United’s next manager

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
How you know? Not sure many would have a problem nowadays, should be standard procedure by now
Poch wants full run of the club, it was his call. After Mitchell when he signed his new contract, his job title changed from first team coach to manager. Anyway Mitchell was not a traditional director of football, he was head of recruitment as far as I can recall.

MrSingh2002

There's little evidence to suggest that Pochettino is especially annoyed with Spurs, except perhaps in minor ways far outweighed by his positive regard. And the club has just delivered him NDombele, Lo Celso and Sessegnon, with Dybala still in sight for January … which means we can now, with the stadium built, compete in the transfer market.

Moreover, United is no longer a "TOP" club compared to other options available to Pochettino should he wish to leave Spurs.
Odds on the next Premier League manager to leave his role. Alot of people disagree with you.

red4ever 79

Poch or Alegri for me. Would like Ole to stay until he at least gets rid of the other deadwood Rojo, Jones, Young, Mata first

aditya826

Ole sets the foundations and Tuchel takes the rewards.
By "foundations" you mean being so shit tactically and strategically that anything remotely good Tuchel does will be seen as a massive improvement and a progress?

Greck

If Poch ends up at Madrid and out of our reach I'm going to pull my hair out that we had a run at him for 2 years and wasted it. The annoyance will be double if Ole doesn't work out

Kemizee

Poch is now the only one.

Guardiola and Klopp will never ever sign up for the job now.

If we chose sentiment over a manager who is....

A) Annoyed at his own club
B) Proven track record in the Premier League
C) Proven to develop and introduce youth
D) Looking to manage at a TOP club that can compete in the transfer market
E) Clearly better than Ole

Then we're mugs again. I can actually see Woodward and the Glazers sticking with Ole as he's the ideal scapegoat for them when it properly hits the fan. They clearly don't care about the success of the team on the pitch or they would've signed some midfielders this summer.
All correct. Well said.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The way people talk about Poch on here you'd think he was SAF, Guardiola and peak Mourinho all rolled into one. The only man that can possibly save us.

ILC

Obviously it should be Allegri. Will it be? Idk.

Hughie77

I read this in my head incorporating all those question marks and throughly enjoyed it, nice one :lol: But seriously, Rafa Benitez is a great shout by me.
I like Benitez as a Manager, but I don't think the UTD faithful will take to him after his rant few years ago, also he's past his best now, pressure he'd have at OT, don't think he could do it.

The isuues we have are if big if , ole can get results when not being on it, Pool are getting those, at present, City just keep rolling on.

Young side youngish manager with not much top tier experience , it's going to be a long road. But Poch for me if there's a change

USREDEVIL

We should move to a "win or your out" model. Essentially once a manager loses a game, he's out. Can't believe our standards have sunk so low that we can accept a loss without axing a manager. Unreal.

Mainoldo

We should move to a "win or your out" model. Essentially once a manager loses a game, he's out. Can't believe our standards have sunk so low that we can accept a loss without axing a manager. Unreal.
Well quite a few loses. But you keep losing it just becomes acceptable. Like you said.

But good idea with the ‘win or you’re out’. I prefer the “keep loosing and you stay” we currently adopt.

USREDEVIL

Well quite a few loses. But you keep losing it just becomes acceptable. Like you said.

But good idea with the ‘win or you’re out’. I prefer the “keep loosing and you stay” we currently adopt.
Need to give any new manager some time. I know it's the generation of instant gratification but let's all calm the feck down for a moment, see that we've cleared plenty of players who dont fit the system, bought some really good players, and need some time to gel and get it together. I think we're making progress so let's not feck it up by just going overboard.

ILC

You give manager time if he shows promise, if you see some progress on the pitch, if you see stability and good tactics. Not just double down on your mistake of giving him the permanent job in the first place.

And using past examples of failure with other managers as an argument for why someone else shouldn't be hired is misguided at best.

romufc

Very pointless.

I don't know what Allegri has done for the fans to be so hyped over him. He was criticised in Juve for being defensive, not sure he fits a United manager profile.

No idea why Tuchel is even mentioned. All talks about Ole not having pedigree, but wow Tuchel? Winning the French League with PSG IMO is not success.

