Gaming Uncharted 4

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Still haven't finished 3. Got bored of it. 2 was very fun but the final boss fight was awful. Not a game made for boss fights.

Bebe

3 was good, but lacked the unique magic of 2 imo.

Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog do for their ps4 debut, those guys took the ps3 places no one else could.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Still haven't finished 3. Got bored of it. 2 was very fun but the final boss fight was awful. Not a game made for boss fights.
I like the boss fights. Thought the one in number 3 was pretty wank but.

I loved number 2 because even though it wasn't ridiculously long it felt like alot happened and it just felt satisfying to finish the game.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Uncharted 2 was the game that reconciled me with video games. I don't think I've ever had as much fun as when playing that. I haven't bought the PS4 yet, but Uncharted 4 would be reason enough for me to get it. Is there a release date planned yet?

Edit: There's a suggested video after you watch the trailer in the OP, "everything we know so far", which is hilarious. Sounds like it's narrated by Van Persie, and the guy goes on a huge 1'30 rant about people who abuse him :lol:

Leg-End

Uncharted 3 was a great game in its own right, it just couldn't match what Uncharted 2 managed which is one of the greatest video games of all time.

Really looking forward to the first proper trailer for this one, Druckmann/Straley created something special with The Last of Us so its up to Hennig/Richmond to somehow try and match it.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Uncharted 3 was a great game in its own right, it just couldn't match what Uncharted 2 managed which is one of the greatest video games of all time.

Really looking forward to the first proper trailer for this one, Druckmann/Straley created something special with The Last of Us so its up to Hennig/Richmond to somehow try and match it.

In what sense though? I hope Uncharted doesn't go for overtly emotional tones, first and foremost it's a very cool Indiana Jones game. I hope it's awesome and light-hearted.

WeasteDevil

In what sense though? I hope Uncharted doesn't go for overtly emotional tones, first and foremost it's a very cool Indiana Jones game. I hope it's awesome and light-hearted.
I think that some people are sceptical about the lack of Druckman and Straley working on this, both worked on Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us but not on Uncharted 3, so don't think that it can hit the same highs of UC2 and TLOU.

Leg-End

The Uncharted series is a very different tone and it totally should be an Indiana Jones, light-hearted, lovable characters type affair. I meant more in the sense of creating a video game that hits the standards that TLOU set, not particularly in terms of emotion but in terms of "feck me, this game is brilliant".

Ivor Ballokov

I think that some people are sceptical about the lack of Druckman and Straley working on this, both worked on Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us but not on Uncharted 3, so don't think that it can hit the same highs of UC2 and TLOU.
Do we know what they are working on?

WeasteDevil

No, TLOU only released this year so whatever it is, TLOU2 or something completely new will only be in very early pre-production and will not see a release until at least Christmas 2015. Uncharted 4 will by now be in full production (80% of Naughty Dog will be on it).

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I don't think there should be a TLOU2. The ending was perfect. Story closed.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I don't think there should be a TLOU2. The ending was perfect. Story closed.
I think they said that if there's a sequel, it won't involve Ellie and Joel. For them, that storyline is ended so they wouldn't go back there. I agree with you, the ending of that game was brilliant and I'm glad Naughty Dog apparently feels the same way.

Cina

I wouldn't mind a game in the same world, but it'd definitely need to be with entirely new characters. I'd be disappointed if they did a prequel or something along those lines.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I wouldn't mind a game in the same world, but it'd definitely need to be with entirely new characters. I'd be disappointed if they did a prequel or something along those lines.
Are you talking about TLOU or Uncharted? If TLOU, I don't think they'd do a prequel, though it'd probably be doable if centered around Joel. But given what they said, I doubt it. Maybe something about the Fireflies?

Not sure why some didnt enjoy part 3. For me it was every bit as good as 2.
I dunno, I enjoyed part 3 but it wasn't quite up there in terms of enjoyment as part 2 which was simply the most fun I've had on a video game. Also, I remember that in Uncharted 2, every passage just seemed to top the previous one effortlessly, I kept thinking "wow this is fecking brilliant". In 3, I sometimes felt they were trying too hard, conscious of the brilliance of the previous one and trying to overdo it. It was still excellent and better than most games, but I just think people enjoyed it less than the second one.

Cina

Are you talking about TLOU or Uncharted? If TLOU, I don't think they'd do a prequel, though it'd probably be doable if centered around Joel. But given what they said, I doubt it. Maybe something about the Fireflies?
TLOU. Uncharted can basically go on forever.

Whatever they do, I hope it's not to do with Joel and Ellie.

Leg-End

Naughty Dog have been brilliant the past generation, they developed 4 top notch games.
What's more exciting is they haven't rested on their laurels, they have added even more strength to their team. Poaching Corrinne Yu from 343 is only going to help them produce even more going forward.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
So excited to learn more about this game, perhaps the only game on PS4 I'm looking forward to at all. I just cannot wait to see what they can do on next-gen considering what they could do on the PS3. I can't even imagine how they could improve upon it.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
He looks like a knob.. in a good way. If that makes sense.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Judging by the trailer it's set a few years after the third game, which makes sense that they aged Drake. Saying that Sully will probably be using a zimmer frame, what will be interesting is if they tie it into TLOU universe. They had the easter egg in third game and perhaps Drakes final adventure sees him become infected and that is the start of TLOU.

Last edited:

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Looks like he's had a big thump on the nose and aged 15 years. Wish we got to see some more of that wonderful scenery Uncharted is famous for.