Under 21 Euros 2019

R'hllor

Love it, ref clearly not gonna giving them these nonsense fouls and both sides keep falling on every single touch.

Classical Mechanic

I can’t believe his technique and awareness, I’d take him as part of a pogba deal!
Hasnt he been poor for Madrid when he’s had chances though? Ascencio was tearing up this tournament 2 years ago but has struggled at the elite level. I think he scored a number of wonder goals in that tournament IIRC.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hasnt he been poor for Madrid when he’s had chances though? Ascencio was tearing up this tournament 2 years ago but has struggled at the elite level. I think he scored a number of wonder goals in that tournament IIRC.
Yeah, it’s knee-jerky off this performance from me. He’s meant to have been terribly inconsistent for Real. I’ve been seriously impressed today though.

Kaglish10

worth every penny
Yes.
He was good when he got a consistent run under Lopetuigi before he was sacked. The new coach went back to the popular midfield names. He's actually shown more than Kovacic at Madrid. Also, Ceballos was actually better than Asensio in the last u21 euro tournament.

I recall him tearing la Liga before his move to Madrid. He dominated Barca's midfield in one of Betis game.

Classical Mechanic

Yes.

He was good when he got a consistent runs under Lopetuigi before he was sacked. The new coach went back to the popular midfield names. He's actually shown more than Kovacic at Madrid.

I recall him tearing la Liga before his move to Madrid. He dominated Barca's midfield in one of Betis game.
Fair enough. Is he available?

He looks a lot more talented than DVB in fairness.

Kaglish10

Fair enough. Is he available?
He looks a lot more talented than DVB in fairness.
We could get him as part of the makeshift money for Pogba.

I want both players to be honest. Van de Beek is actually terrific whenever he gets to play in his best position, which is the central midfield. I saw him against Nice during Ajax champion league play off in the previous season and he was the best player on the pitch, shame about his teammates in that match because if they were on the same wavelength, Ajax would have qualified. He's very direct and has got better passing range than Ceballos while Ceballos is nimble with more finesse. Both would complement each other.

Last edited:

izec

Why do they want rid of him?
because he isnt any better than their other starting midfield players (Kroos, Modric, Casemiro)+ a new transfer (Pogba, Eriksen or whoever). 4 players + Isco and Valverde for squad depth as well. Zidane also doesnt fancy him. Plus they can get 30-40m for him, which might come in handy. They already sold/are selling Llorente to Atletico as well for the same reasons.

Kaglish10

Because he's not a galactico. Also the fact that Zidane preferred to stick with the big names that got him lot of trophies and didn't want to disrupt them. I learnt that he asked Madrid not to sign big names because he wasn't going to disrupt his lineups for any big names but rather young players that could fill the squad. I guess he's ready for the big names now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Because he's not a galactico. Also the fact that Zidane preferred to stick with the big names that got him lot of trophies and didn't want to disrupt them. I learnt that he asked Madrid not to sign big names because he wasn't going to disrupt his lineups for any big names but rather young players that could fill the squad. I guess he's ready for the big names now.
Zidane made what, 1 signing in his previous tenure and won the CL thrice? The team however was aging but because of how he signed and progressed players they now have a bunch of talented youngster and have the luxury of filling up spaces that they want with top tier players. The price was not winning the league for the past few seasons but the rebuilding process looks to me like a good one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he’s just part of the large group of players they’ve made available in order to fund their next signing. As @izec said. If they get better offers for other players though and make up the sales they need, they probably won’t sell him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane made what, 1 signing in his previous tenure and won the CL thrice? The team however was aging but because of how he signed and progressed players they now have a bunch of talented youngster and have the luxury of filling up spaces that they want with top tier players. The price was not winning the league for the past few seasons but the rebuilding process looks to me like a good one.
Zidane "signed" Varane in 2011. And that's it. He kept the team together and vetoed signings(de gea and kepa) but also didn't sign anybody. He wanted Pogba but we didn't sign him, otherwise he just okayed whoever Flo decided to sign.

Varane and Mendy are the only signings that can be called Zidane's. Hazard is 50/50(Zidane had been banging about him since 2011 but also he was very much a strategic signing that we would have made regardless of his opinion). Pogba would his if he finally bring him in

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How can people not want chiesa?! This game is a fecking hot bed of talent.
I find it amazing that there isn't a Sancho style clamour to sign Chiesa Tbf. He exudes class and is a player with great technical qualities.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Deserved lead for Austria. Really good gen for them. No idea what took VAR so long to give the goal though.

AngryCroat

Serbian team looks good (on the paper). How are they not dominating Austria is beyond me.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No idea how Austria haven't scored more.
Fun game. I mean, Serbia could've been ahead as well with the Jovic and Radonjic chances. I liked the aggressive attitude from both teams in the first half and the fact the ref let them play that way.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Bad injury but never a red card. Hope he recovers quickly.

Kalela

Supports
Arsenal
Did anyone else find it strange that the kid's leg was broken and they kept showing it on TV? Here in the U.S on ESPN at least. No reaction from the announcers either.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Think Danes can spring an upset against Germany as long as they don't concede early. They're possibly the best counter attacking side in the tournament. If Denmark take the lead against anyone then they'll be very hard to equalise against.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Not sure. Referee didn't view it as a foul. VAR did so in essence its a last man foul when Wolf is clean through (clear goalscoring opportunity). Wasn't a bad tackle though.
Maybe, but the second defender was right next to both before Wolf was fully down on the ground. Harsh both ways imo.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Probably lining up like this

---------------Nübel
Klostermann--Tah--Baumgartl--Henrichs
---------------Maier
Öztunali--Dahoud--Eggestein--Richter
-----------Waldschmidt

Last edited: