United/Adidas get Millie Turners name wrong (Amy Turner) on the new home shirt release promotion, called out on twitter by Millie - Adidas apologized

Bondi77

What about the commentators who get the wrong players when commentating on Games??
I am surprised certain groups haven't jumped on this before but it is only a matter of time.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
This is outrageous! How dare they make a mistake, this would never happen to a male player. Just ask Mike Smalling.

Lightbringer

It sucks and is annoying.

But my favourite reply is from her (probable) girlfriend Rachel Daly -

Awesome response! With Toones response I would guess the players dont blame United for this at least, hehe.

Glorio

A typo is different to getting her actual name wrong mate.
Still a mistake. The folks who print these things are not necessarily fans. It's a bad mistake, but it's a mistake all the same

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Considering how we've been treating the women's team as of late you'll expect a bit more of sensitivity around that. They'll swiftly becoming the Cinderella of Manchester United, a rushed up PR execise to make us look good that is backfiring on us spectacularly.

Doracle

People make mistakes. I hope that the fact she has decided to publicly criticise Adidas over it does not cost someone their job. Just deal with this type of thing privately. It isn’t a big deal.

Tarrou

Jesus that's extremely cynical. I don't doubt it was an honest mistake, but that doesn't take anything away from the fact this wouldn't have happened with the mens team, and demonstrates the lower standing the female athletes/teams still have in comparison. Even with their employers.
Yeah I don't believe that is the case either, was just answering the question. It's the only other possibility if it wasn't an honest mistake.

FreddieTheReddie

Didn't this happen with Bruno for a quick second where his name was spelt with a Z? Thought I read that somewhere
Edit: Nah ... Apparently that was a fan

Deffo happened with Beckham and I think it happened with Anderson too I believe. Poor QA, nothing more
I remember Sancho’s name was spelt Jason somewhere, he laughed at it on twitter. Adidas should be more careful though but it’s just a mistake.

SER19

Looks like a simple human error. No need to contextualise everything in some grand outrage

Uniquim

I dont care if they are gutted or not, its not acceptable. How about basicly checking if the material is correct before putting it out there? Probably the persons in charge have no clue about the ladies players and bottled it. Thats not how we should treat our womens team. Could you imagine this happening and the ads saying Steven Rashford for example? Would never happen!

The womens team is on shaky grounds as it stands without any more crap added to the pile.

Or could you imagine the manager of the club calling Chris Smalling 'Mike' or something like that. That'd be crazy.

Clearly that would mean the CL-winning manager would have no clue about men's football, and bottled it, rather than it being a mistake.

cj_sparky

Joe Kinnear got confused with the pronunciation of Insomnia...I mean N'Zogbia. Yohan Kebab, Ben Afri and obviously Amamobi.

klayton88

Looks like an honest mistake to me. She’s spotted it, Adidas apologised, move on. Shouldn’t even be news.

Did United apologise when they sent Anderson out onto the pitch wearing an ‘Andesron’ shirt?
I have no recollection of this. That's amazing.

redrobed

I’ve had my name spelt incorrectly before so like to think I can kind of relate. Media’s barely even talking about this either. Sending prayers to her and her family.

If you see this Millier, remember - tough times don’t last, tough people do.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Context is king. If this happens last season - when the women's team was on the up, great coach, great set of players with some exciting new signings no one says anything.

But it's happening right now, when there's every sign the board actually forgot they need to play women's football this season. And that's the disgusting bit, not a name mistake.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Joe Kinnear got confused with the pronunciation of Insomnia...I mean N'Zogbia. Yohan Kebab, Ben Afri and obviously Amamobi.
:lol: :lol:

It’s an honest mistake by the outfitter. The United women are having a rough time of it. I suppose calling out stuff like this makes it less likely to happen again but it happens to the men all the time too

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How long had Smalling been at United when his manager reffered to him as Mike ?
True, I’d give them the benefit of the doubt before lynching them. Shit happens.

That said, LVG was just speaking off the cuff in a press conference. Adidas we’re putting out a written tweet which surely it’s someone’s job to verify before it goes out. But whatever, as I said shit happens.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
That's just a bonus, really.
yeah, too right. it’s called a sweatshop. they should have known when they took the job there. if they want a better life, they should get some boots, then some bootstraps, then pull on them.

Siorac

yeah, too right. it’s called a sweatshop. they should have known when they took the job there. if they want a better life, they should get some boots, then some bootstraps, then pull on them.
Yeah I'm sick of today's youth always asking for handouts. It just takes some good old-fashioned hard work but this generation if toddlers has no work ethic.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The most surprising thing to me is that it wasn't picked up somewhere, not particularly that the mistake was made. My experience working in comms teaches me that errors are fairly common. I'm assuming it went on a long adventure between the communications > marketing > graphic design > social media teams.

Obviously there's a PR problem because it's women's football so it looks like negligient but I'm assuming it was likely a genuine error in judgement.

Good of the intern to apologise though :)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is such a Twitter thing. It’ll go on for days and weeks now instead of previously it being in a newspaper and then Adidas correcting it and nobody thinking twice about it, like with the male players above. If you’re in the public eye It most likely happens to everyone at some point in their career. They’ve said sorry and I’m sure they are and they will tighten up. Case closed. As someone said above. Thank god she didn’t have Joe Kinnear or LVG for a manager…

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I dont care if they are gutted or not, its not acceptable. How about basicly checking if the material is correct before putting it out there? Probably the persons in charge have no clue about the ladies players and bottled it. Thats not how we should treat our womens team. Could you imagine this happening and the ads saying Steven Rashford for example? Would never happen!

The womens team is on shaky grounds as it stands without any more crap added to the pile.
Mike Smalling? That ring a bell? By his OWN MANAGER.

Why do people need to bring race/ gender/ religion into everything, it's such an odd habit nowadays, it's nothing to do with "Because they are Women in a woman's team", it was just a mistake, it happened, they apologised, not big news.

Jaxa

Im not into women football. Dont watch it, dont care. But Feck me … its horrible, disrespectful and mąkes me sick.
Jesus christ :lol: i truly hope your wumming

Bit of an embarrassing mistake for Adidas and the athlete which sucks but get a grip