United’s next manager

Roboc7

If Ole finishes in top 4 and /or win Europa Cup he deserves to continue, otherwise it will be a calamity to let Pochettino go like that.
I’d imagine that’s exactly what club will be thinking. They’ll be talking to Poch and letting Ole plan for next season. I don’t they’ve got balls to make a definite decision themselves and be looking for Ole to make it for them one way or another.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If Fernandes was here in the summer, a long with another striker or a RW- poor Ole wouldn’t have these questions be asked
Not exactly. There's more to managing than just signing players.

We could sign the World XI, but we would still be less than the sum of our parts under Ole.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If Fernandes was here in the summer, a long with another striker or a RW- poor Ole wouldn’t have these questions be asked
Managers with actual track record of success are questioned, so I highly doubt that two random players that haven't done much in their careers would change how people see Ole today.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I don't think we can afford to hang around with Poch. Tell him now he's got the job even if Ole flukes a cup win. There are very few managers out there that for me fits the bill of United manager. Poch is definitely one of them and he isn't going to hang around if we keep faffing about with if, buts and maybes.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I don't think we can afford to hang around with Poch. Tell him now he's got the job even if Ole flukes a cup win. There are very few managers out there that for me fits the bill of United manager. Poch is definitely one of them and he isn't going to hang around if we keep faffing about with if, buts and maybes.
Look at how quickly the situation can change in football. I'm dreading us hanging about, only for City to swoop in if Guardiola decides to leave.

Wilt

Imagine the fallout if Utd favour keeping Ole over signing Pochettino.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Look at how quickly the situation can change in football. I'm dreading us hanging about, only for City to swoop in if Guardiola decides to leave.
I've got the exact same fear. Guardiola is famous for burning his players out which is why he doesn't stay at one club for more than 3 or 4 years so it wouldn't surprise me if he does move on at the end of the season and Poch is more than good enough to take over the reigns at City.

The club have to be ruthless. We have (in my opinion) one of the best fit managers sitting at home weighing up his options with us sitting in 8th place which could turn out to be lower with the run of games we've got coming up. If we leave it too long with Poch and he goes to another club who exactly could come in when Ole inevitably fails? We're living in dreamland if people think Naaglesman will be joining us so it could be stick or bust with Ole *crying*

Tony247

It is more likely that Poch will choose City. Good luck to them.

I am more inclined towards Nagelsmann if we can get him in summer. The guy is perfect fit for everything united stand for. Also in brain department nagelsmann seems better furnished than poch (personal view).

Judas

Open to offers
The depression on this place if we go into next season with Ole after continuing to look far from impressive and Poch is at City. It will feel utterly hopeless on here, and rightfully so really.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Pochettino would be a good appointment. United should keep their options open. Looking at it somewhat dispassionately, Pochettino is potentially right for United but is United right for Pochettino?

lysglimt

Scout
Let's hire a guy who has had one brilliant season in his entire managerial career. If we are gonna replace OGS it should be with a lot better manager than Pochettino

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pochettino would be a good appointment. United should keep their options open. Looking at it somewhat dispassionately, Pochettino is potentially right for United but is United right for Pochettino?
Why not? He will be working for a big club with good money to spend, if he fails then people can blame Woodward, if he is good then people will give huge credit for taking club back to top.

It's not like there are many openings at big clubs either. Madrid are good with Zidane, don't think Barca and him are good fit and will even discuss going by history.
PSG have Tuchel, this might open next season
Bayern have new coach who is doing well
All other English big clubs have settled managers or newly appointed ones.
Juventus might sack Sarri but they are going for Allegri as per reports.

Yes we are in the situation that we shouldn't be in but we aren't as bad as Liverpool were when Klopp took over or Spurs when Poch took over. We have good players with gaps in few positions, need better coach to bring best out of them and build a team that is more than sum of its parts.

TheReligion

Abusive
The depression on this place if we go into next season with Ole after continuing to look far from impressive and Poch is at City. It will feel utterly hopeless on here, and rightfully so really.
Yeah the mood is really lifted by such positive and insightful posts like yours here

BR7

Why not? He will be working for a big club with good money to spend, if he fails then people can blame Woodward, if he is good then people will give huge credit for taking club back to top.

It's not like there are many openings at big clubs either. Madrid are good with Zidane, don't think Barca and him are good fit and will even discuss going by history.
PSG have Tuchel, this might open next season
Bayern have new coach who is doing well
All other English big clubs have settled managers or newly appointed ones.
Juventus might sack Sarri but they are going for Allegri as per reports.

