United’s next manager

dogwithabone

Its not that i am Ole in at all costs, but i dont want Poch now. I really dont
  • He hasnt won a thing his entire career. Nothing
  • He did not "build" that Tottenham team, Levy did. Poch has said so much himself, his role there was more of a coach than a manager
  • Considering the circumstances he was showered with praise for getting Spurs as a regular top 4 contender. Spurs has always been top a top 6 team so its not that a big leap
  • Hes never had a job like this one, the pressure is massive compared to Spurs
  • Taking over mid season is not ideal for a new manager. If he takes over now and ends up outside top 4, the pressure on him will be massive to deliver in August
  • Maybe he needs a holiday? Cant imagine hes in the best place right now considering he just got sacked

I knew this would happen though. Poch gets sacked and everyone on the caf loses their shit. Someone like Allegri i get because hes actually managed big clubs and has a big trophy cabinet, but Pochettino is another spin at the wheel and despite what people think he wont guarantee success just because he took Spurs up one notch

The ‘won nothing’ tag will inevitably hang over him but he’s had to compete with City at full force for his entire tenure and a resurgent Liverpool in the past couple of seasons. He’s done a pretty decent job in the circumstances. Don’t forget too his success at previous clubs in developing a very watchable brand and some astute signings.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No one is asking us to dominate big teams and get +60%, what is expected is being competitive with them and trading possession which is what should be expected from big clubs. Big games usually have shared possession of 45-55% or so, not consistently under 40% against almost everyone. If we are playing the under dog role, getting less than 38% possession and park the bus, OK, I'm not mad with that, decent defensive display, move on now, but nothing to be proud of and it is definitely not a sign for building any thing for the future to keep continously mentioning it left, right and center as some sort of a big thing. I don't get the huge thing in defending against big teams and getting a result from that? Literally most small teams in the league do that with us despite having no name managers. It's not a miracle. The achievement is actually being able to play a competitive style in big games.

Ironically all of this if it has been said 1-2 years ago from now no one would have disagreed but now it's being naive. It just shows how the narrative changes thanks to the present manager. People are more fine now with the under dog mentality than they were previously.

Defensive tactics aren't a big problem personally and I'm fine with it but they aren't a miracle and surely nothing to be very proud of.
How do you expect the team to be competitive with midfield who is incapable to dominate & control midfield? With a midfield clearly worse than Chelsea, Liverpool & City, how?

What's the point giving Ole the credit after the Liverpool game if you can't even understand why he went the approach that he did, it was just a big fat lie praise that you gave him.

Under Jose Mourinho we played parking the bus. Under Ole, we play more a counter press. You need to understand the difference here. If it was under Mourinho we would have park the bus and play defensive mode against Brighton as soon as they scored that 1 goal to made it 2-1. Under Ole, we went for another goal.

Last edited:

el3mel

How do you expect the team to be competitive with midfield who is incapable to dominate & control midfield. With a midfield clearly worse than Chelsea, Liverpool & City. How?

What's the point giving Ole the credit after the Liverpool game if you can't even understand why he went the approach that he did, it was just a big fat lie praise that you gave him.
What makes the midfield not being able to compete and share a possession of 45-55? Just because you think that doesn't mean it's an absolute fact. With a Matic-Herrera-Pogba we also got less than 38% last season when we defeated Chelsea and Arsenal in FA Cup, Spurs in the league and drew 0-0 to Liverpool at OT. Was that midfield not being able to compete too? It's Ole's style as simple as that. He has done it with all midfield combinations even during honeymoon period, not just the current season.

He got credit for holding down Liverpool attack and put on a decent defensive display. That's it. There's nothing else miraculous about this game to keep mentioning it all the time. We put on a good defensive set up and managed to contain Liverpool, OK, move on. Definitely won't be the type of football we will building on for the upcoming future if you ask me to take it as any sign or indication. And as United fans, we shouldn't be mentioning a draw at home with 32% against a big team as a big achievement. You know, you can credit the manager for certain things without acting like it's a miracle.

TRUERED89

Oh my! Mourinho appointed Spurs manager on deal until end of 2023 season! This is going to be drama :lol:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think he is a fantastic manager. I think people take what he has done at spurs for granted, considering the money they've spent. His players play for him and he manages to develop them well. The state of Spurs today is what it is due to Levy.

