United’s next manager

Enigma_87

You know who
Whoever comes he would definitely need to fix the mess left by Solskjaer. It's the worst state of the squad since I can remember.

mav_9me

He's good but I don't think he would be the right fit for us, plus I've seen enough negative /pragmatic football to last me a lifetime .
I can't believe people want allegri with this team/set of players. Now I'm no expert on Allegri but I don't think he is the coach we need.

I want somebody who can coach the players, get decent coordinated pressing and pass and movement. Who that is I am not sure as I don't know upcoming European coaches.

ExSalfordRed

Julian Nagelsmann looks like the next top drawer coach for me, has an attacking philosophy. All depends on the support he or any manager is going to get from the board....

Adnan

Talent Spotter
True, just not on the same scale.
I'm a staunch critic of the Glazer ownership and went them gone. But they did provide significant funds to the chosen managers post Fergie and gave the said managers ample opportunity to sign good players.

edgar allan

No-one in their right mind will take the job before Jan and the chance of some panic transfer dealings
Ole will have to stay to take his hammering until then.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Naglesmann would be the best hope from what I've seen of him, on the basis that we need a young manager with a clear vision of attacking football and how to implement it in the modern game. Someone we can at least hope is a generational talent of such quality as to drag us from this abyss.

As opposed to a manager who wants to play attacking football but doesn't know how to, a pragmatic results -first manager who is suspicious of attacking football, a long past his best manager with a sterile football philosophy or David Moyes. Less of all of that, please.

Though it doesn't really matter who we appoint if everything above him remains the same.

edgar allan

I'm a staunch critic of the Glazer ownership and went them gone. But they did provide significant funds to the chosen managers post Fergie and gave the said managers ample opportunity to sign good players.
Jose wasted a fortune for sure but not this year they haven't. This was a disaster waiting to happen.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Jose wasted a fortune for sure but not this year they haven't. This was a disaster waiting to happen.
Was this summer a case of Ole being happy with what he's got, due not being able to sign his first choice targets?

If that was the case, then he blundered massively by showing the door to Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling etc without having adequate replacements.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Julian Nagelsmann looks like the next top drawer coach for me, has an attacking philosophy. All depends on the support he or any manager is going to get from the board....
Therein lies the problem. The only board we need right now is the wooden variety to firmly whack me over the head and roll my carpeted body into the nearest river.

Changing Usain Bolt's trainers from clogs to running shoes only improves him if he isn't running head first into a minefield filled with radioactive spiders and doesn't have a 300lb sack of shit on his shoulders.

Sidious

Yea. For me he is the next big thing.
But he needs 2 or 3 more years to be ready for a real big club.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If we’re talking caretaker then Gus hiddink?

Perm I’d like to see a young progressive manager. I’ve never been totally sold on Poch

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we’re talking caretaker then Gus hiddink?

Perm I’d like to see a young progressive manager. I’ve never been totally sold on Poch
Hiddink would be a good choice as interim. He's currently coaching the Chinese u23 team.

RedMilo

I don't think Old should be sacked but if they do it, then Roy Keane for me. A strong personality that wont accept performances like the one we just witnessed. I mean they wouldn't dare play like that :lol::keano:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I don't think Old should be sacked but if they do it, then Roy Keane for me. A strong personality that wont accept performances like the one we just witnessed. I mean they wouldn't dare play like that :lol::keano:
That would 100% end up the same way as Shearer at Newcastle. Keane says some loud angry rants on TV that whips up the passionate old skool fans but he’s 10 years behind the current managerial climate at least.

AaronRedDevil

Honestly roy Keane is a hack of a manager. But the idea of him screaming at lingard and pogba:drool:. Reality check. Maybe assistant manager.

RedMilo

That would 100% end up the same way as Shearer at Newcastle. Keane says some loud angry rants on TV that whips up the passionate old skool fans but he’s 10 years behind the current managerial climate at least.
Yes it was a suggestion with comedy value to be fair but a part of me would love to see how he would handle our current crop:lol::lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Poch probably. If only to tick him off like we did the jose and a club legend routes.

AlwaysRed66

If we do start getting in a relegation scrap, the obvious option would the king of relegation fights 'Fat Sam'. Always said he wanted to manage a big club.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
If we do start getting in a relegation scrap, the obvious option would the king of relegation fights 'Fat Sam'. Always said he wanted to manage a big club.
Sadly we may need that, as interim. We have a major problem and could easily, on current form, end up in a battle for survival.
At what point does Woodward and the Glazers pull Ole? I’d say after Christmas but it could be a lot sooner.
There’s no way we’re making even the Europa league next year.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I know the idea of Keane as manager seems like the nuclear option, but I actually he'd suit being at an elite-level club. Problem is though United's current team/squad isn't suited to an elite-level club.

Moiraine

Even Pep or Klopp can't fix this mess unless a proper structure is built. Ed needs to handover all footballing matters or else there is much steeper slope ahead.

Any attempt of changing manager without necessary changes up top would be foolish.

Canagel

Allegri, Tuchel, Luis Enrique, Blanc. Anyone of them will do.

Last edited:

Sir Scott McToMinay

And I don’t know who should make that appointment, but Sir Alex’s opinion should not be even considered.
He wanted Sven Goran in 2002, although Moyes wasn’t his first choice and the top ones weren’t available, there were still far better managers around, he still chose Moyes, and then Ole...

Seriously, he was the greatest club manager of all time, but his record with managerial suggestions/appointments is pretty dire, we have people on the caf with better evaluation of managers.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's only a few weeks since was all for Ole being given time. The bottom's fallen out pretty quickly. I can't at this moment in time see him turning it round. He talks of there being tough times on the road but I can't see the road. No indication of us trying to implement any pattern of play. So feck it. It's hard to put my 10 year old son through this. Hiddink a good shout for the interim, feck knows beyond that. I'm at a loss.