United’s next manager

red thru&thru

Sacking ole now will be harsh on him now that it looks like he is getting performances out of the squad. However 1-2 bad loses and we might pull the trigger
Have to agree with this. But we have to make sure we are in contact with Poch. We football changes really quick.

mancave bear

I like Ole, I really do, but what do we have to lose by cutting him loose and taking Poch on as an interim.

It'll keep Poch and his family in England until the summer when it can all be properly re-evaluated, by all sides.
Wow. Hard to belive that you are a Manchester United supporter. Ole have never lost against him, even though he had a new team with players from 4 different managers with different styles. Poch have taken Spurs way down the league table. Imagine what he could have done with our squad and owners?

Ventura

Poch is surely going to have a "no employment in England until the end of the season" clause to get his full payout.

Mr Smith

If we want Poch we need to act fast. He will be the most in-demand manager in world football; Bayern and Real will be after him big time, and there's even a chance City could be sniffing about if the rumours of Guardiola leaving at the end of the season are true. We need to get an agreement with him ASAP, even if we don't actually hire him till the end of the season.

sosolid4u09

Wow. Hard to belive that you are a Manchester United supporter. Ole have never lost against him, even though he had a new team with players from 4 different managers with different styles. Poch have taken Spurs way down the league table. Imagine what he could have done with our squad and owners?
You have no idea what you're talking about

sosolid4u09

If we want Poch we need to act fast. He will be the most in-demand manager in world football; Bayern and Real will be after him big time, and there's even a chance City could be sniffing about if the rumours of Guardiola leaving at the end of the season are true. We need to get an agreement with him ASAP, even if we don't actually hire him till the end of the season.
Ah dammit i forgot about bayern! This is more stressful than brexit!

Chicharito_

I like the direction Ole is going with the side but I think Poch could take us back to the top.

Ole DOF with Poch Manager anyone?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Crazy, right? :yawn:
I’m not totally convinced Poch is the long term answer but worth a punt for the short term.

I think someone else here said it but OGS as DoF might not be a bad shout. He knows the club, understands our vision and can play a big part in our long term strategy.

mancave bear

But yet we have a bunch of people backing a man that has us 7th.

Ambition :lol:
We are in the start of at total make over.
Ole has got rid of a lot of deadwood, in order to buy new players. Our penny pincing owners, refusing to buy more than three players at a time, makes the job harder. Our thin squad + injurys at key players, has given us a tough start at the season. But we are the only team that has taken points of Liverpool. And we beat Tonntenham and Chelsea.

Ole is doing a fantastic job.

Poch have got a team which he have handpicked himself, and coached for 5 years. And he is taken them towards relegation.

He would never have handled the situation at Manchester United, and would have got us relegated for shore.

Ole has got rid of a lot of deadwood, in order to buy new players. Our penny pincing owners, refusing to buy more than three players at a time, makes the job harder. Our thin squad + injurys at key players, has given us a tough start at the season. But we are the only team that has taken points of Liverpool. And we beat Tonntenham and Chelsea.

Poch have got a team which he have handpicked himself, and coached for 5 years. And he is taken them towards relegation.

He would never have handled the situation at Manchester United, and would have got us relegated for shore.
Ohh come on!! :lol: :lol:

Mr Smith

I wonder if Poch would stay job free for the rest of the season and see how our season ends up.
I am sure the media will be printing headlines stating there has been texting between Ed and Poch and we will have to see if that ruffles Ole's feathers.
If I was Poch that's what I would do. He'll have his pick of jobs and can take his time to review each option.

Zlatattack

I'm sure we'll fail to take advantage of his sacking and I'm sure we'll regret it like we did Klopp. Plenty of people harking on about the LVG project back then.

el3mel

We have to start negotiations and secure Poch's position so that he'll at least take over in summer, like what we did when we hired Mourinho post LVG.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Sir Alex had been sacked for apparently breaching his contract and making an agreement to take the job at another club. Nice try though.
"Nice try though" :lol:

I said SAF was sacked. This is is a fact, slightly better than a nice try, the circumstances around the sacking were interesting too.

Was having a complete shitshow of a season with St Mirren, at odds with the owner, discontentment in the dressing room, was a manager in demand and had an opportunity to leave the season prior to his sacking but wrongly chose to remain. Pretty much a similar situation to a certain unemployed Argentine.

He might have been involved in a court case pleading it was an unfair dismissal because it was levelled at him that he'd been disloyal, but things were sour as feck with St Mirren it's been well documented, Fergie admitted himself he should have moved on when he had the chance. As should Poch have.

