United’s next manager

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously we'll go for Poch, just as he starts showing the first signs that he's on the wane :wenger:

Caliban

Uniteds next manager

Well, there can only be one (party) good enough ..

: Redcaf management of the round table, cannot find any better
(Have a closed board and do the tactic talk here, use football manager for scouting, but wait .. you will need someone to blame .. who might that be .. hmm .. Steve Mclaren maybe ..

There we go. Redcaf choosen knights & Steve under a giant umbrella

(Sorry Steve, yours was the name that popped up in my head .. the umbrellas fault) :)

In 3 months you will have to win the league and be runners up for champions league - there shall be pressure at a place like United

Remember cheewing gum!

Hughie77

Poch, and I think as early as next season? Oles been trying to find a system, continuity with, only been 4 games let's just see how it pans out?

Something tells me it's not going to happen for him? Only because all games so far we could have won them all? Creating opportunities is different, to turning them into match winning? Need to win games sometimes by creating and getting 1 or 2 chances?
This is how you win titles big games etc, making the most of the moments you get in games? The opposition so far Bar Chelsea have taken them . And that's where I think ole will fall short.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Poch, and I think as early as next season? Oles been trying to find a system, continuity with, only been 4 games let's just see how it pans out?

Something tells me it's not going to happen for him? Only because all games so far we could have won them all? Creating opportunities is different, to turning them into match winning? Need to win games sometimes by creating and getting 1 or 2 chances?
This is how you win titles big games etc, making the most of the moments you get in games? The opposition so far Bar Chelsea have taken them . And that's where I think ole will fall short.
I read this in my head incorporating all those question marks and throughly enjoyed it, nice one :lol: But seriously, Rafa Benitez is a great shout by me.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I didn't say struggling on the pitch. Its ok if you want to ignore you have been having issues with the squad though.

Also my point wasn’t a prediction no need to be so defensive. Its juts a fact that you seem to have players running down their contracts and also seem to struggle in the transfer market in the last 18 months. These are things a strong DOF should/would handle
As I've said, we've just signed Ndombele, Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon - how is that struggling?

Last summer we didn't sign anyone due partly to a lack of funds and partly because the players we wanted weren't available. A DoF isn't going to fix this and nor would they be helping if they tried to intervene in any issues internal to the squad - because those would be rightly for the manager to sort out.

My own view is that if you have the right manager then having a DoF is at best pointless and at worst a recipe for conflict. And if you don't have the right manager, then you need to fire the one you have and appoint a new one.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
My own view is that if you have the right manager then having a DoF is at best pointless and at worst a recipe for conflict. And if you don't have the right manager, then you need to fire the one you have and appoint a new one.
Found Woodward

Joeace2020

Recall Moyes and give him a new 6 year contract. #returnofgollum on social media.

Baneofthegame

Well if for some reason we knee jerk fire Ole this year then I’d go for Nagelsmann, Allegri if you want more experience.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Yes another Ole out. On a serious note a lot of people say if not Ole who?

Well let’s discuss options, I can’t say I know a lot in regards to managers out there in 2019.. but I know the board aren’t pre planning, they’ll sack him and have no well thought out solution. We should really be planning for the manager who we think is going to take this club forward. Not only in playing style but in club ethos and ‘player development’

So who’s out there is it Allegri; Tunchel; Ten Hag and why are there you’re number one candidate.
Sorry, are you suggesting the board should already be backing the next unidentified manager as opposed to the current manager?

wolvored

I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers.
Always rated his work & it could turn out to be a massive slap in the face of Liverpool if he was succesful here. He'd do better with us than than our current manager.

Tuchel or Nagelsmann too.
Yes Rodgers would be a choice of mine. look how hes got Leicester playing. If it hadnt have been for Slippy G, he would have probably be managing a successful pool side now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why would any top manager want to come to us right now? The squad is a mess and the owners / CEO are just an even bigger one.

If LVG n Jose can crash and burn like they did then I don't think it's out of line to suggest anyone will. The problems stem from above but they are too stubborn to change it.

MrSingh2002

Poch is now the only one.

Guardiola and Klopp will never ever sign up for the job now.

If we chose sentiment over a manager who is....

A) Annoyed at his own club
B) Proven track record in the Premier League
C) Proven to develop and introduce youth
D) Looking to manage at a TOP club that can compete in the transfer market
E) Clearly better than Ole

Then we're mugs again. I can actually see Woodward and the Glazers sticking with Ole as he's the ideal scapegoat for them when it properly hits the fan. They clearly don't care about the success of the team on the pitch or they would've signed some midfielders this summer.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Poch is now the only one.

Guardiola and Klopp will never ever sign up for the job now.

If we chose sentiment over a manager who is....

A) Annoyed at his own club
B) Proven track record in the Premier League
C) Proven to develop and introduce youth
D) Looking to manage at a TOP club that can compete in the transfer market
E) Clearly better than Ole

Then we're mugs again. I can actually see Woodward and the Glazers sticking with Ole as he's the ideal scapegoat for them when it properly hits the fan. They clearly don't care about the success of the team on the pitch or they would've signed some midfielders this summer.
There's little evidence to suggest that Pochettino is especially annoyed with Spurs, except perhaps in minor ways far outweighed by his positive regard. And the club has just delivered him NDombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon, with Dybala still in sight for January … which means we can now, with the stadium built, compete in the transfer market.

Moreover, United is no longer a "TOP" club compared to other options available to Pochettino should he wish to leave Spurs.

davidmichael

I’d rather a hierarchy of,

Woodward as CEO Of Business
Van Der Sar as CEO Of Football
Solskjær as Director Of Football
Pocchettino as Head Coach
Keane as Assistant Manager

haram

If Ole is sacked he should no longer be at the club in any other footballing capacity. Keane should never return either.

Mainoldo

Sorry, are you suggesting the board should already be backing the next unidentified manager as opposed to the current manager?
They should be looking for the next manager yes. A good board should always be looking forward especially when results have been how they are.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I’d rather a hierarchy of,

Woodward as CEO Of Business
Van Der Sar as CEO Of Football
Solskjær as Director Of Football
Pocchettino as Head Coach
Keane as Assistant Manager
Wtf is Kean doing there ? These romantic emotional appointments should stop.

Its either VDS or Ole.

Eoin McMahon

Has to be Pochettino, the job he's done at Spurs in the last 5 years in taking Spurs into the top 3-4 in the league consistently on a much smaller budget than the other top 6, bringing through a number of youth players and building a team that plays good high pressing football and a squad that suits it and all while the club was building a new stadium and reached the Champions league final to boot. I don't think there is any other manager out there that fits what our manager profile more then Poch and he is the manager who would get us competing for trophies again.

Canagel

If you didn't like Mourinho, you won't like Allegri either.
If we ended up getting desperate its a fall back option to provide stability until we can find a more progressive manager. He wouldnt fight againdt his own team and board like Mourinho at least and his prime is not finished yet.

Last edited: