Unacceptable or Weird Chants

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
A new example.

Maguire one isn't so bad but I'm not sure how we got away with Park Ji Sung's chant for so many years, it's probably one of the most unacceptable chants there is but it was overlooked during his whole United career. The Lukaku Belgian penis one was just weird but thankfully didn't last.

Do you think there should be someone sanctioning these types of stuff? When they are good they can be really good like the Ole chant, Falcao chant, Zlatan chant, Herrera chant etc.

Gopher Brown

What’s unacceptable about that Maguire chant? Other than the utter tunelessness of it?

Nico87

“There’s only two Andy Goram’s” when it was revealed he’d been diagnosed as a schizophrenic wasn’t a particularly sensitive reaction.

Nico87

The Wenger chant was the most repellent one we have ever had a Old Trafford, the Gerrard one was also seemed to offended a few but I don’t think that was as bad.

witchtrials

The Wenger chant was the most repellent one we have ever had a Old Trafford, the Gerrard one was also seemed to offended a few but I don’t think that was as bad.
Which Gerrard one was that?

Scotty McT

I was browsing the (apparently very racist) 'Juventuz' forum and someone posted a photoshopped picture of Lukaku with a large penis and it reminded me of that - thankfully - short-lived chant that half the fanbase was trying to convince the other half wasn't racist. According to the guy who posted that, Lukaku can be the new Asamoah in the having a large penis regard.

I wasn't on this website around the time that chant was being discussed, but the main argument in favour of the chant seemed to be that it was alright because it's a positive stereotype about black people. Could they really not see the sort of resentment that can result from this idea of black men being hypersexual with giant penises? Honestly don't think I could have tuned into a match again if that chant took off. Embarrassing.

Reactions: van der star

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The Park one was fantastic. My Liverpool-supporting mates begrudgingly admitted it was mint with a wry smirk on their faces. Can't take things like that so seriously.

willhse456

We have a few about Dalglish, City/Liverpool that are a bit dodgy and I'm slightly surprised they haven't been picked up by other sets of fans...

Jordan_mufc

I've always hated the Park chant. It's vile. But people will still claim it's just "banter" though.

Mocking race, nationality, culture or appearance is just ignorant imho.

Josep Dowling

“There’s only two Andy Goram’s” when it was revealed he’d been diagnosed as a schizophrenic wasn’t a particularly sensitive reaction.
People had a sense of humour back then, now everyone is offended by everything. The Maguire chant is crap but saying he has a big head is hardly offensive.

matt10000

How about a Harry Maguire chant to Kings Of Leon ‘Sex on Fire’ but change ‘Sex On Fire’ to ‘Harry Maguire’!

Obviously needs some work if you want verses etc. but you the general idea!

.....or perhaps something to Light My Fire
Cmon cmon Harry Maguire
Try to set the match on fire

Reiver

I could be wrong as my memory is getting worse, but I think his own fans started this one as a show of support.

SER19

I'm offended. Let me go decide by what. I'll be back.

MalcolmTucker

I've always hated the Park chant. It's vile. But people will still claim it's just "banter" though.

Mocking race, nationality, culture or appearance is just ignorant imho.
Is it vile? Koreans do eat dogs. If I moved to a foreign league and they chanted about me drinking tea or having bad teeth I wouldn't be offended. It's lazy stereotyping but that's kind of why it's funny - at least if it's done in good humour

big rons sovereign

Liiiiiverpool, liiiiiverpool, liiiiiverpool, liiiiiverpool.
Chewsea, chewsea, chewsea, chewsea,.....

matt10000

I remember being in Utd road in 80s before Millwall match. Millwall were humming Eastenders tune, Utd humming Coronation street tune back at them. Then a clearly visible chubby Millwall fan in a part of the terrace still filling up started gesticulating and Utd sang “You fat bastard”, then he decided to get his big fat belly out, to which Utd responded with “Have you ever seen your dick”. Haha it was all good humoured.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Harry's got a small head
Maguire got a tiny head
Repeat that till you've got strength
Cause we're politically correct

Eriku

Is it vile? Koreans do eat dogs. If I moved to a foreign league and they chanted about me drinking tea or having bad teeth I wouldn't be offended. It's lazy stereotyping but that's kind of why it's funny - at least if it's done in good humour
I am deeply shocked that Malcolm Tucker isn’t more sensitive.

Marcelinho87

The baby’s not yours, due to his wife’s alleged affair with a scouse gangster named pancake.
Read a bit about Gerrards upbringing and younger days as a footballer. Guys like Pancake, Kinsella and Psycho.. all a bit scary tbh! I bet there is loads of dodgy, gangster related goings on in football.

GeorgieBoy

The Adebayor one I’ve heard at OT a few times was pretty fecking bad.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The Park chant is one of the greatest chants of all time.
I agree - not sure what the problem is TBH, there actually is a relatively high consumption of dog meat in Korea

The Adebayor one I’ve heard at OT a few times was pretty fecking bad.
that one was a lot worse than the Park chant, definite racist undertones

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There are usually some Hysel or Hillsborough related chants that I refuse to join in with when we play Liverpool - that for me is where things cross the line

worldinmotion66

The colour red is offending me now as it represents danger and anger. We need to change to pink.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I never heard it myself, but I remember seeing on Twitter a few years ago United fans being accused of chanting "show us where you piss from" at Eva Carneiro. Around the same time I think Arsenal fans were also accused of singing "Have you ever had a Gooner up your arse?". No idea if these actually happened or were just baseless accusations from Chelsea fans?

If they happened, I assume it would have been very small numbers. I'd hope so, anyway.

Classical Mechanic

Harry's got a small head
Maguire got a tiny head
Repeat that till you've got strength
Cause we're politically correct
‘Maguire has a very large head
All head sizes are acceptable
Large heads wishing to identify as small heads are welcome too
Cause we’re politically correct’