United and these crazy contracts

CG1010

What I can't understand is why have all these scouts and they cannot find us some top players from all over the world.
We are bringing in the top young players for our accademy. Yes, some don't make it, but why can't we have the same pattern for first team players. We shouldn't have to break the transfer record every transfer window for players if these scouts were doing their job. There are players out there that could go on to be world class and that we could fetch for a small fee. Going for all English players only put the price up and wages. I read that we have over 60 scouts working for us. They should be at least able to spot some top players every window.
We should look at the stick the club gets for signing James on here. Dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Cavani's contract is fine. Damage was done with the injured/useless players and De gea/Sanchez
Cavani is 33yrs old.
I believe he scored 4 league goals last season, from 14 games. (for comparison, Mbappe scored 18 goals from 20 games,)
Ole is looking for young players to build a squad for the future - so this is not an Ole signing.
Cavani was deemed not good enough to play by PSG, so he was released.
No other top club is prepared to offer him a contract for high wages.
I believe that we are offering him £200k/week.

Given all of the above, please do explain how this is a good deal for us?

Am I living in some alternate reality where £200k/week is peanuts and Cavani is an up and coming World class striker?

izec

Cavani is 33yrs old.
I believe he scored 4 league goals last season, from 14 games. (for comparison, Mbappe scored 18 goals from 20 games,)
Ole is looking for young players to build a squad for the future - so this is not an Ole signing.
Cavani was deemed not good enough to play by PSG, so he was released.
No other top club is prepared to offer him a contract for high wages.
I believe that we are offering him £200k/week.

Given all of the above, please do explain how this is a good deal for us?

Am I living in some alternate reality where £200k/week is peanuts and Cavani is an up and coming World class striker?
Since when do only world class up and coming strikers get 200k? Sancho will be on more than 200k if we sign him. I think you live in an alternative reality. Ramsey got 400k at Juve mate when he moved there on a free. Is he an up and coming world class midfielder?

hungrywing

Caf accountants should be able to confirm/elaborate on this, but accounting for inflation our base weekly wage is about in line with the SAF years (slight deviations depending on any particular chosen year).

AKA the base weekly wage bill seems to have gone up pretty much in line with inflation.