johnson/Conservative party links to Russian funding.

Unless both Trump and Johnson are Russian funded bots. Then it's a love in, I guess.

Supports
Barcelona
How come no coalitions are forming when a life-changing policy like Brexit is on the ballot? The tories at least have a huge advanatage, so what exactly are the remainers doing?!!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
How come no coalitions are forming when a life-changing policy like Brexit is on the ballot? The tories at least have a huge advanatage, so what exactly are the remainers doing?!!
Because their policies are otherwise incompatible.

The SNP want to nope the eff out of the Union. Can't entirely day I blame them. But tearing the country into two isn't something I support and would be even worse than brexit for the idiotic drama it would create.

The Lib Dems are the greenest major party (they bring up environmental issues more often than Labour or the Tories per MP) but if the Tories and Labour disappeared it would be the Greens taking up the traditional left wing role and the Lib Dems taking up the right. The Greens are borrow and spend. The Libs fiscal conservativism.

That all being said, I'd love for the Greens and Libs to form a joint party to sit in maybe 200-300 seats in general elections only. But they are different parties

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

What's going on with that? Saw the lame Corbyn will bankrupt us story instead. Have the Tories promised John Witherow a knighthood?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They have formed a Remain alliance over a number of seats ... Libs greens and plaid
Similar to they did in the by-elections
And just like then labour won't join (fair enough as they are not commited to backing remain even in a second referendum)
Brexit have been trying to get the conservatives in an alliance but due to Corbyn being so unpopular the conservatives seem to think they don't need the help
And the SNP won't join up with anybody who won't agree to a "FREEEDOOOOOOM" referendum which I believe no other party has backed
Northern Ireland as usual doing its own thing
So there have been moves I guess the traditional party lines, first past the post system, and labour getting splinters up their arse have resulted in it going nowhere

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Johnson doesn’t even know how his own deal with the EU works (I’m really hoping Corbyn pushes this point in the debates)

I am all for criticising Corbyn but there is literally nothing wrong in that video. The Tories are really bad at Social Media.

Abizzz

Conservatives might want to be careful pulling numbers out their arse using "labour said" lest someone reminds them of all the shit they been saying the past 2 years :lol:

villain

Hates Beyoncé

Pathetic. ‘Our job is to scrutinise Labour’. What a useless, arrogant man.

How many Tory MP’s have screwed up when under questioning this week?
On top of the Tories social media team screwing up at least twice already too.

The blind leading the blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.