UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d obviously love to see the Tories lose a bunch of seats but failing that, it would be hilarious to see absolutely zero change in the makeup of Parliament post election.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I’d obviously love to see the Tories lose a bunch of seats but failing that, it would be hilarious to see absolutely zero change in the makeup of Parliament post election.
I watched the 2017 results come at a comedy night in a pub in Soho. The roar of the crowd’s celebration on the exit poll showing May didn’t have her majority was just :drool:

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I honestly think this is what is going to happen.
I don’t think it will be far off on paper. I do think though that some labour back benchers will be bolder and back Johnson’s deal and Tory rebels will fall back in line and concede defeat and he will get the deal agreed.

Infra-red

So Labour will fight a traditional left vs right election, while everyone else will be making it all about Brexit.

Gut says a small(ish) Tory majority will be the outcome (and therefore Johnson's Brexit deal will pass in January).

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I watched the 2017 results come in at a comedy night in a pub in Soho. The roar of the crowds celebration on the exit poll showing May didn’t have her majority was just :drool:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Missed the last debate and vote.

Does 12th election include 16/18 year olds and EU citizens?

Smores

Its unlikely i think but we may go into this election with a recession announced.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Great. Another election where I have no one I really believe in to vote for, and a weak Labour party who continue to fail us against this shower of shite in charge.

I am going to turn up and vote but have absolutely no drive to.

littlepeasoup

Who's got experience with postal votes?

It'll be the first time I'll be out of the country on election day, which is basically just a humblebrag to say I'm going on holiday, and leaving you all to wallow in what is set to be just the biggest clusterf*ck.

Ban

I guess you Brits have a similar situation as we do in Croatia. Awful government but even worse opposition.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Who's got experience with postal votes?

It'll be the first time I'll be out of the country on election day, which is basically just a humblebrag to say I'm going on holiday, and leaving you all to wallow in what is set to be just the biggest clusterf*ck.
I normally use a postal vote... Straightforward it comes in the post... You fill it out and send it back

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Great. Another election where I have no one I really believe in to vote for, and a weak Labour party who continue to fail us against this shower of shite in charge.

I am going to turn up and vote but have absolutely no drive to.
I feel the same.

Am still Remain and anti Boris, but also alienated by some of Corbyn’s policies and am sure he’ll annouce a few more deal breakers on the stump. Voting Lib Dem feels too much like 'last man standing' and so doesn’t work either.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I guess you Brits have a similar situation as we do in Croatia. Awful government but even worse opposition.
I think the problem is we have an awful system

If we had a pr system with the split votes now parties would be compromising but under fptp the emphasis is on not giving an inch and fighting an election to win control

Ban

I think the problem is we have an awful system

If we had a pr system with the split votes now parties would be compromising but under fptp the emphasis is on not giving an inch and fighting an election to win control
We have about 200 political parties. Beat that! :)
Everybody wants to be a politican cause it pays of.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I wouldn't go that far, have you seen Boris and Co?

Ban

I wouldn't go that far, have you seen Boris and Co?
Trust me, opposition 'leader' is a guy who wouldn't know what to do if election win would fall on his head.
Although I agree Boris is genuinely awful. :)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I feel the same.

Am still Remain and anti Boris, but also aliented by some of Corbyn’s policies and am sure he’ll annouce a few more deal breakers on the stump. Voting Lib Dem feel too much like last man standing and so doesn’t work either.
The sad thing is I will be voting Labour, but it'll do no good.

And afterwards it will be the same old excuses as to why they failed again. The blame will be on everyone else rather than those running it and their hardcore supporters, as always, lap it up. I'm baffled as to why more aren't questioning their actual desire to be the party in charge. Obviously I'm about to be told how wrong I am, but I just don't think they truly want it and haven't for years.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The sad thing is I will be voting Labour, but it'll do no good.

And afterwards it will be the same old excuses as to why they failed again. The blame will be on everyone else rather than those running it and their hardcore supporters, as always, lap it up. I'm baffled as to why more aren't questioning their actual desire to be the party in charge. Obviously I'm about to be told how wrong I am, but I just don't think they truly want it and haven't for years.
when corbyn loses this one, he will go
(and the left will die with him)

DavidDeSchmikes

i'll be shocked if anyone wins a majority. But after what happened in 2015, 2016 and 2017 who knows

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
when corbyn loses this one, he will go
(and the left will die with him)
The media will help momentum pick their next leader, ensuring they are equally risible, flawed and “unelectable”.

DavidDeSchmikes

Status
Not open for further replies.