United’s next manager

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If it did come down to getting a new man then I hope we make a move for either Nagelsmann or Rose from the Bundesliga. Nagelsmann in particular is hot property right now and would be quite a capture. He also fits in to the ethos of what Manchester United aspire to be as far as play style goes.

I personally hope we steer clear of the likes of Allegri who I feel will be another failure.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If it did come down to getting a new man then I hope we make a move for either Nagelsmann or Rose from the Bundesliga. Nagelsmann in particular is hot property right now and would be quite a capture. He also fits in to the ethos of what Manchester United aspire to be as far as play style goes.

I personally hope we steer clear of the likes of Allegri who I feel will be another failure.
Why would Nagelsmann come to us after 2 months of taking over RBL? They are the top of the league with a talented players at his disposal.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No ITK, but spoke to a Journo who may or may not know shit. (although he has interviewed every United manager since and including Sir Alex)

Recons the idea of Klopp wanting to join United may not be as far fetched as it seems.
:lol::lol:

Stretfordender

Pochettino shall be the next manager.
And the exact same process will happen again. 12 months in he’ll have failed and we’ll be asking the same question.

It doesn’t matter who we get in be it Pep, Klopp Pochettino anyone, until Ed Woodward and the Glazers go we’re just going round in circles and down the same paths. It goes without saying, the club is an absolute mess, rotten to the core and being led by personnel that don’t have a clue what football is all about.

Get used to this. LUHG - Parasites.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why would Nagelsmann come to us after 2 months of taking over RBL? They are the top of the league with a talented players at his disposal.
Nagelsmann won't come to us half way through the season. But come the end of the season he might be tempted to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. He will have a perfect opportunity to build his own team in his own image, rather than join a club that is already winning and has many big name players already at the club. Nagelsmann at 32 would suit the United job and might even see it as being a better path at his age than joining a club that is already star studded.

Marco Rose is another coach from Germany who could be a potentially very good capture.

Fooza

Hate that we find ourselves in this predicament where we have to discuss the next manager,again. But it seems inevitable..no way Ole going to get anywhere near top 4 with this team.

Irwin99

This whole season felt like a ridiculous gamble as soon as the transfer window closed and I think everyone at the club just tried to envisage the best possible outcome without even considering the consequences of not replacing players. Just let Ole have it to the end of the season and assess from there.

Onerealunited

Pochettino as our next coach if not keep Ole. I don’t see the reason to get rid of ole if we don’t have anyone good ready. Also I didn’t think ole has any fault in the scores, we just don’t have the right players at the moment

Zoo

With the current state of the squad and no DoF I don’t see why a big name manager like Allegri or Pochettino would be interested, it’s too much to risk for them. I don’t know where we go.

C'est Moi Cantona

With the current state of the squad and no DoF I don’t see why a big name manager like Allegri or Pochettino would be interested, it’s too much to risk for them. I don’t know where we go.
Exactly, our decline has been allowed to go on for too long now, and all the time our reputation is slowly eroding.

Big names will turn us down now, where they would have walked over broken glass to be here only a few years ago.

Ole might as well stay until there is genuine change at the club, or hopefully take as many as he can with him when he has to go.

el3mel

If Madrid don't get Poch he'll be our manager next season. He's leaving Spurs 100% after this season. His relationship with Spurs is deteriorating and the results haven't been good this season. Whether he'll succeed here or not, is another question.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be fair to him, his best defender is still not available. Point being, he is already showing some progress (good or bad in the long run is yet to be seen) while we have regressed since new year.
I dont think we've regressed from last season. We've seen a massive improvement in our defending, while attacking wise we have no depth so of course we're going to be inconsistent.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I think could well be Poch if Spurs continue their malaise. I think it's unlikely he will be a failure. Could be a good appointment, but there is something really stagnant about the club at the minute, probably Woodward and no DOF. Something needs to change or it's gonna go seriously tits up.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
If Madrid don't get Poch he'll be our manager next season. He's leaving Spurs 100% after this season. His relationship with Spurs is deteriorating and the results haven't been good this season. Whether he'll succeed here or not, is another question.
I'm all aboard the Poch train now. While I credit Ole with identifying good transfers, he's not got through to the squad as a whole to put forth 100%. We have too many shitheads on our team going through the motions. I hope Poch at least has a killer mentality and will trash any player who half asses it.

Utd7

Fair to say Madrid will have either Poch or Mourinho again.

AneRu

I think could well be Poch if Spurs continue their malaise. I think it's unlikely he will be a failure. Could be a good appointment, but there is something really stagnant about the club at the minute, probably Woodward and no DOF. Something needs to change or it's gonna go seriously tits up.
I like Poch but he has had a woeful six months despite making the CL final, is it just a blip or it's the beginning of a decline. He hasn't won anything in spite of having a 20 goal a season striker, one of the top playmakers and a relatively settled defense. I am starting to have my doubts about him.

I think after Ole we shouldn't cut corners and we should do away with the United way sentimentalism. Fire the receptionist if we have and start modernizing the club from top to bottom. The first step should be to bring a DOF with the mandate to create a modern attacking team within the Glazer financial parameters (we are never going to spend £500m per season under the Glazers). Get him to identify a young, tactically astute manager that plays football on the front foot. Then sign four or five players to make the team competitive and blend that with youth and the players that Ole has brought in.

