United’s next manager

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I hope there’s truth to it.
Can’t think of a more fitting manager to continue the rebuild we have started in a similar path and hopefully make us compete in a couple of years.
He certainly fits the bill but again, I don't trust these rotten players at the club. They literally down tools for every other manager.

Hawks2008

Nagelsmann feels a bit unattainable. He has just started out at RB and they waited a year for him with their technical director taking over the managers job for the season. Don't think they'd want to let him go so soon, and i always felt that down the line he was destined for Bayern.

Wouldn't mind him though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I believe the process for the next Coach has begun with us making moves for Nagelsmann for next season.

Sir Scott McToMinay

He certainly fits the bill but again, I don't trust these rotten players at the club. They literally down tools for every other manager.
This isn’t the same squad of players Moyes or Van Gaal had to their disposal though.

Nicknamed 'Baby Mourinho'

Do.Not.Want
We’ll just name him ‘Baby Ferguson” and all will be grand.

nainaisson

I found it interesting that every time Man Utd's players perform poorly they lost trust in the manager, rather than the other way around. May be it is time to move on those extremely high paid non performing players?
Mourinho tried and failed. Woodward/the Glazers were always there to thwart his attempts to get rid of certain commercially valuable but underperforming players.

Strelok

My problem with people who have so definitive views is that you are cannot consider that you are not 100% right. For example, does decent football mean you are more likely to win games? If you win games, does that mean you decent football? The answer to both of these is no.
Liverpool win games playing in a non decent football way. But they are all buying into a clear plan. Press high, attack quickly. And they have been extremely lucky enough to only need 15 players for more than two seasons now. City win game by playing decent football but they also have 22 players that would make any other squad in the league. And they all fit the system / plan. Barcelona and Real have had a plan / system over the years. This year not so much, but there is still a plan. Its why i cant see SPurs / Arsenal winning things, they dont really have a plan. A short term idea probably, but not a plan.
Ole has a plan to pick players who want to fit the system, who want to be at United, and on the field, be defensively solid then attack quickly and when against a low block, be patient and creative. You would think that a target #9, a AM and a DM that come into the starting 11 and this team will look so much better.
Can't agree more except we'd need a solid RW as well.

In case we sack Ole we should find a better one but with similar plan and vision.

Mark Pawelek

Some managers don't like the DoF system - Pochettino is one of them.

So if you go down the DoF route you will be immediately narrowing down your list of possible options for a new manager.
Of course a manager wants absolute control. But what clubs will give them that level control? I doubt there are any. Managers, like everyone else, must adapt to the world as it is, not the world as they want it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Of course a manager wants absolute control. But what clubs will give them that level control? I doubt there are any. Managers, like everyone else, must adapt to the world as it is, not the world as they want it.
Exactly. Almost all big clubs have DoF now, people really believe DoF role is to feck up manager's work or they work against CEO. With or without DoF, manager can get the players they want. With DoF all they had to do is discuss with the DoF and come to agreement just like how Conte did at Inter to sign Lukaku.

If Poch don't want to work with DoF at all then his choice of clubs will be less than five fingers on 1 hand.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sack Ole doesn't mean we are going back again. His three signings (James, Maguire & Bissaka) should suit to our next manager. Unlike LVG transition to Mourinho, that's what I called going back again since some of LVG's players don't suit Mourinho for example Blind & Martial.

But if we are going to sack him then we need to find the right manager that suit our philosophy. We can't just hire some manager just because they have good CV, if that's the case then we will keep changing manager. Need a manager who can build the team, play attacking football, good to watch & develop young players. Those are the initial foundation to have the right manager for our philosophy. Pochettino is my no 1 choice atm. Allegri definitely will be too similar to Mourinho's case, top manager but not suit our philosophy.

Cloud7

Kajumba is good.

Julian Nagelsmann could be the man to follow under-fire Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Manchester United identify young German as future Old Trafford manager

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Man-United-track-Leipzig-boss-Nagelsmann.html
This would be welcome. A bit of forward thinking by our board for once. In fact, I have a hard time believing this story simply because it's such a sensible thing to do. If this article read that we were tracking Ancelloti to replace Ole, I would be more inclined to believe it. I do hope this is true though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sack Ole doesn't mean we are going back again. His three signings (James, Maguire & Bissaka) should suit to our next manager. Unlike LVG transition to Mourinho, that's what I called going back again since some of LVG's players don't suit Mourinho for example Blind & Martial.