All this talk about Poch, why would he want to leave Spurs now?

TRUERED89

If Ole continue his managerial form of win/draw/lose percentage, I can't see him lasting till Christmas. I'd go for Allegri. I rate him highly, one of the best tacticians in the game and he knows how to manage egos and he's worked before with Pogba and know how to build a team around him. With him, we can also attract better players. I just looked up his age and I'm surprised he is still so young for a manager, only 52. Thought he was in his mid to late 60s.
Another defensive Jose type manager, no thank you. He'll come in get rid of everyone buy a bunch of expensive mercs again, not make top 4, get sacked and we're back to square one. Rinse and repeat for the next 100 years! Great idea..

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pochs - Spurs
Nuno - Wolves
Le Favre - Dortmund
Nagelsmann- Leipzig
Erik ten Hag - Ajax
Howe- Bournemouth

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

The best manager in world football today at the moment. It is ridiculous and insane if United doesn’t go for the one that could easily be tempted with our financial power and structure.
All of those managers were put into Ole's position more or less an given a chance to succeed with no pedigree at very good clubs, but most of all Pep Guardiola, who inherited a squad with some of the worlds best players.

Mainoldo

All of those managers were put into Ole's position more or less an given a chance to succeed with no pedigree at very good clubs, but most of all Pep Guardiola, who inherited a squad with some of the worlds best players.
These no pedigree managers. Where they given time to fail?

By that I mean. When results weren’t going well with there lack of ‘pedigree’ at that given time was they given time?

Mainoldo

Pochs - Spurs
Nuno - Wolves
Le Favre - Dortmund
Nagelsmann- Leipzig
Erik ten Hag - Ajax
Howe- Bournemouth
I like the look at that. Would hope that’s the type of list United would be generating if a new manager is required.

Mainoldo

Very pointless.

I don't know what Allegri has done for the fans to be so hyped over him. He was criticised in Juve for being defensive, not sure he fits a United manager profile.

No idea why Tuchel is even mentioned. All talks about Ole not having pedigree, but wow Tuchel? Winning the French League with PSG IMO is not success.

All this talk about Poch, why would he want to leave Spurs now?
Dortmund. That’s why Tuchel gets mentioned. He took over Klopp and got Dortmund back up the table. Not a 3year back up the table plan either.

romufc

Dortmund. That’s why Tuchel gets mentioned. He took over Klopp and got Dortmund back up the table. Not a 3year back up the table plan either.
He got them 2nd and 3rd if I am not wrong?

TRUERED89

Despicable isn't it!?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I would love Diego Simeone. The only manager who's been at one club since 9 years - so he can do a long run. But I don't think this fan-base would love his style of football. So I guess someone like Tuchel would fit the bill when it's style over substance.
But Simeone is ultra defensive. Basically, his brand would be worse that Jose's.
It just would not make any sense.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Out of curiosity, how well do you think Guardiola or Klopp would have done here when control of transfers & budgets are in the hands of Woodward & the Glazers?
Just one glance at City's squad, how many of those players would we have failed to sign..?

ZupZup

We shouldn't be relying on penalties to get points
Why is a penalty so different to other chances created? If Pogba doesn't get brought down against Wolves... there is every chance he scores. McTominay was bursting into the Palace box towards goal when he was brought down against Palace... Martial deserved a penalty in that same match when he was pulled down and again, there is every chance he scores if he wasn't fouled.

romufc

Out of curiosity, how well do you think Guardiola or Klopp would have done here when control of transfers & budgets are in the hands of Woodward & the Glazers?
Just one glance at City's squad, how many of those players would we have failed to sign..?
Very well actually. Not because of any signings, these managers make players better. Could you imagine what either of them would have done to Pogba, Martial, Rashford ?

Klopp has spent less than United.
City signed players who were not really targetted by any other club, they had a free run at Sterling, KDB, Walker, Stones, Bernado, Rodri..

We have spent massively on CB, CM, RB, ST so I think they would have done better because the vision is similar. Jose wanted ready made players, but Ed was not willing to spend £50m on a 27 yr old winger.

Pep and Klopp have both bought young hungry players.