Yes we are in the situation that we shouldn't be in but we aren't as bad as Liverpool were when Klopp took over or Spurs when Poch took over. We have good players with gaps in few positions, need better coach to bring best out of them and build a team that is more than sum of its parts.
Great shout

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Let's hire a guy who has had one brilliant season in his entire managerial career. If we are gonna replace OGS it should be with a lot better manager than Pochettino
Who is available that is 'a lot better' than Pochettino?

romufc

So you going to make a statement like that without even giving your opinion on who we should hire then?

One brilliant season? He led Southampton to their highest league finish, is that not an achievement on its own?

AneRu

I think Ole will leave at the end of the season by mutual consent and we will get Pochettino, without a CL win Pep has unfinished business at City and should be fired up to take the title back from Klopp. Us letting Ole continue would be monumentally stupid and I think even Woodward isn't that foolish.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Poch spotted with Neil Ashton at Leeds game. Think we are definitely in touch.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Poch spotted with Neil Ashton at Leeds game. Think we are definitely in touch.
Spotted with Ashton, then next day piece comes out about how Poch would 'love a return to the premier league' picked up by all the big papers. Seems like the meeting with Utd's PR chief could have been about how to slowly break the story in the press, without disrespecting Ole too much in the interim.

USREDEVIL

The way I look at it we have a ready made premier league proven manager in Poch just waiting for us. Be stupid to let this chance by with what we’ve seen so far. If Poch doesn’t work out then we can go to the up and coming managers like nagelsmann or rose.

reddevilchennai

I’d imagine that’s exactly what club will be thinking. They’ll be talking to Poch and letting Ole plan for next season. I don’t they’ve got balls to make a definite decision themselves and be looking for Ole to make it for them one way or another.
If only Ed had the brains to wait until the end of last season instead of handing over Ole the permanent manager contract out of pressure from ex-players, fans, pundits, etc.

They will be definitely talking to Poch and won't say a word until the season ends or until Ole can't make to next years CL.

Coops73

I want Ole to succeed, I’m just not sure he has what it takes to and I think Pochettino is a really good manager, we must of surely made contact with him, lots of talk about him coming to us and I think it would make sense.

L1nk

Even if he achieves the unthinkable and does what you say, a sane club would still move him on because its the best he's going to do it, and it would give the next man to come in a brilliant platform.

Obviously, if Ole achieves either of those things he will be staying, but he won't.
See this is what seperates clubs with small mentality to the ones with big mentality, Barcelona recently got rid of their manager for one they deemed an upgrade, even though he won the league 2 out of the 3 years he was there, and they are still pretty much in the running for this season as well, but they got rid for someone else. Yet here we are saying oh if he makes top 4 he should get a chance.

I absolutely agree with you, even if he gets top 4 he should be moved on without a doubt, if there's a possibility of better, you take it, be ruthless ffs.

Sad Chris

One brilliant season? He led Southampton to their highest league finish, is that not an achievement on its own?
I think Moyes did rather well for Everton, too. That‘s a bad example for proving your case.

vivaronaldo

poch with funds is an absolute no brainer - make it happen

no way ole gets the gig if it wasnt for his name - his managerial record is laughable

Sad Chris

I‘m a bit torn. But I don‘t get the notion to hire Poch, because he‘ll „be it“.

I feel he could be right, but we‘ve been through this a few times now. I don’t think anybody here can say that they didn’t feel good and optimistic about any of our post-Ferguson managers.

I think the hatred and dislike of Ole is blinding a handful of us into actionism. Although I understand the disappointment with Ole so far, turmoil and rage aren’t helping with clear decisions.

I don’t know if Ole isn’t capable enough as a manager or is just limited due to circumstances (at least partially self-inflicted) like our tiny squad, injury crisis and the better managers and teams he is up against.

I don’t think any manager that comes to us is going to guarantee success like it was possible just a handful of years ago. I think anyone, including Poch, could run out of time before we run out of patience. Our vocal fanbase has been behaving like entitled, spoilt brats for years now. That’s the only given in our situation.

The golden days are over and they’re not coming back, even with another new manager. A new manager will likely bring back hope and buzz for a while, but unlikely the success that many of us dream of, the success we were lucky enough to have witnesses under Ferguson.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good to read Pochettino's recent comments. Seems we may be actively looking for a new manager after all. We need to move on from the Ole debacle without a shadow of a doubt.

Seij

Not exactly. There's more to managing than just signing players.

We could sign the World XI, but we would still be less than the sum of our parts under Ole.
Does anyone believe that Liverpool would have won the CL last season and be sitting at 24 wins and 1 draw well on their way to a record breaking season under Solskjaer? Would Henderson and Wijnaldum look like world beaters under Solskjaer?