• Messi

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I also think that Arsenal team is overrated.
You go unbeaten but finish with 90 points. That's poor imo.
Haha. What?

I'd take an unbeaten season (including a title win of course) over any points/goals/wins record. Easy.

promisedlanchiao

I would prefer an unbeaten season, but also with a cup trophy next to it to make it a phenomenal season along with an impressive season. Without the cup though, I’d take the record breaking season, which we had many of already under the great man himself, Sir Alex.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I think unbeaten is a greater achievement, the extra pressure mounting after every game especially in the last quarter of the season is huge. You are the team to beat, especially in the Premier League you need everything going your way and bags of luck too.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
It would possibly depend on the points balance. Being unbeaten but scraping to a title with tons of 0-0 draws probably wouldn't be as impressive as winning 37 games and losing one.

Of course, in an actual real life season, other factors would have to be taken into account, like Europe, domestic cup/s, style of play, how many games were won well and how many were won by flukey crosses going in or last minute penalties and such.

I guarantee though that an invincible season would lead to more merchandising options I think, lots of t-shirts for the club execs to get excited about. "Invincible" is a tight marketing label. "Pure tons of points, lad" isn't quite as transactional.

Robertd0803

Unbeaten all season. No one will ever be able to take that tag away from Arsenal forever while records can be broken.

Pagh Wraith

I'd go as far as preferring not winning the league undefeated over winning it with 100 points. It is just such an incredible achievement.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Reading the thread, I'm under the impression that the invicibles have a bigger place in people memories than 2011/2012 Real Madrid.
Two reasons: 1) this is a manchester united board 2) the 11/12 season is effectively footnote in the recent history of real madrid. You won't find a single madridista bragging about that over what we've accomplished in the last 4 seasons

Same thing with barcelona. Unbeaten league is nice and all, but it's no treble, or double with probably the greatest club team in football history

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
unbeaten with tonnes of draws is blah.
i would prefer 100points over it, for United but unbeaten while having 100 points is something else and I would rather have it, than 100 points but beaten by either a rival or a lowly team.

as for Barsa, they already have acheived the 100 points, they would very much prefer unbeaten run than 100points.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
The first thing I remember when I think of Porto's season under AVB was winning trophies, playing exciting football and humiliating rivals. Going unbeaten was, like someone mentioned before, a footnote.

It was "nice" and all, it was an achievement only Benfica had done so it was nice to "steal" that from them, but it's very secondary in my memory. Don't know why people make such a big fuss about it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
as for Barsa, they already have acheived the 100 points, they would very much prefer unbeaten run than 100points.
For that matter, would barcelona change their 9 draws with say 6 wins and 3 losses(none against us)? Chance to finish the season on 105 points, which would be utterly insane

@Ishdalar

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Obviously the primary objective is to win the league, so discounting the 38 games 38 draws nonsense, going unbeaten is a bigger feat.

It also depends on the quality of the league.

How often has it happened in La Liga?

Deleted member 101472

Also worth considering the drama effect, if you win the league with 100+ points then more likely than not you’ll have done it with maybe 4 games to spare, whereas going unbeaten keeps the suspense until the last whistle of the season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I feel like unbeaten and record amount of points are metaphors for two players.....

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
You're not invincible if you lose twice (5-1 on agg) vs. your archrivals in one Cup, lose 3-0 to Roma of all sides in another Cup, and lose to Espanyol (again couldn't have been to a worse side if they had to pick) along the way in yet another Cup. That's losses in 3 out of 4 fronts, so there's no "aura" whatsoever.

Not to mention the ref bailing you out of losing in that last one to avoid making it losses in 4/4.