Gaming Uncharted 4

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ridiculous game, it pretends to give you the option of stealth vs all out guns blazing but it forces you to stealth for the first half of a fight, then go all guns blazing, you ALWAYS get caught stealthing, and it ends in a fire fight, try to fire fight from the start and you're instantly surrounded.

Also, what the feck with the guys with grenades. Pin point accuracy every time, and they somehow manage to stick them to cliff faces. cnuts.

Red_Aaron

the laser guided grenades are ridiculous, often ledges are the only safe spots anywhere in the level and yet an enemy can land a spherical grenade onto a 3in wide ledge from 100ft away :houllier:

i've had to take a break for a couple of days on the ship graveyard, despite 100s of attempts it still feels like i'm relying on luck more than anything, sometimes the enemies are more passive allowing you to get into the flow, other times they swarm in seconds and you're dead before it's even begun.

i'll get it eventually. i hope

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ending...
Not sure what I expected, ended pretty much the way everyone would agree was a good ending for Drake/Elena/Sully. I am sure I had heard people say it was a sad ending :/ Not sad at all. I think I'd have preferred everything not to fall into place so neatly. Still a decent enough ending I suppose.

Also leaves it open for more from the series if they ever want to, either with his brother, or his daughter (the most likely).

Brilliant game, really enjoyed the story and the scenery, downfall was some of the gameplay (enemies everywhere, precise grenades and a few other niggles)

Would easily be a 9/10 for me.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I'm actually now at the point beating it on the hardest difficulty doesn't seem that big of an achievement.

I'm now getting more into stories and just enjoying an easy play through. Hard play throughs end up getting me pissed off and end up finding the game a chore. I'm considering doing the witcher on just the story mode basically.

I think tomb raider was perfect on normal difficulty.
I agree with this - the theory that games need to provide a strict challenge is off the mark in my opinion!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ending...
Not sure what I expected, ended pretty much the way everyone would agree was a good ending for Drake/Elena/Sully. I am sure I had heard people say it was a sad ending :/ Not sad at all. I think I'd have preferred everything not to fall into place so neatly. Still a decent enough ending I suppose.

Also leaves it open for more from the series if they ever want to, either with his brother, or his daughter (the most likely).

Brilliant game, really enjoyed the story and the scenery, downfall was some of the gameplay (enemies everywhere, precise grenades and a few other niggles)

Would easily be a 9/10 for me.
It's a Hollywood blockbuster game, it should have a Hollywood blockbuster "Happily ever after" ending. I'm tired of grey, miserable endings in games anyway.

The daughter would be an interesting way to go for future games. Maybe Drake becomes the Sully character. Might be a bit Tomb Raider-y though.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's a Hollywood blockbuster game, it should have a Hollywood blockbuster "Happily ever after" ending. I'm tired of grey, miserable endings in games anyway.

The daughter would be an interesting way to go for future games. Maybe Drake becomes the Sully character. Might be a bit Tomb Raider-y though.
But with this apparently being the "Final" game it could have used a dark ending, or something just not right, something that doesn't leave it open.
I'd have been quite happy it ending as near the end his brother left, instead of that, if they all just gave up on the treasure hunting and realising that family is more important. Drake realising the real treasure is Elena/family or some shit. Still a happy blockbuster ending I suppose, but it sort of wraps up "no more treasure hunts" and leaves the series ended.

In fact, even let his brother die... same thing, realises it's only treasure and peoples lives are at risk blah blah blah.

It was just too perfect really, unexpected though as I expected a sad ending from what I'd heard :lol:

I agree the daughter thing would be very tomb raider like. I do expect them to be done with the series anyway, just open for revival further down the line.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I agree with this - the theory that games need to provide a strict challenge is off the mark in my opinion!
Yeah, when they're too challenging it's just no fun what so ever, I hate games which make things "die to learn" ... in a good game you should never have to die to learn how to get around something.

gormless

At the trainyard on Uncharted 2. So much better than the first. Really enjoying playing it, whereas the first felt like a slog at times. Constantly changing location really makes the game feel more fun

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
At the trainyard on Uncharted 2. So much better than the first. Really enjoying playing it, whereas the first felt like a slog at times. Constantly changing location really makes the game feel more fun
Definitely going to make some time to play through them all this year. I was going to do it before doing number 4, but I fancied something new.

