United’s next manager

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yep, we are stuck with Fleksnes unfortunately.
You are from Sweden, what do you think about Magnus Haglund as next manager? He won Allsvenskan with Elfsborg twice and is on the same level as Ole.

I think we should have a look at him, he is an attack minded manager as well.
Nah, he doesn't know the club

Bondi77

I wonder if Poch would stay job free for the rest of the season and see how our season ends up.
I am sure the media will be printing headlines stating there has been texting between Ed and Poch and we will have to see if that ruffles Ole's feathers.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We've been terrible for months, a lot longer than the run that has seen Poch sacked.

Are we really going to miss the boat and sit on our hands yet again? What are we waiting for?

Bring him in already.

hobbers

And him getting sacked proves that how exactly?
You realise how much of a moron that line of argument makes you look, right?

Best never sign any manager who's ever been sacked. That proves they're not good enough. Oh wait.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
And Ole never got sacked.
Nobody said he didn't.

I now expect Poch will become a better manager in people's minds with every point we drop, forgetting that Spurs decided he wasn't good enough after a terrible run of results with a better squad than ours.

crossy1686

career ending
Yep, we are stuck with Fleksnes unfortunately.
You are from Sweden, what do you think about Magnus Haglund as next manager? He won Allsvenskan with Elfsborg twice and is on the same level as Ole.

I think we should have a look at him, he is an attack minded manager as well.
I'm from Salford, I just live in Sweden. Whatever, I don't care who's in charge as long as they're backed and we're going in the right direction. Rome wasn't built in a day, especially when your empire lies in ruin like ours does.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Nobody said he didn't.

I now expect Poch will become a better manager in people's minds with every point we drop, forgetting that Spurs decided he wasn't good enough after a terrible run of results with a better squad than ours.
Considering most people on here wanted Poch over Ole long before he was sacked I'd say your point is moot.

SER19

Pochettino needs to wait until summer and see how the land lies. Could be lots of jobs on the table.

crossy1686

career ending
You realise how much of a moron that line of argument makes you look, right?

Best never sign any manager who's ever been sacked. That proves they're not good enough. Oh wait.
Pochettino was allowed 5 years at Tottenham to build a team that was capable of getting to a Champions League final (with a favourable draw). Let's remember that his first couple of seasons at Spurs weren't like the last couple so let's not pretend he's some sort of sure thing.

Let's have this conversation again if Solskjaer is afforded the same kind of backing he was given in 4 more years time shall we? That's the only fair way to judge who's the better manager.

cosimas

Fecking hell, I've just come home to this news. We must at least have a discussion with Poch and ask him what he wants. As far as I am concerned he is the best available manager for a PL team, and, as much as I appreciate what Ole is creating, this is too much of an opportunity to pass up.

always_hoping

If Ole isn’t long term then why would appointing Poch be wrong ? Not to say I’m OleOut.... Yet
Because Poch in my view wouldn't be a long term option either as he would suffer with the high pressure from day one at United. No honey moon period at United and praised by media for finishing 3rd,4th at United

hobbers

Pochettino was allowed 5 years at Tottenham to build a team that was capable of getting to a Champions League final (with a favourable draw). Let's remember that his first couple of seasons at Spurs weren't like the last couple so let's not pretend he's some sort of sure thing.

Let's have this conversation again if Solskjaer is afforded the same kind of backing he was given in 4 more years time shall we? That's the only fair way to judge who's the better manager.
Pochettino made Spurs a better team with each season. There was a clear progression year on year. There was consistency in the results and in the style of play.

You get the backing you earn. Ole has earned no backing. You don't need to take a club from 4th to 10th to get them back to 4th again.

If you want fair then we can compare the improvement of Spurs in Poch's first year with our, err, "improvement" over the last 12 months with Ole.

TRUERED89

Because Poch in my view wouldn't be a long term option either as he would suffer with the high pressure from day one at United. No honey moon period at United and praised by media for finishing 3rd,4th at United
The media already kiss his ass, if he consistently gets top 4 whilst slowly creeping up to 1st he wouldn’t get much stick. Mou and LVG proven title winners, got all the praise in the world (by media) just for EL win and top 4 finish, which by their past standards was awfully shite.

Gomes

What high pressure? United has a worse squad than Newcastle, don't you know? We also should be happy finishing in the top 10. Anybody competent would do this with their eyes closed. Let's get that someone.

Leftback99

Considering most people on here wanted Poch over Ole long before he was sacked I'd say your point is moot.
Rodgers is the new Poch on here.

For what it's worth i think Poch would be a good option for our next manager whenever that is. I just don't think he's the sure thing to bring us back to glory many seem to think.

crossy1686

career ending
Pochettino made Spurs a better team with each season. There was a clear progression year on year. There was consistency in the results and in the style of play.