The best case would be that he takes 6 months off, we see out the season with Ole and make a non-sentimental decision about how to proceed.

It being unfair to Ole should have no bearing at all. If we don't see a clear strategy, with a clear style of play, and the ability to win games consistently, then we cannot pass Poch up. And if Ole does manage to turn it around, then we wouldn't need to change.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Guess you haven't been paying attention.

High pressing is applied in all PL teams nowadays.

Bournemouth, Leicester, Norwich, Burnley.. basically since it was first brought in the league by Klopp, everyone has been training to be able to press like them.

All teams are capable, but to sustain it with a large and quality squad over a long season is what separating Liverpool and City.
I think many teams try it. Only three have the technical sophistication to successfully apply it. I simply don't think the Liverpool squad is all that amazing. What sets them apart is the quality of their coaching.

A lot of managers, Ole included, think they are high pressing. But most of the time they're leaving huge gaps because their players aren't good enough, bright enough, or well coached enough to master the system.

mancave bear

It's honestly embarrassing to keep saying such a thing as an achievement. We are acting as if we are Stock City who managed to draw against one of the big boys. Full midtable club mentality that.

Won't even comment on that fantastic job part that.
You are missing the point of the discussion.

We are talking about Oles job with rebuilding our curent team, which is the bench mark for any manager we consider to hire.

And I dont think Poch would be able to do a better job than Ole at Manchester United, the way things are here.

Of topic 1: Yes, Poch has been a good coach.

Of topic 2: I dont think anyone is "proud" of taking points from Liverpool or Chelsea, in a historical context. But that is good results for our team right now. That doesent mean supporters are proud about that now ither.

el3mel

You are missing the point of the discussion.

We are talking about Oles job with rebuilding our curent team, which is the bench mark for any manager we consider to hire.

And I dont think Poch would be able to do a better job than Ole at Manchester United, the way things are here.

Of topic 1: Yes, Poch has been a good coach.

Of topic 2: I dont think anyone is "proud" of taking points from Liverpool or Chelsea, in a historical context. But that is good results for our team right now. That doesent mean supporters are proud about that now ither.
Why not?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What makes the midfield not being able to compete and share a possession of 45-55? Just because you think that doesn't mean it's an absolute fact. With a Matic-Herrera-Pogba we also got less than 38% last season when we defeated Chelsea and Arsenal in FA Cup, Spurs in the league and drew 0-0 to Liverpool at OT. Was that midfield not being able to compete too? It's Ole's style as simple as that. He has done it with all midfield combinations even during honeymoon period, not just the current season.

He got credit for holding down Liverpool attack and put on a decent defensive display. That's it. There's nothing else miraculous about this game to keep mentioning it all the time. We put on a good defensive set up and managed to contain Liverpool, OK, move on. Definitely won't be the type of football we will building on for the upcoming future if you ask me to take it as any sign or indication. And as United fans, we shouldn't be mentioning a draw at home with 32% against a big team as a big achievement. You know, you can credit the manager for certain things without acting like it's a miracle.
But you also ignoring that we had games where we had similar possession.

46% vs 54% is what we got at home against Chelsea this season when we beat them 4-0.

52% vs 48% is what we got at home against Chelsea 1-1 last season end of the season.

55% vs 45% is what we got at away against Arsenal 1-1 this season.

46% vs 54 is what we got at away against Arsenal 0-2 last season.

You fail to understand why Ole had to go such a approach sometimes. Your way of thinking is naive.

You even used 1-2 years ago as example which actually different. If we had to defend then we had to defend depends on the situation we are in. While under Jose, we could go defensive approach even against the lesser team. Under Jose Mourinho we played parking the bus. Under Ole, we play more a counter press. Against team who can dominate midfield, Ole decided to approach the game differently and playing our strength not our weakness.