But if we are going to sack him then we need to find the right manager that suit our philosophy. We can't just hire some manager just because they have good CV, if that's the case then we will keep changing manager. Need a manager who can build the team, play attacking football, good to watch & develop young players. Those are the initial foundation to have the right manager for our philosophy. Pochettino is my no 1 choice atm. Allegri definitely will be too similar to Mourinho's case, top manager but not suit our philosophy.
That's funny considering that Maguire was Mourinho no 1 target in defence and AWB is probably the most defensive oriented FB we ever had bar Darmian. On the other hand Allegri utilised Sandro and Cancelo as fbs and he rarely had games with just 1 shot on goal.

Ole talks of attacking football but there's nothing to suggest he's doing the walking

gajender

Wan Bissaka would be odd one out if we hire a manager who utilises fullbacks as attacking outlet that's why I believe we made a mistake in targeting such a limited footballer for such big transfer fee and that's where I started having doubt about Ole's so called attacking philosophy as well.

Mark Pawelek

Yeah, he bought all the players himself. He also mowed the pitch at Old Trafford and cleaned the toilets. That's what a manager does, obviously.
So United decided to buy Matic because they thought Mourinho looked homesick and needed a useless ex-Chelsea player to make him feel at home? When he arrived - out of the blue - Mourinho was furious they had't bought a better player for £40m spent.

ILC

While pressure is building on current boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer now, Sportsmail understands United currently have Nagelsmann down as one to watch for further down the line.
That means few years from now. He won't come anytime soon. If he's good at Leipzig Bayern will take him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's funny considering that Maguire was Mourinho no 1 target in defence and AWB is probably the most defensive oriented FB we ever had bar Darmian. On the other hand Allegri utilised Sandro and Cancelo as fbs and he rarely had games with just 1 shot on goal.

Ole talks of attacking football but there's nothing to suggest he's doing the walking
Im taking this as your point trying to say that Mou & Allegri will suit us more than Poch?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wan Bissaka would be odd one out if we hire a manager who utilises fullbacks as attacking outlet that's why I believe we made a mistake in targeting such a limited footballer for such big transfer fee and that's where I started having doubt about Ole's so called attacking philosophy as well.
Spurs actually was targeting Bissaka. Bissaka is limit with his final third product but the fact that Poch wanted him in Spurs means he saw something in him and thinking about developing him. Or he might want to have one attacking full back on one side & one defensive full back on the other side.

devilish

Im taking this as your point trying to say that Mou & Allegri will suit us more than Poch?
I am suggesting that Ole is no different to Mou in terms of defensive football. However Mou had an idea about tactics something ole lack

I cannot see Pochs signing for us. It would be a step down for him. I think that Allegri has more experience in leading yop sides with limited budgets having worked with Milan and Juve. I also believe that we lack the talent and the financial will to play attacking football as well

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nagelsmann is too smart to want to join us under Woodward. I think a lot of top coaches will think twice now even if we offer them big money.

Look at what the job has done to Moyes, LVG n Jose. Ole won't get a big job ever again either. Probably right though as he didn't really deserve one to begin with.

Until there is real change with the structure then I feel we might be shopping in the bargain aisles for managers now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
"They" aren't the same players. We've signed a bazillion players since Moyes. Anyhoo, every manager will have chance to add his own players.

devilish

My only concern is that Nagelsmann will change our tactics in a radical way Again. He doesn't believe in flank men for example

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I am suggesting that Ole is no different to Mou in terms of defensive football. However Mou had an idea about tactics something ole lack

I cannot see Pochs signing for us. It would be a step down for him.
I didn't talk about Ole is different to Mou or something. Why are you even suggesting such a thing?

Step down for Poch? I'm in shocked with such a claim.

First of all, United itself is a bigger club. Any top manager would love to manage United & be successor of Sir Alex Ferguson. Poch admires the man himself.

Second,
We have more money means in United he will get more back from our board than with Levy. Although our scout is an issue here.

Third,
United is filled with a lot of young players while Spurs has ageing defense & prime age attackers who need to be utilised before they are getting too old. Good attackers quality mean nothing with average midfield & ageing defense. And what I meant is; they also need to rebuild their squad in defense & midfield and if they don't do it asap then they will lose the opportunity to get the best out of their attackers in their prime age such as Kane, Son & Eriksen.

laughtersassassin

They haven't downed tools for Ole mate. They are just crap.