You get the backing you earn. Ole has earned no backing. You don't need to take a club from 4th to 10th to get them back to 4th again.

If you want fair then we can compare the improvement of Spurs in Poch's first year with our, err, "improvement" over the last 12 months with Ole.
No there wasn't. He inherited a team that was shockingly shit and bloated with players who were finished. Most of Spurs best players were already there though and signed before he arrived or came from the academy.

All he's done is clear out the crap that were bringing the dressing room down and entrusted the players that were coming through to do their jobs.

Ole hasn't been given the chance to earn any backing yet. He's had no where near the time Pochettino got to build a team. Poor recruitment has been our issue for years, Ole's actually sorting that out and they will pay off sooner than most think it will.

No point. Why don't we compare our treble winning season with Spurs in 99' also to see how they improved? Both clubs are at very different levels at the moment.

TRUERED89

We've been terrible for months, a lot longer than the run that has seen Poch sacked.

Are we really going to miss the boat and sit on our hands yet again? What are we waiting for?

Bring him in already.
Think you need to check the stats, Spurs have been just a terrible as us in the league, particularly away, in the same time period.

crossy1686

career ending
Pochettino needs to wait until summer and see how the land lies. Could be lots of jobs on the table.
For a man that's won nothing and in a 5 year management and spell failed to turn a club around after the club entered a series of bad results for the first and only time during his spell?

cosimas

My spurs supporting friends have given me numerous examples over the past few years where Poch has coached players into being better (positional sense, decision making etc.) . Whilst also instilling a sense of belief and purpose to their work on the pitch. That's exactly what we need.

Kemizee

Nobody said he didn't.

If a coach who took a team to the final of Europe's clubs ultimate showpiece is deemed not good enough for Spurs while Ole is considered good enough for us, then God help us!!

hobbers

If a coach who took a team to the final of Europe's clubs ultimate showpiece is deemed not good enough for Spurs while Ole is considered good enough for us, then God help us!!
That's the crux of it really.

Whether you think Poch is a top manager or just a good manager (either way he's far better than Ole), the fact he's been sacked speaks volumes about Spurs' ambition compared to ours.

lsd

The Oracle
So now there are Utd fans wanting us to do poorly so Ole loses his job and we can hire a manager just sacked by Spurs

Leftback99

Which boiled down to getting lucky against City and Ajax the same way Ole did against PSG. The final was a waste of time in line with their league form in 2019.

Mainoldo

So now there are Utd fans wanting us to do poorly so Ole loses his job and we can hire a manager just sacked by Spurs
Waiting? Do you trust us to go on a unbeaten league run over 5 games?

nameischarles

Let's be real about this. The board will not sack Ole now and sign Poch. As much as some want Ole to even be sacked alone it just won't happen, we know the board is incompetent.

I think Poch will probably take the time off and revaluate or maybe Bayern? Either way, he will be getting some good job offers in the summer.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Sacking ole now will be harsh on him now that it looks like he is getting performances out of the squad. However 1-2 bad loses and we might pull the trigger

Mainoldo

Out of context.

Let's see in 5 years, if Solskjaer is afford that luxury, how he's doing with the squad he has built.
No one is given time you have to earn it. If only isn’t given 5 years it’s because he hasn’t earned it. Quite honestly he hasn’t earned to be in charge right now.

El Zoido

That's the crux of it really.

Whether you think Poch is a top manager or just a good manager (either way he's far better than Ole), the fact he's been sacked speaks volumes about Spurs' ambition compared to ours.
Ambition. :lol: He’s on the way to getting them relegated, that’s why he’s gone. He’s a busted flush and has won nothing.

Feck me the state of the caf. No words.

Mainoldo

Ambition. :lol: He’s on the way to getting them relegated, that’s why he’s gone. He’s a busted flush and has won nothing.

Feck me the state of the caf. No words.
But yet we have a bunch of people backing a man that has us 7th.

Ambition :lol:

DoomSlayer

Alex Ferguson's been sacked, what's your point?

Poch isn't my number one choice but he's definitely a serious name to consider should he take an extended break now.
Sir Alex had been sacked for apparently breaching his contract and making an agreement to take the job at another club. Nice try though.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Poch just got the boot from spurs. We should make him DoF right now and manager next season. Morons

always_hoping

What high pressure? United has a worse squad than Newcastle, don't you know? We also should be happy finishing in the top 10. Anybody competent would do this with their eyes closed. Let's get that someone.
Firstly United don't have a worse squad than Newcastle, and happy to finish 10th don't be ridiculous.

United regardless of panel strength is one of the highest pressured jobs to succeed and win trophies in World football.