You need to understand the difference here. If it was under Mourinho we would have park the bus and play defensive mode against Brighton as soon as they scored that 1 goal to made it 2-1. Under Ole, we went for another goal.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The ‘won nothing’ tag will inevitably hang over him but he’s had to compete with City at full force for his entire tenure and a resurgent Liverpool in the past couple of seasons. He’s done a pretty decent job in the circumstances. Don’t forget too his success at previous clubs in developing a very watchable brand and some astute signings.
That's not entirely true though is it? Leichester won the league in 15/16 when basically ever other big team was busy shitting themselves, that does not reflect well on him imo. When he took over at the end of 13/14 that Spurs team had the likes of Danny Rose, Verthongen, Walker, Soldado, Townsend, Sigurdson, Eriksen, Lloris and Kane was on the cusp of breaking through. Not only was that quite a good core to work with, most of them were quite young as well

If you look at spending only then its clear that Spurs have been punching above their weight under Poch, but as we have emphatically shown the last years, spending does no equal a good squad and small spending can build you a good squad if you know what you are doing. In either case, Levy has been the one doing the transfer business, not Poch

I think he is a fantastic manager. I think people take what he has done at spurs for granted, considering the money they've spent. His players play for him and he manages to develop them well. The state of Spurs today is what it is due to Levy.

The best case would be that he takes 6 months off, we see out the season with Ole and make a non-sentimental decision about how to proceed.

It being unfair to Ole should have no bearing at all. If we don't see a clear strategy, with a clear style of play, and the ability to win games consistently, then we cannot pass Poch up. And if Ole does manage to turn it around, then we wouldn't need to change.
Could not agree more. Changing managers mid season is stupid for so many reasons. Anyone thinking Poch will transform us simply by his magical coaching abilities needs a reality check. If he took over today we would probably limp on as we have, maybe we got slightly better, maybe we got slightly worse, but taking over a new squad, in a new club and transforming them mid season simply does not happen.

If Poch takes over now and does not instantly improve us, i can guarantee you that the knives will be out by the end of the season, and suddenly we would be out shopping for another one. If there are no signs of progress come May then by all means, get Poch and give him a shot, but getting him now would put him (Poch) in an incredibly difficult spot

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jeez a CL finalist got sacked because his team is just 2 points away from us. I guess some clubs still got high standards

el3mel

But you also ignoring that we had games where we had similar possession.

46% vs 54% is what we got at home against Chelsea this season when we beat them 4-0.

52% vs 48% is what we got at home against Chelsea 1-1 last season end of the season.

55% vs 45% is what we got at away against Arsenal 1-1 this season.

46% vs 54 is what we got at away against Arsenal 0-2 last season.

You fail to understand why Ole had to go such a approach sometimes. Your way of thinking is naive.

You even used 1-2 years ago as example which actually different. If we had to defend then we had to defend depends on the situation we are in. While under Jose, we could go defensive approach even against the lesser team. Under Jose Mourinho we played parking the bus. Under Ole, we play more a counter press. Against team who can dominate midfield, Ole decided to approach the game differently and playing our strength not our weakness.

You need to understand the difference here. If it was under Mourinho we would have park the bus and play defensive mode against Brighton as soon as they scored that 1 goal to made it 2-1. Under Ole, we went for another goal.
4 matches in almost year is pretty low percentage. The majority was with less than 40%, which is the problem. As far as I'm concerned the style of the manager is judged by how the majority his matches go on, not the minority.

Saying things like "counter press not park the bus" is just trying to give a better and less insulting name to Ole's defensive approach in big games. This has been the theme for his reign so far. Almost every narrative has been changed or renqmed to just make him doing a decent job. The squad has become shite and not capable of finishing top 6 even though few years ago people were angry we weren't challenging City for the title. Defensive football is now counter press instead of parking the bus. Crap football for the majority of the season is also down to the quality of the players present and Woodward while previously people were convinced we were good enough to play good attacking football and it was the manager who was holding these players back. Playing one youth for 5-10 minutes a game in the league is now called giving youth chances. Literally every narrative people had previously has changed within 1 year and only for one specific manager. Bring any manager and put him with the same decisions and tactics and we won't be having this discussion at all.

Nope, our football had been crap in most games this season and since the PSG last season not just in big games. We are very defensive in those big matches whatever its "parking the bus" or "counter pressing" and regardless of our injuries. What you are doing is just changing naming of our tactics. It's still defensive, and you know that. People are just warming to the idea, and decided to slaughter the quality of players for that instead. Anyway my problem isn't mainly parking the bust in big games (I just found it funny how narratives change for the sake of Ole and you didn't prove me wrong) but more about how we have been crap for the majority of other games. Brighton has been fun though. If we continue with that performance I might change my opinion re Ole, so I doubt it myself.

