Umtiti - Press starts linking him to United

ManchesterYoda

I would prefer to sign Umtiti rather than Maguire. Umtiti is better and could be bought half the price. Year younger and left footed too.

romufc

I would prefer to sign Umtiti rather than Maguire. Umtiti is better and could be bought half the price. Year younger and left footed too.
You think you can get Umtiti for £40m, having a laugh are you?

Lavanda

He'd be a perfect match for Jones in the infirmary :lol:.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Incredibly injury prone apparently.
Not injury prone, he is permanently injured. He lacks cartilage in his knee. Almost same problem Ledley King had.

I have a relative that is a scientist on this topic, and there are a lot that is happening in this area. But from my understanding it's basically a waiting game of 6 months, test the knee and repeat.

MyDevil

No, thanks. Our medical team is already too busy with Jones, Baily and Sanchez.

Handré1990

Not injury prone, he is permanently injured. He lacks cartilage in his knee. Almost same problem Ledley King had.

I have a relative that is a scientist on this topic, and there are a lot that is happening in this area. But from my understanding it's basically a waiting game of 6 months, test the knee and repeat.
Yeah, would probably be a terrible idea.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
To bad he comes without functioning knees. He looks a good player but if he can't stay fit he's of no use to us.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
To bad he comes without functioning knees. He looks a good player but if he can't stay fit he's of no use to us.
We are in desperate need for any decent CB, but even we wouldn't take him (atleast I'm hoping the club isn't that stupid). I would say it is more likely he will miss significant chunk of the season than stay healthy throughout.

ZAKU-RED

Supports
Barcelona
Going by his two preseason games and the performances once he got back, you guys are better off signing someone else.

It's going to take a long time if ever to get back to a level where he can seriously compete with Lenglet. He's sluggish and part of it seems like in total fear of him not hurting his knee again. Todibo despite being 19 and not having many top-level games looks far more ready to be our 3rd CB over Umtiti.

mu4c_20le

We are in desperate need for any decent CB, but even we wouldn't take him (atleast I'm hoping the club isn't that stupid). I would say it is more likely he will miss significant chunk of the season than stay healthy throughout.
To be fair your club aren't even looking at any CB at all over 18, so you can't hope too much.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair your club aren't even looking at any CB at all over 18, so you can't hope too much.
Where did you hear that? Emery has said we are looking to add a CB. We already signed an 18 year old CB this window (loaned him back), we have another young CB in Holding who is just coming back from injury. Doubt we are looking to bring in another 18 or younger CB on top of that.

mu4c_20le

Where did you hear that? Emery has said we are looking to add a CB. We already signed an 18 year old CB this window (loaned him back), we have another young CB in Holding who is just coming back from injury. Doubt we are looking to bring in another 18 or younger CB on top of that.
Just a hunch, haven't seen your club being linked to any CBs other than the teenager so far.

Bestietom

Think Umtiti will be an alternative if we can't get Maguire. Monday deadline for Maguire say SSN.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This really would be total desperation, but it just might happen.

Shark

@NotShark
Another crock, of all defenders. This club is beyond saving if we go for this guy.