The DOF himself must be someone who is more inclined to youth because he will be working under the Glazer budgetary control. This means we need a man that is able to identify and bring in players like Maddison before they become £100m players or see diamonds in other leagues like what Pool did with Salah. The idea that players who can improve us are the ones who cost north of £50m isn't helping at all.

Florida Man

I like Poch but he has had a woeful six months despite making the CL final, is it just a blip or it's the beginning of a decline. He hasn't won anything in spite of having a 20 goal a season striker, one of the top playmakers and a relatively settled defense. I am starting to have my doubts about him.

I think after Ole we shouldn't cut corners and we should do away with the United way sentimentalism. Fire the receptionist if we have and start modernizing the club from top to bottom. The first step should be to bring a DOF with the mandate to create a modern attacking team within the Glazer financial parameters (we are never going to spend £500m per season under the Glazers). Get him to identify a young, tactically astute manager that plays football on the front foot. Then sign four or five players to make the team competitive and blend that with youth and the players that Ole has brought in.

The DOF himself must be someone who is more inclined to youth because he will be working under the Glazer budgetary control. This means we need a man that is able to identify and bring in players like Maddison before they become £100m players or see diamonds in other leagues like what Pool did with Salah. The idea that players who can improve us are the ones who cost north of £50m isn't helping at all.
We'll never get a DoF as long as Woodward is here. It's not in his official title but he has referred to himself as DoF in an exchange with Evra some time ago.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
So what happens when we get poch or tuchel and they fail just as badly as our last 3 managers?

BlueHaze

People saying Tuchel after he bottled 0-2 win in CL and lost 1-3 at home against the very man you want sacked. :lol:

I have wanted Poch for very long but his recent damning form has made me hesitate. It's like when Jose had a nightmare with Chelsea his second season. Big risk hiring him. Nagelsmann is definitely a worthy candidate.

AneRu

We'll never get a DoF as long as Woodward is here. It's not in his official title but he has referred to himself as DoF in an exchange with Evra some time ago.
Then the ownership has to step in because at the end of the day his management will lead to a massive depreciation of their asset. Allowing Woodward the carte blanche to ruin the club will be their undoing because soon the fan base will revolt and the bad press associated with that will hurt their brand.

Woodward has superintendent the spending over £800m on absolute dross. If they can't demand improvements on the processes that led to that scenario then owning a football club isn't their thing.

Caesar2290

I think Ole should be promoted to DoF. He clearly gets what United is about, has a longterm vision and his signings so far have been spot on.

As for the manager, I would go for a wild card, specifically Bielsa. The guys is a nutter, but he is also a tactical genius who doesn’t take sheit from anyone.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Honestly don't know anymore who we could possibly get that would make that much of a difference. Outside of the top two managers everyone else is a bit crap.

Florida Man

Then the ownership has to step in because at the end of the day his management will lead to a massive depreciation of their asset. Allowing Woodward the carte blanche to ruin the club will be their undoing because soon the fan base will revolt and the bad press associated with that will hurt their brand.

Woodward has superintendent the spending over £800m on absolute dross. If they can't demand improvements on the processes that led to that scenario then owning a football club isn't their thing.
I'm not sure about depreciation of assets. There are millions of muppets giving money to United every year so while the team is garbage, they're still profitable. And the Glazers only care about profit because they are greedy cnuts and the more I say about them, the more likely I'm going to get banned.

AneRu

I'm not sure about depreciation of assets. There are millions of muppets giving money to United every year so while the team is garbage, they're still profitable. And the Glazers only care about profit because they are greedy cnuts and the more I say about them, the more likely I'm going to get banned.
Them being greedy so and sos is beyond doubt but the fact that they sanctioned spending of over £800m in 6 years shows that they do know that they need to maintain the first team at a certain level of competitiveness. Woodward's tenure has seen the club failing to achieve just that and it's a big indictment looking at who we have competed against. Besides bringing someone who puts a semblance of order on the football side will make the club more efficient and this more profitable.

432JuanMata

Anyone take Eddie Howe ? Has taking Bournemouth up 3 divisions, looking good in the PL, plays nice football and is young I always liked him.

Poch would still be my first choice though

Cloud7

So what happens when we get poch or tuchel and they fail just as badly as our last 3 managers?
We move on to someone else, just like other clubs do? FFS as a club we've had two good managers in our entire history and 20 other managers either side of them. Takes a while to find the right manager. Look how many attempts it took Liverpool to finally wind up with Klopp. Why do we act as if it's the end of the world if we have to sack a manager and move on?

Skills

Snitch
We move on to someone else, just like other clubs do? FFS as a club we've had two good managers in our entire history and 20 other managers either side of them. Takes a while to find the right manager. Look how many attempts it took Liverpool to finally wind up with Klopp. Why do we act as if it's the end of the world if we have to sack a manager and move on?
This.

The clubs fanbase has a weird/unhealthy relationship with whoever the manager is at the time. Guys not in 5 minutes, and they get a shitty song and a banner.