Gaming Uncharted 4

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Really ? I was planning to buy it but if it's that short I'll probably postpone it for now.
I watched the Whatculture gaming verdict on it and the lad that played it said it took 6 hours. Kinda standard for a single player game nowadays though. It's got great reviews, it's just short.

UC4 dragged on a bit for me though even though I really enjoyed most of it. I think I'll wait for this one to drop below £20 before getting it, or trade UC4 in for it seen as I only keep UC4 for the multiplayer and it's included on LL.

el3mel

I watched the Whatculture gaming verdict on it and the lad that played it said it took 6 hours. Kinda standard for a single player game nowadays though. It's got great reviews, it's just short.

UC4 dragged on a bit for me though even though I really enjoyed most of it. I think I'll wait for this one to drop below £20 before getting it, or trade UC4 in for it seen as I only keep UC4 for the multiplayer and it's included on LL.
I don't think UC4 dragged too much. I finished it in 15 hours and I think that's the best length for this game, not too long to get bored of it and at the same time not too short to feel that you're not satisfied with this period.

6 hours is nearly half the length of UC4. I'll probably postpone it for now till it becomes somewhat cheaper.

The Bloody-Nine

It's standalone DLC that is already priced accordingly. About £25 or so.

Again, the review I read said it took around 9 hours to finish.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I don't think UC4 dragged too much. I finished it in 15 hours and I think that's the best length for this game, not too long to get bored of it and at the same time not too short to feel that you're not satisfied with this period.

6 hours is nearly half the length of UC4. I'll probably postpone it for now till it becomes somewhat cheaper.
I was getting bored by the end of 4 and wanted it to finish. Was getting a bit same old same old, brilliant game in parts though. Just think it went downhill after Madagascar.

I don't have the patience I once had though so it's probably my own problem. I've got some nailed on classics in my backlog and I can't even get into them, Dark souls 3 and Witcher 3 have about an hour played each, and I've had them over six months so UC4 did well for me to see it through to the end.

el3mel

I was getting bored by the end of 4 and wanted it to finish. Was getting a bit same old same old, brilliant game in parts though. Just think it went downhill after Madagascar.

I don't have the patience I once had though so it's probably my own problem. I've got some nailed on classics in my backlog and I can't even get into them, Dark souls 3 and Witcher 3 have about an hour played each, and I've had them over six months so UC4 did well for me to see it through to the end.
Yep you seem to lack patience. :D I didn't get much into Souls game but I spent about a month on Witcher 3 to just finish all main and side quests and I felt really sad when it finished even after all this period, one of the best games I played in my life.

I think Uncharted 4 got enough length for an action-adventure linear game. I think anything less than 15 hours for this game wouldn't justify its price or it being an AAA title. Linear games with no open world should have a period a 15-20 hours length at best imo.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Yep you seem to lack patience. :D I didn't get much into Souls game but I spent about a month on Witcher 3 to just finish all main and side quests and I felt really sad when it finished even after all this period, one of the best games I played in my life.

I think Uncharted 4 got enough length for an action-adventure linear game. I think anything less than 15 hours for this game wouldn't justify its price or it being an AAA title. Linear games with no open world should have a period a 15-20 hours length at best imo.
I think my patience has dwindled as games have got cheaper. Used to be a case of I'd buy one game a month and play it through. Now you can buy a AAA title for £4, and get one or two per month on PS Plus as well. I've ended up with so many games I don't know where to even begin and just end up playing PES or Stardew valley to avoid forgetting where I am.

I don't learn either, bought the Tomb raider definitive edition yesterday on sale for £6. I'll probably never get round to playing it :D and even today I was pondering over getting Wolfenstein while it's £3.99. I've become more of a collector than a gamer.

I really need to get into Witcher 3 though, so many people have said it's their game of a generation or even best game ever played. I reached the Baron and haven't touched it since. I got bored running round the castle looking for clues.

el3mel

I think my patience has dwindled as games have got cheaper. Used to be a case of I'd buy one game a month and play it through. Now you can buy a AAA title for £4, and get one or two per month on PS Plus as well. I've ended up with so many games I don't know where to even begin and just end up playing PES or Stardew valley to avoid forgetting where I am.

I don't learn either, bought the Tomb raider definitive edition yesterday on sale for £6. I'll probably never get round to playing it :D and even today I was pondering over getting Wolfenstein while it's £3.99. I've become more of a collector than a gamer.

I really need to get into Witcher 3 though, so many people have said it's their game of a generation or even best game ever played. I reached the Baron and haven't touched it since. I got bored running round the castle looking for clues.
Tomb Raider was a great game, and for £6 it's a pure bargain. If you start it you won't get disappointed.

