Unai Emery - Ex-Arsenal Manager

Cloud7

Now we’re the only ones of the top clubs stuck who’re stuck with their underperforming manager.

izec

Now we’re the only ones of the top clubs stuck who’re stuck with their underperforming manager.
we will still be stuck for quite a while. We will sack him next season at this time, once the romanticism wears off. We always need longer

CallyRed

I'm glad they have given the temp job to an ex underwear model. Finally getting the recognition they deserve

el3mel

we will still be stuck for quite a while. We will sack him next season at this time, once the romanticism wears off. We always need longer
Arsenal will probably go on and hire Allegri now, then Bayern will announce Poch taking over starting from next season and that will be it for us, stuck with Ole and his broken wheel.

Ban

Arsenal will probably go on and hire Allegri now, then Bayern will announce Poch taking over starting from next season and that will be it for us, stuck with Ole and his broken wheel.
Poch is the last manager in the whole world?

el3mel

Poch is the last manager in the whole world?
Definitely the best one for us, and if not him then the second on the list is Allegri and we will see both flying away from us now because of the silly idea of being patient on an average on the hope he will miraculously turn good at some point in the future.

Alabaster Codify7

Good timing for my post - gone.

I liked him, nice chap, average manager with a shit squad (strikers aside).

Arteta I reckon.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Oh well, it looks that counter-attacking Sevilla was pretty much his level.

I guess that Arse will go for some meme manager who hasn't managed anything proper beforehand in Ole or Lampard's ilk. Vieira? Arteta? Some other cnut of theirs that's managing?
sol campbell

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Vieira and Arteta will be interesting yet risky choices.Do Arsenal want to do that ?

Personally,I think they'll go for Allegri.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Poch wouldn't go there imo. He shouldn't either as he'll get better offers.

I see the Wolves boss is the bookies favourite - that's got to be a bit underwhelming for Arsenal fans?

I'd move heaven and earth for Rodgers. I just think it'd be a great fit although Rodgers probably wouldn't go for it.

KekiZeki

Anyone comparing this to our situation is deluded. Unay took over Arsenal in better overall position than Ole iherited, you can't let this unsettle our team when we're making strides to improve our team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Poch wouldn't go there imo. He shouldn't either as he'll get better offers.

I see the Wolves boss is the bookies favourite - that's got to be a bit underwhelming for Arsenal fans?

I'd move heaven and earth for Rodgers. I just think it'd be a great fit although Rodgers probably wouldn't go for it.
One qualm I have is still with Rodgers defensively. He walked into a great back line at Leicester but he won't have that at Arsenal.

A manager like Nuno or Rafa is what they need. More pragmatism at the back.

Ban

Definitely the best one for us, and if not him then the second on the list is Allegri and we will see both flying away from us now because of the silly idea of being patient on an average on the hope he will miraculously turn good at some point in the future.
So basically 2 biggest names on the market right now? That kind of tactic sure helped us before. Not to mention they're completely different managers. But hell let's go for the 1st one available.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone comparing this to our situation is deluded. Unay took over Arsenal in better overall position than Ole iherited, you can't let this unsettle our team when we're making strides to improve our team.
Why do you say this? I don't think Emery had a better position. He had players unable to implement his style just like Ole did. He ignored key areas of spending like Ole and he was pretty shite.

el3mel

So basically 2 biggest names on the market right now? That kind of tactic sure helped us before. Not to mention they're completely different managers. But hell let's go for the 1st one available.
So yeah because the last 2 experienced managers weren't a very big success we should go on and and scout unknown managers from now on or persist with a terrible one because it might work eventually. Honestly I never get this logic.

And anyway the 2 experienced managers we had had done far better than the 2 inexperienced ones so this logic doesn't have any basis to start with.

All the logic I see about Ole staying revolves around "no available candidates", "Poch never won a trophy", "we tried experienced managers before", "it took Fergie 5 years". Yet to see any solid logic, at all.

el3mel

Absolutely ridiculous this. He took them as they finished 6th the previous season. Ole took a side who finished 2nd the previous one.

Ban

So yeah because the last 2 experienced managers weren't a very big success we should go on and and scout unknown managers from now on or persist with a terrible one because it might work eventually. Honestly I never get this logic.

And anyway the 2 experienced managers we had had done far better than the 2 inexperienced ones so this logic doesn't have any basis to start with.

All the logic I see about Ole staying revolves around "no available candidates", "Poch never won a trophy", "we tried experienced managers before", "it took Fergie 5 years". Yet to see any solid logic, at all.
So cause experienced managers were better than inexperienced ones but were sacked. Getting yet another manager who's available for the sake of it without any plan or without changing things from atop will surely, surely work. That's how Ed rolls. And yeah Poch hasn't won a trophy, it's a fact. Blindless love he has in this place is hilarious.

red4ever 79

Ok so let me understand this. In the last 2 weeks both Spurs and Arsenal have sacked their managers and rightfully so because they are underachieving massively. This is despite Spurs having 17 points and Arsenal 18 points in the Premier league.

Oh well. We can hope

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Exactly. This is incredibly fecking dumb.

el3mel

So cause experienced managers were better than inexperienced ones but were sacked. Getting yet another manager who's available for the sake of it without any plan or without changing things from atop will surely, surely work. That's how Ed rolls. And yeah Poch hasn't won a trophy, it's a fact. Blindless love he has in this place is hilarious.
So what is the current plan that's worth keeping Ole for? Or are the reason you don't want us to hire definitely far better manager than Ole is that our board and Ed are crap anyway so nothing is going to change so ok let's keep him? So since we have a big problem, we shouldn't try to solve any other smaller problems in the club, let all the problems coexist at the same time till Woodward leaves?

And Poch is also a far better manager than Ole from every perspective than Ole, this is also an undeniable fact, and seeing him going to Arsenal or Bayern while we stick with Ole will be the real terrible management from Woodward, not sacking Ole and hiring him.

Ban

So what is the current plan that's worth keeping Ole for? Or are the reason you don't want us to hire definitely far better manager than Ole is that our board and Ed are crap anyway so nothing is going to change so ok let's keep him? So since we have a big problem, we shouldn't try to solve any other smaller problems in the club, let all the problems coexist at the same time till Woodward leaves?

And Poch is also a far better manager than Ole from every perspective than Ole, this is also an undeniable fact, and seeing him going to Arsenal or Bayern while we stick with Ole will be the real terrible management from Woodward, not sacking Ole and hiring him.
Yeah you're right. Once we sack that fraud everything will be great again. And fans will fall in love with Ed again.

el3mel

Yeah you're right. Once we sack that fraud everything will be great again. And fans will fall in love with Ed again.
No one ever said that. No one expects us to be world beaters once Ole leaves, but at the same time he has also been a problem on his own that needs to be solved. Let's imagine that Glazers and Woodward leave, do you think the new owners will persist with Ole? The answer is clearly no. We don't have one problem. We have multiple problems, board, players, manager. Keeping a failed manager because there is a bigger problem than him in the club is somewhat a weird logic. What will we gain from that exactly in your opinion?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Right not Bayern isn't our rival. But all hail Saint Poch I guess.
@Irrational. said " if they hire poch now..." in an Arsenal thread, to which you posted "hopefully"

Where are you getting Bayern from?
Bayern can hire Poch all they want.