UpWithRivers

We could keep Ole and are fkd. We could sign Poch and get nowhere and on top of it Mourinho plays a blinder and turns Spurs into a a team that actually wins trophies. I just hope for once we make the right decision. Ive never been that convinced with Poch to be honest but for one thing he is better than Ole, surely everyone can see that. If you got the top clubs in the world and said do you want Poch or Ole you can guarantee 99 percent would say Poch. The 1 percent will be us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We could keep Ole and are fkd. We could sign Poch and get nowhere and on top of it Mourinho plays a blinder and turns Spurs into a a team that actually wins trophies. I just hope for once we make the right decision. Ive never been that convinced with Poch to be honest but for one thing he is better than Ole, surely everyone can see that. If you got the top clubs in the world and said do you want Poch or Ole you can guarantee 99 percent would say Poch. The 1 percent will be us.
We aren't one of the top clubs in the world anymore. We're surviving on name alone right now.
99% would have said Poch prior to his sacking and Spurs tumbling down the PL. I bet that % has really come down down with hindsight

Will Singh

The way Spurs handled there business is impressive, Poch out and a few hours later Mourinho in. We would be twiddling our thumbs for a few days at least.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
4 matches in almost year is pretty low percentage. The majority was with less than 40%, which is the problem. As far as I'm concerned the style of the manager is judged by how the majority his matches go on, not the minority.

Saying things like "counter press not park the bus" is just trying to give a better and less insulting name to Ole's defensive approach in big games. This has been the theme for his reign so far. Almost every narrative has been changed or renqmed to just make him doing a decent job. The squad has become shite and not capable of finishing top 6 even though few years ago people were angry we weren't challenging City for the title. Defensive football is now counter press instead of parking the bus. Crap football for the majority of the season is also down to the quality of the players present and Woodward while previously people were convinced we were good enough to play good attacking football and it was the manager who was holding these players back. Playing one youth for 5-10 minutes a game in the league is now called giving youth chances. Literally every narrative people had previously has changed within 1 year and only for one specific manager. Bring any manager and put him with the same decisions and tactics and we won't be having this discussion at all.

Nope, our football had been crap in most games this season and since the PSG last season not just in big games. We are very defensive in those big matches whatever its "parking the bus" or "counter pressing" and regardless of our injuries. What you are doing is just changing naming of our tactics. It's still defensive, and you know that. People are just warming to the idea, and decided to slaughter the quality of players for that instead. Anyway my problem isn't mainly parking the bust in big games (I just found it funny how narratives change for the sake of Ole and you didn't prove me wrong) but more about how we have been crap for the majority of other games. Brighton has been fun though. If we continue with that performance I might change my opinion re Ole, so I doubt it myself.
That's where you fail to see why we had to go in defensive approach.

What about find the logic & understand why the manager has to go play such a approach. At the end of the day not until we rebuild the midfield, there is no reason to jump into conclusion and questioning the defensive approach that the manager had to take. Even some of those games we had the lead. You are naive if you think the manager is right to tell the players, "we need to keep the tempo so you folks must keep the possession" because clearly it's not realistic because it's out of the current midfield's level & capability.

We are clearly going the opposite from what Mourinho did. From the way how we trying to build the team, the way how we want to develop & improve players, and also the way how we play. You clearly only watch our games against top opposition team if you can't see that now we are trying to win the ball back and launch counter attack which what football we are trying to play a counter press.

When I watched Mourinho, what he did is not pressing but sit back and hoping for miss pass from the opposition or goal kick or throw in. Under Mourinho, as soon as we got the ball back we don't counter but just pass the back sideways because there was never enough attackers to pass the ball forward to, how we scored in some of those big games under Mourinho wasn't even from counter but from long ball of goal kick & free kick. But under Ole, as soon as we won the ball back we went counter and make sure we have enough attackers to pass the ball forward so we can score.

I never said we don't sit back under Ole against certain team but the reason he did that because he knows the opposition has better quality and he can't approach those certain game the same way how he did against team with less quality than ours. It's naive to think that he needs to do the same approach against every opposition lesser or top team. It's not midtable way of thinking, our midfield is just not top level quality yet.

