United’s next manager

Mainoldo

Yes another Ole out. On a serious note a lot of people say if not Ole who?

Well let’s discuss options, I can’t say I know a lot in regards to managers out there in 2019.. but I know the board aren’t pre planning, they’ll sack him and have no well thought out solution. We should really be planning for the manager who we think is going to take this club forward. Not only in playing style but in club ethos and ‘player development’

So who’s out there is it Allegri; Tunchel; Ten Hag and why are there you’re number one candidate.

Skills

Snitch
Unless you have a Guardiola or a Klopp, the name is irrelevant. You need the right manager for the right moment, and as a club you need to be willing to make a change when they are no longer that person.

I'm sure there's loads of candidates who will do a good job.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

The best manager in world football today at the moment. It is ridiculous and insane if United doesn’t go for the one that could easily be tempted with our financial power and structure.

George The Best

Unless you have a Guardiola or a Klopp, the name is irrelevant. You need the right manager for the right moment, and as a club you need to be willing to make a change when they are no longer that person.

I'm sure there's loads of candidates who will do a good job.
Only if they are backed in the transfer market. Pep and Klopp were, Ole has a worse squad now than last season. No top manager will be interested if the wallet is closed.

Amerifan

Why limit ourselves to one manager? Pep, Jurgen, Mauricio and Ole.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Ole DoF/ technical director and a young, forward-thinking coach in. Feck knows who that would be, mind. Poch or Ten Hag, maybe?

irishdevil 16

The problem is the minute it gets rough,people want to change manager. Might be better to back Ole for a bit and let him overhaul the squad. Right now no one can be happy but constantly changing will get us nowhere

Crashoutcassius

Doesn't matter unless we change club structure.

If we just hire a new coach and he gets 2 years to sign his players, we still wont match city that have spent 10 years and 2 to 3 billion building a coherent club

Skills

Snitch
Only if they are backed in the transfer market. Pep and Klopp were, Ole has a worse squad now than last season. No top manager will be interested if the wallet is closed.
Only Pep and Klopp deserve to be backed unconditionally in the transfermarket.

The fact that Ole has managed to assemble a worse squad than last season, despite spending 150m is his own doing.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

The best manager in world football today at the moment. It is ridiculous and insane if United doesn’t go for the one that could easily be tempted with our financial power and structure.
“And structure” :lol:

I thought you’d want to sign him not scare him away.

Skills

Snitch
“And structure” :lol:

I thought you’d want to sign him not scare him away.
It's a dream job for someone who wants a lot of power with little accountability. If he gets a mouthpiece journalist, it's even easier.

MonkeysMagic

Working under the Glazers even the world's best manager would fail, they clearly need to go taking Woody with them, before we even contemplate bringing another manager in.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I think the moderators should lock this thread.

aditya826

I would love Diego Simeone. The only manager who's been at one club since 9 years - so he can do a long run. But I don't think this fan-base would love his style of football. So I guess someone like Tuchel would fit the bill when it's style over substance.

Andy_Cole

I would love Diego Simeone. The only manager who's been at one club since 9 years - so he can do a long run. But I don't think this fan-base would love his style of football. So I guess someone like Tuchel would fit the bill when it's style over substance.
We wouldn’t be a fan of his brand. But seems to be the only manager with the pedigree of Klopp and Guardiola.

aditya826

We wouldn’t be a fan of his brand. But seems to be the only manager with the pedigree of Klopp and Guardiola.
Yes. He is also the highest paid manager in Europe. Off putting for the table for Glazers I suppose.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I’d would not want to go through 9 years of watching his type of football even if someone paid me for it.

Son

I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers.
Always rated his work & it could turn out to be a massive slap in the face of Liverpool if he was succesful here. He'd do better with us than than our current manager.

Tuchel or Nagelsmann too.

Matst1

Sick of these threads. Instant success merchants, can’t handle the situation of a club in transition (yes over six years now, boo hoo) it will take as long as it takes.

If Ole got sacked tomorrow, we get say, Zidane or whoever. The OP would start this thread all over again if we we lost drew and won in our first three games. Pathetic.

Mods, please do the right thing and start locking these threads.

passing-wind

Tuchel, Nagglesman or even Southgate.

If Allegri ends up at PSG I think Tuchel would be a great fit. Underrated by many and tactically astute. This is all the worst case scenario I would like for Solskjaer to do well because he cares for the club but I cannot see our team being a success under his management.

Son

Sick of these threads. Instant success merchants, can’t handle the situation of a club in transition (yes over six years now, boo hoo) it will take as long as it takes.

If Ole got sacked tomorrow, we get say, Zidane or whoever. The OP would start this thread all over again if we we lost drew and won in our first three games. Pathetic.

Mods, please do the right thing and start locking these threads.
The evidence thus far is our manager isn't at the level required and he may not be the best person available to lead our club forward long-term. Why should it be banned talking about possible replacements when it's obvious he may well be out the job come January? Reality bites hard sometimes, but it can also do you a favour.
A world class manager and progressive new coaches could certainly help us for the short-medium and long-term. To think otherwise is unacceptable considering our place in world football.