Moiraine

Game of the year ?

I feel really sad to think there isn't going to be another Nathan Drake.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anyone seen the The Lost Legacy DLC? Looks good.

Moiraine

I think story wise, Uncharted 2 was the best. Everything about it was just so perfect. Uncharted 4 is very very close though, there is something about it that it becomes emotional, probably because it is the series finale (involving Nathan Drake).

The ending of Uncharted 4 alongwith the ending of Breaking Bad were the two most perfect endings I could have dreamed of.

Deleted member 101472

Finished 4 not too long ago and there was just too much climbing. 2 was the best for me. Wish they could put the same gameplay mechanics into a free roaming GTA type game

Ainu

I replayed all 4 in row just earlier this month. There's no doubt in my mind Uncharted 4 is the best of the bunch. Uncharted 2 is brilliant but the final act with those superhuman guardians is a bit rubbish and its boss fight is complete garbage. It drags the game down a bit. Uncharted 4 avoids all that and gave us the perfect epilogue. I also enjoyed the reduced gunfights, more open environments and variety in pacing. Uncharted 3 is just a complete mess from start to finish. It's basically one over-the-top set-piece after another. Extremely cool in isolation but it makes for a very incoherent game. Terrible villains as well. I enjoyed it even less than the original.

Uncharted 4 > Uncharted 2 >>>>> Uncharted 1 >> Uncharted 3

Something like that.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
4 is fantastic, but it didn't replicate the "whoa" factor I got when I played 2 for the first time, which is hardly surprising seeing as every action adventure game since then has basically copied it.

So yeah, I think 2 was the best.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Uncharted series is brilliant, Uncharted 2 was my favourite but 4 edges it out for me as the best in the series. Loved the ending and it was more than just big fights/explosions/battles - there was a human element to it which made me care about about the characters more than the previous Uncharted games. Never played Uncharted 1, thought 3 was quite poor after the excellence of Uncharted 2.

Still think The Last of Us is the best Naughty Dog game though.

Shark

@NotShark
I still can't get over how visually impressive Uncharted 4 is. It puts most PS4 titles to absolute shame.

Peanut Butter

Finally got round to finishing this after owning it for a year.

What a slog. It was too long, repetitive and, well, boring.

It looks amazing on PS4 Pro and the characters are still top notch but my god, this along with the Halo series are the most overrated video games of all time.

Thank god there won't be anymore Umcharted games.

AXVnee7

It looks amazing on PS4 Pro and the characters are still top notch but my god, this along with the Halo series are the most overrated video games of all time.

There's one coming out in a few months. Granted it's not a main title.

Peanut Butter

"Uncharted - The Lost Legacy". It's not a full game per se. It's a standalone DLC expansion starring Chloe (U2) and Nadine from U4.

It's being released on disc too though.
Thanks - that's actually a good idea. I won't go near it though - I am done with Uncharted now, completely blown out.

Bojan11

Funny.

Weren't you having a go at me for saying the exact same thing?

Ainu

Why is it overrated? Because you don't like it?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Hmmm... maybe give Uncharted a try, it's better.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Got Lost Legacy arriving tomorrow, and coincidentally got 4 days off work, and my girlfriend packed off down to London. Gonna be a good few days
That's out this week? Looks like I've put holidays in at work at the right time, only expect it to be a few hours to complete mind.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Got Lost Legacy arriving tomorrow, and coincidentally got 4 days off work, and my girlfriend packed off down to London. Gonna be a good few days
Completable in 5-6 hours so take your time where possible.