SirAF

Ageist
The way Spurs handled there business is impressive, Poch out and a few hours later Mourinho in. We would be twiddling our thumbs for a few days at least.
Yup. They had definitely made contact with Mourinho in advance and decided to move swiftly.

Roboc7

We aren't one of the top clubs in the world anymore. We're surviving on name alone right now.
99% would have said Poch prior to his sacking and Spurs tumbling down the PL. I bet that % has really come down down with hindsight
That percentage won’t have dropped in the slightest, any club would pick Poch over Ole it’s a no brainier.

Spurs have had an awful start to the season and Poch has reached end of his cycle there, for numerous reasons (still only 2 points behind us though).

Poch would be a huge upgrade on Ole but I expect Ole to do enough to keep job until end of season and Poch will have a new job by then. If there is another big downturn in form in the short term though it will put more pressure on Ole’s job.

TrustInOle

People expecting Ole to go now, just when performances are turning around, are living in their imagination. We finally see signs of growth and progression, but as soon as the caf's shiny toy is available then our improvements and building should be reset again. Patience really is a virtue, if we had this fan base 30 years ago, no way would we have kept such a great man like Sir Alex. No comparison with Ole other than the pre judgement and over critical analysis.

el3mel

That's where you fail to see why we had to go in defensive approach.

What about find the logic & understand why the manager has to go play such a approach. At the end of the day not until we rebuild the midfield, there is no reason to jump into conclusion and questioning the defensive approach that the manager had to take. Even some of those games we had the lead. You are naive if you think the manager is right to tell the players, "we need to keep the tempo so you folks must keep the possession" because clearly it's not realistic because it's out of the current midfield's level & capability.

We are clearly going the opposite from what Mourinho did. From the way how we trying to build the team, the way how we want to develop & improve players, and also the way how we play. You clearly only watch our games against top opposition team if you can't see that now we are trying to win the ball back and launch counter attack which what football we are trying to play a counter press.

When I watched Mourinho, what he did is not pressing but sit back and hoping for miss pass from the opposition or goal kick or throw in. Under Mourinho, as soon as we got the ball back we don't counter but just pass the back sideways because there was never enough attackers to pass the ball forward to, how we scored in some of those big games under Mourinho wasn't even from counter but from long ball of goal kick & free kick. But under Ole, as soon as we won the ball back we went counter and make sure we have enough attackers to pass the ball forward so we can score.

I never said we don't sit back under Ole against certain team but the reason he did that because he knows the opposition has better quality and he can't approach those certain game the same way how he did against team with less quality than ours. It's naive to think that he needs to do the same approach against every opposition lesser or top team. It's not midtable way of thinking, our midfield is just not top level quality yet.
So Matic, Herrera and Pogba were also not good enough to compete in possession the previous season under Ole? People were literally saying 1 year ago it was good enough and we shouldn't be setting back good any good opposition with it, or you thought last season Chelsea and Spurs had better midfield?

I'm finding this amusing.

el3mel

People expecting Ole to go now, just when performances are turning around, are living in their imagination. We finally see signs of growth and progression, but as soon as the caf's shiny toy is available then our improvements and building should be reset again. Patience really is a virtue, if we had this fan base 30 years ago, no way would we have kept such a great man like Sir Alex. No comparison with Ole other than the pre judgement and over critical analysis.
I'm not expecting him to go now. However I'm fully expecting it to end in tears when enter next season with Ole while the other top managers available are hired and we are done for a good amount of time.

TrustInOle

I
I'm not expecting him to go now. However I'm fully expecting it to end in tears when enter next season with Ole while the other top managers available are hired and we are done for a good amount of time.
I honestly don't see the doom and gloom with Ole though, he has shown he has to class, see almost every top side we have played against. Also, add a little more creativity (which we are severely lacking) in our final third and we will not be struggling to create against teams that sit back. Our front line is currently built for pace and combination play which often fails due to lack of creativity. We are on the right track and I wish people could focus more on the positives rather than negatives. But I guess that's the population as a whole these days, not just football.