Mainoldo

As I’ve said previously above. You earn the right to manager here. Being 7th in the league should always get you sacked. The fact he decided to get rid of ‘deadwood’ whilst knowing we have a 3 in policy is his own fault. He priorities our defence when we had 6 CB’s. It doesn’t add up.

UnitedFan93

Completely agree.

We can't keep changing managers. The club needs stability and I feel Ole is providing stability. He's building a young likeable team and for the first time in a long time I can see a recruitment strategy in place.

Appointing Pochettino would be a massive risk and would mean starting from scratch all over again. Pochettino is also a serial bottler who comes up short whenever silverware is there for the taking.

DoomSlayer

"Nice try though" :lol:

I said SAF was sacked. This is is a fact, slightly better than a nice try, the circumstances around the sacking were interesting too.

Was having a complete shitshow of a season with St Mirren, at odds with the owner, discontentment in the dressing room, was a manager in demand and had an opportunity to leave the season prior to his sacking but wrongly chose to remain. Pretty much a similar situation to a certain unemployed Argentine.

He might have been involved in a court case pleading it was an unfair dismissal because it was levelled at him that he'd been disloyal, but things were sour as feck with St Mirren it's been well documented, Fergie admitted himself he should have moved on when he had the chance. As should Poch have.
So which clubs are so desperate for Mauricio Pochettino at the moment? Because apart from his fanboys at the Caf, I don't see anyone else losing their shit to try and get him right now.

Could be a decent option for Barcelona as their fans hate Valverde, but Pochettino himself has said he would never betray his club Espanyol. And as Bayern Munich fans have said, their board would rather go for a German speaking coach so it seems highly unlikely that the Argentine goes there. We seem the only ones desperate enough, just like it was with Mourinho and look how that turned out.

Red00012

There is a lot of “We have to “ going on here.

What the caf thinks

Ed : Hi Ole What can I do for you today ?

Ole : Ive seen Poch has been sacked I’m going to step down it’s the right thing to do.

Ed Ok Ole . Fancy a DOF job ?

Ole: Yes let’s see how the boys react.

patty123

And not for the first time as he left the team in Spain rock bottom 9 points off safety and then sacked

el3mel

It's honestly embarrassing to keep saying such a thing as an achievement. We are acting as if we are Stock City who managed to draw against one of the big boys. Full midtable club mentality that.

Won't even comment on that fantastic job part that.

Last edited:

Mr Chutney

Mango Mango Man
Look into Ole’s eyes and you can see he knows he ain’t hanging around here as manager for long - he’s no fool.:nono:

Just doing the best with the time he has because why the feck not - he’s a red! :devil:

DoomSlayer

It's honestly to keep saying such a thing as an achievement. We are acting as if we are Stock City who managed to draw against one of the big boys. Full midtable club mentality that.

Won't even comment on that fantastic job part that.
I bet City would have taken a fecking draw against Liverpool. They must be a mid-table team too.

USREDEVIL

I like Ole, not Ole out, but I think I'm Poch in. I'm sort of having my cake and eating it too, but you know what i mean. No big payoff to Levy, don't have to deal with him at all. Poch will have great motivation to prove he can win, and will now have a budget that will allow it. Ole steps into the DOF role, or something along those lines. VDS just re-signed with Ajax so he aint coming here. The stars are aligning my fellow red friends and haters.

el3mel

I bet City would have taken a fecking draw against Liverpool. They must be a mid-table team too.
No they wouldn't. Not at home while they are trailing them in points.

Honestly I don't know how can anyone not getting embarrassed with mentioning a draw against a big team at our home as some sort of an achievement. Expectations have went down hill.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We have to start negotiations and secure Poch's position so that he'll at least take over in summer, like what we did when we hired Mourinho post LVG.
That is the only memory stopping me from losing all hope of the club being proactive for once.

Once a back-stabber, always a back-stabber...

DoomSlayer

No they wouldn't. Not at home while they are trailing them in points.

Honestly I don't know how can anyone not getting embarrassed with mentioning a draw against a big team at our home as some sort of an achievement. Expectations have went down hill.
And because they wouldn't take it, now City are 4th in the table and Guardiola is close to a meltdown.

The fact is that whether we like it or nor, Liverpool are the best team in England and in Europe at the moment. They would have had the longest winning streak in PL history if we hadn't drawn with them and we were actually very close to wining that game if it wasn't for some stupid individual mistakes (yet again).