Sure we should be doing much better but they haven't downed tools.

devilish

I didn't talk about Ole is different to Mou or something. Why are you even suggesting such a thing?

Step down for Poch? I'm in shocked with such a claim.

First of all, United itself is a bigger club. Any top manager would love to manage United & be successor of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Second,
We have more money means in United he will get more back from our board than with Levy. Although our scout is an issue here.

Third,
United is filled with a lot of young players while Spurs has ageing defense & prime age attackers who need to be utilised before they are getting too old. Good attackers quality mean nothing with average midfield & ageing defense. In short sentence, they also need to rebuild their squad in defense & midfield and if they don't do it asap then they will lose the opportunity to get the best out of their attackers in their prime age such as Kane, Son & Eriksen.
Managers are hired for the Now and they plan to stay 3-4 years. They cannot care less what Sir matt and Sir Alex did. All they see is a club who is 12th place and despite being in a massive transition period they were only able to bring 3 players this summer. Why move to united rather then go for real?

Hughie77

Tuchel, Poch, out of those 2, but, Woodward has to leave the Football side of the club to someonelse , or I don't think we will get any top Manager in.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Managers are hired for the Now and they plan to stay 3-4 years. They cannot care less what Sir matt and Sir Alex did. All they see is a club who is 12th place and despite being in a massive transition period they were only able to bring 3 players this summer. Why move to united rather then go for real?
Sure Real would be better choice. But you never mention about Real previously, why out of nowhere you are bringing up Real? Real is still under the management with Zidane, there is nothing to suggest that Zidane would be fired and they are currently top of the La Liga.

Thus why the choice will be United or Spurs. Moving to United from Spurs is not a step down which I have given you three explanation why.

devilish

Sure Real would be better choice. But you never mention about Real previously, why out of nowhere you are bringing up Real? Real is still under the management with Zidane, there is nothing to suggest that Zidane would be fired and they are currently top of the La Liga.

Thus why the choice will be United or Spurs. Moving to United from Spurs is not a step down which I have given you three explanation why.
We are a step down to spurs and had been so for quite some time. They have a better side and they can offer CL football. We can't

Ola

Just curious why you don't have Allegri on that list?

Surely a bigger name, with proper big club and CL pedigree is a safer investment?
He could be a really good caretaker for this season but for a long term manager I think the names on my list is more interesting.

Revaulx

Southgate :lol:

feck off, just keep Ole.
Imagine it being Southgate
Well it’s looking like Ed believes that the “strategy” of going with young hard-working British players is the right one, and it’s only Ole’s execution of it that’s faulty. So it’s likely that Ole’s successor will be someone who’s happy with that strategy. Who else but Southgate?

At least with England he seems capable of giving the players instructions that they are capable of following. I don’t think Ole can do that.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We are being run by non-footballing people, no department at Manchester united has a finger on the pulse of what’s current, so a new manager isn’t likely to be an innovative choice such as Nagelsmann.
The new manager would probably be a well known and predictable name, such as Rafa Benitez.

So be careful what you wish for, even Big Sam might likely be the next boss, and all the chatter about a clearly defined rebuild is binned.
We start all over again, right back to square one, with a new agenda.
Not signing young, up and coming stars, but rather tried and tested journeymen.

Woodward goes on an unrestricted spending spree, signing Bale for £90m, Ozil for £70m and bringing Sanchez back from loan, with new contracts for Matic & Young...!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We are a step down to spurs and had been so for quite some time. They have a better side and they can offer CL football. We can't
Your statement has zero sense here.

They have been in better side for quite some time, I agree with you on this and I won’t deny it but it has nothing to do with being called step down.

The credit of Tottenham’s achievement should be given to the manager for able to build his team & develop young player. It has nothing to with the club’s reputation or resource to support the manager. Leipzig has been the better side than Southampton, so why Ralph thinks moving from a top bundes Liga team to a mid table EPL team will be considered step up?

Being the better side is not the case, our reputation & resource to support the manager is bigger than Tottenham, no it’s not step down. Poch might see that he can do more or achieve more at United given a bigger resource & reputation than he was at Tottenham. And I’m not going to repeat this myself but Tottenham is also need a rebuilding process with their ageing defense & average midfield. Just like us, they are nowhere near to win major trophy.