I had hard times at my start of Witcher 3 because I couldn't understand mixing combat with using signs, potions and oils and the strange skill tree system but once I spent some time understanding it I never could put it down and spent long time doing all quests, main and side, I found in my way. It's a really massive RPG with excellent story either in the main quests and even side quests that each one got their own small story that affects the whole world after all. It's a paradise to anyone who loves RPG games. I hope you give it a try.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Picked this up for £14 and loving it. Forgot how much I enjoyed Naughty Dog games and the attention to detail is brilliant as ever.

The Crash Bandicoot part was a nice touch :lol:

Deleted member 101472

Picked this up for £14 and loving it. Forgot how much I enjoyed Naughty Dog games and the attention to detail is brilliant as ever.

The Crash Bandicoot part was a nice touch :lol:
At no point in the game did he play crash bandicoot.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I love how challenging the shootouts are as well. The way the enemy tries to flank you and draw you out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The attention to detail is amazing. Shining the torch in Sam's face causes him to squint :lol:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
On the 12th chapter of this after owning it for 2 years and barely touching my console. Visually absolutely brilliant, fun gameplay though a tad repetitive at times.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Cant believe I just didnt get into this game at all. Was fanatical almost about the first 3. I need to do a 1-4 on the remastered one.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Lost Legacy is better than UC4 for me.

UC2>LL>UC3>UC4
Playing UC3 right now and it feels that the sequences are very short compared to UC2 and even UC1.

Remember doing the upriver boat mission in UC1 and it took me sometime to clear that but UC3 missions get over pretty fast.

Also, is UC4 that bad?

Interval

Level
Playing UC3 right now and it feels that the sequences are very short compared to UC2 and even UC1.

Remember doing the upriver boat mission in UC1 and it took me sometime to clear that but UC3 missions get over pretty fast.

Also, is UC4 that bad?
UC4 isn't bad as much as a tad annoying because I couldn't get invested IN Sam as a character. Chloe on the other hand is fab!

UC3 missions have more puzzle elements that I enjoyed a lot more.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
UC3 is the worst because it's very samey. Go here, big firefight, go somewhere else, big firefight.

Just not enough variation in what you had to do.

It's still great though, all of them are.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
UC4 isn't bad as much as a tad annoying because I couldn't get invested IN Sam as a character. Chloe on the other hand is fab!

UC3 missions have more puzzle elements that I enjoyed a lot more.
Chloe is the one who is voiced by a Claudia Black, yeah?

Keep ‘em handy, i’ll pick both of them off you in the near future. Well at least after I finish UC3 and HZD :D

arthurka

I really liked this game. Not as good as 2 but another great game in the series

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One weird thing I've liked about this is when Nate is driving, the hand rotation of the wheel is realistic in relation to the car's trajectory.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Boring as feck. Sporadic gameplay punctuating a laborious and hokey story.

What happened to the shoot and run adventure fun. They were never great stories, they were serviceable sub-Indiana Jones hokum. They did the job but without the gameplay they wouldn't have been worth it. Maybe after the success of TLOU Naughty Dog mistook themselves for serious storytellers. I value my time too much to waste it on something so drab. I would rather be playing a well written interactive movie, or watching a real film instead of enduring this rubbish.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

What happened to the shoot and run adventure fun. They were never great stories, they were serviceable sub-Indiana Jones hokum. They did the job but without the gameplay they wouldn't have been worth it. Maybe after the success of TLOU Naughty Dog mistook themselves for serious storytellers. I value my time too much to waste it on something so drab. I would rather be playing a well written interactive movie, or watching a real film instead of enduring this rubbish.
Thought Uncharted 4 was fantastic myself.

Riz

I kind of agree with the gist of this. Objectively it’s an excellent game, but these type of games I don’t really enjoy that much and so I never finished The Last of Us. I’m just not one for lots of cut scenes and linear stories.

For example I started Unchartered 4 a few weeks ago after burning through my other games, since then Days Gone was available at a discount on the PS Store and now I’ve started that I doubt I’ll go back to U4.

evil_geko

5 years later.
Who cares, good games are good games, I always have game backlog stretching years, couldn't care less to play games on launch only to be "cool" and "included". Only RE Village was the recent game I bought at launch because I am a big RE fan, before that, I really can't remember last game I bought at launch.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

:lol:

I think I need to go back and play this, it still looks great.
Uncharted 4 was fantastic, except for the part towards the end where they went full hallmark family drama. Don't nobody care about progeny, just wanna jump over shit.

also some reviews at the time said the game was better because they removed the supernatural stuff and i agree with that

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I liked the family drama aspect because as a fan of the series that played all the games several times I actually really liked Nate and Elena. Plus, you never get real life shit like that in games. I enjoyed it anyway.