RUCK4444

I

I honestly don't see the doom and gloom with Ole though, he has shown he has to class, see almost every top side we have played against. Also, add a little more creativity (which we are severely lacking) in our final third and we will not be struggling to create against teams that sit back. Our front line is currently built for pace and combination play which often fails due to lack of creativity. We are on the right track and I wish people could focus more on the positives rather than negatives. But I guess that's the population as a whole these days, not just football.
I agree mate. There are real positives there, some of which we have not seen under the previous managers since SAF.

People just want him gone regardless, then as soon as the next manager struggles it will be the same again.

Lack of patience blurs people’s perception.

Inigo Montoya

Jeez a CL finalist got sacked because his team is just 2 points away from us. I guess some clubs still got high standards
He wasn't fired for that. He has lost the players in the same way Jose lost them at Chelsea and Utd.

His time had finished at Spurs, he knew it and the hierarchy knew it

Inigo Montoya

I

I agree mate. There are real positives there, some of which we have not seen under the previous managers since SAF.

People just want him gone regardless, then as soon as the next manager struggles it will be the same again.

Lack of patience blurs people’s perception.
It's the Caf folks. One manager gets sacked but let's use it as a reason to bash Ole

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So Matic, Herrera and Pogba were also not good enough to compete in possession the previous season under Ole? People were literally saying 1 year ago it was good enough and we shouldn't be setting back good any good opposition with it, or you thought last season Chelsea and Spurs had better midfield?

I'm finding this amusing.
Matic good enough? You really overrated our midfield. Matic was terrible last season. People were literally posting a thread of Matic's replacement 1 year ago because he wasn't good enough. Yes Chelsea had & still have better midfield I always do think so, haven't change my mind regarding that. I'm finding this amusing how highly you rated our midfield last season.

Mainoldo

We (Ole) beat Tottenham (Poch) away 13. january, and at 25 july.
Okay so we beat them with the same players that knocked them out of the Fa Cup semi finals and finished above them in the league.

I was confused for a second you made it sound like Ole was managing Cardiff.

mancave bear

"Why not?" what?
Please be a bit more accurate.

And by the way, I don't get how you, claiming to have such high standards that you can not aprichiate some of the better results we are getting these days, could want to hire a manager who:
1. Have taken Tottenham down to 14th place and just got sacked.
2. Never have won anything as a coach or as a player.

That is what I call low standards. Where is the honor in that? : )

Mainoldo

There is a world class manager available now. If you think fans are going to sit back and watch Ole continue with his one step forward two steps back results you’re in for a big surprise.

30years ago we was 13 league titles less successful. So standards have changed. :)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
And how can people, claming to be

"Why not?" what?

And by the way, I don't get how you, claiming to have such high standards that you can not aprichiate some of the better results we are getting these days, could want to hire a manager who:

People keep saying about the league position but one win and it is turned on it's head again. Same for us. Apart from the top 4 the league is actually very tight.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Hopefully Ole doesn't fluke a few more wins and we appoint a proper manager.

el3mel

"Why not?" what?

Yes it's weird to want a manager who has been finishing regularly 2nd and 3rd the previous 4 seasons while reaching CL final 6 months ago with Spurs ahead of a manager who has done absolutely nothing on high level football for 10 years.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
So you'd rather we lose than progress.

Interesting
Is beating some poor teams under a coach that will ultimately fail and be sacked at the end of the season progress?

I'd rather we lose now, appoint Pochettino and actually start building a team.

If anything I'm asking for progress. Short term pain for long term gain.

Inigo Montoya

Is beating some poor teams under a coach that will ultimately fail and be sacked at the end of the season progress?

I'd rather we lose now, appoint Pochettino and actually start building a team.

If anything I'm asking for progress. Short term pain for long term gain.
Mate, we've had pain for 6 years. It's hardly been short term

Inigo Montoya

The obsession with Poch as Utd's saviour is unbelievable. Smacks of desperation:lol:

HowYouDoin

Its a no brainer. Ole isnt the guy to take us forward, we all know he is limited. Us getting Poch IMO is a matter of when, not if. Likely sooner than later not really contingent on anything cuz both parties want to make it happen so its only a matter of time.

Inigo Montoya

Exactly, what's a few more loses to get rid of this amateur coaching team?
And then it'll be another season or two before we see success under whoever comes in.

Then there'll be the usual bleating: " Give him time, give him the money, wait until he gets the players he wants...." Heard it before with all the others and it'll be the same with a new coach