Television Unfunny comedians

Roane

I'm inclined to agree, why is this? I also happen to find a lot of them unfunny especially those hailing from the Anglosphere, there are plenty of women comedians here in Indonesia who I find funny, and I know loads of extremely funny women. I don't think it's a language or cultural thing as well since my proficiency in English is near-native (if not native) and I grew up in an English-speaking environment.

Carlin is a hero to me but I get where this comes from. You could even go as far to say that he wasn't a comedian but rather a social commentator who happened to deliver his nuggets of wisdom with great comedic timing.

I'm a big stand up comedy fan. Will give anyone a go, in terms of watching/listening. It is all about personal taste.

Never got the fuss about likes of Carlin and even hicks. They were decent enough but Carlin specifically became way too preachy. I want a laugh not a lecture.

Maybe it's inevitable for some comedians? I don't know but Dave Chappelle, a personal favourite, has been a little preachy in his last few outings. Definitely the recent one, closer.

flappyjay

Trevor Noah. Don't get me wrong, he does have good watchable content at times, but he doesn't make people laugh.
His first 3 specials in South Africa were gold but its been going down hill since he found international success.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Limmy. I found the ‘she turned the weans’ funny but that it.

Red00012

I don’t find comedians remotely funny . They stand on a stage trying to be funny but they aren’t . Audiences can be a gullible lot

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I don’t find comedians remotely funny . They stand on a stage trying to be funny but they aren’t . Audiences can be a gullible lot
I don’t think it works like that…

Deery

Dreary
Bill Bailey
Tim Minchin
Sarah Millican
Katherine Ryan

Most of them you know I think as shite but we’re compelled to laugh for some reason..

Suv666

Bill Burr.
Same jokes recycled again and again. If you've seen one of his shows you've seen them all.

Loon

:lol:
I see this Romesh bloke everywhere; almost full Tony Slattery (ask your kids). Is he funny?

lsd

The Oracle
I see this Romesh bloke everywhere; almost full Tony Slattery (ask your kids). Is he funny?

Was but his act has gotten old for me and hasn't really moved forward plus now he whoring himself doing dumb shows with Andrew Flintoff and Rob Beckett

lsd

The Oracle
I have the winner after being made to sit through some of his stand ups which are just amazingly awful.

I present Chris Ramsey

lsd

The Oracle
Can I present a hot take that I think it's weird to watch standup comedians on TV. Comedy works much better when you're in the audience and largely out to have a good time.

A good stand up will be funny wherever you watch it whether it's home alone, home with your mates or at the show itself.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Went to see Seann walsh last night, and didnt have high hopes. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, was an hour late starting because of a breakdown (car not mental) and playing to a theatre barely 1/3 full but gave it 100% and was really entertaining.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I feel like the ubiquitousness of panel shows has increased the disdain for comedians. 15-20+ years ago, they'd only appear in stand-up specials or their own sitcoms, which could be easily avoided, but now, if I want to watch Cats Does Countdown, QI, HIGNFY or any of the other several hundred options, I have no choice but to sit through their 'bits'.

Bertie Wooster

There's only a select few stand ups who I watch full length shows of theirs. But I find plenty of them funny enough in short doses - on panel shows, or when doing short stand up sets on shows.

Some of the ones I don't find funny, or more annoying than funny, include: Rosie Jones, Nish Kumar, Angela Barnes, Lee Evans, Judi Love, David O'Doherty, Susan Calman, Phill Jupitus, Kemah Bob...

lsd

The Oracle
I'm pretty sure Lee Evans retired years ago so find the hate towards him surprising.