United and top 4

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I am not even from Manchester but I can understand and feel the deeply rooted hate and rivalry between Man Utd and Liverpool. This is one of, if not the BIGGEST FOOTBALL RIVALRY.

A true proper Man Utd fan would never want Liverpool to win the title under ANY circumstances. The fact that you got so wound up, trying to name and shame the true Utd fans and calling us out is pathetic and funny. Your location says it all because you know feck all about the rivalry. And if you are actually from England or more specifically Manchester, you wouldn't say this. City is irrelevant, they can win the next 10 titles in a row and no one would give a shit but you have no idea how BIG Liverpool was in the 80s and how much shit United fans had to undergo during those years, it's probably also the main reason why City fans hate us so much. City for the most part, lots of their fans are family and friends. We don't even hate them, we're indifferent to their success whereas Liverpool winning the league would be a disaster, it would also show how far the club has regressed. Maybe this is the wake-up call the club need.

With that being said, I still don't endorse us putting out a weakened team to City so they can get the 3 points easily. I think Liverpool would win the league anyway unfortunately as City's run-in is just a lot tougher than Liverpool. Can't see Liverpool dropping points in any of the remaining games.
A true proper Man United fan? A true proper United supporter would fecking put United first. Always. Nothing else matters. Yes, we all hate Liverpool, but when you start putting the hate of a different club over your own club, that's when you cross a line. Embarrassing shite. It has nothing to do with where you are from. It has everything to do with how you view football. If you watch it with hatred of another team and always wanting another team to fail, then that's on you. Me personally, I watch United because I love United and will always want United to win. I want what is best for the club, for the club's future, etc. In what fecking way does wanting us to lose to our local rivals and miss out on top 4 help our future? It's beyond ridiculous. To even have the balls to say shite like your post is embarrassing. If you want would prefer your own club to fail so any other club doesn't succeed, then fecking own up to it and say it like it is. You hate Liverpool more than you love United. Everyone is free to support however they want. But own up to it and admit it, don't try and put others down with your false sense of top red bullshit which is so far off the mark.

Seriously, read your post. You're basically wanting the fans that want United to succeed fake supporters who don't understand the true history of the club, while the ones that would rather the club fails this season are the true fans. You seriously couldn't fecking make it up. Fecking petty children.

bosnian_red

Says he can understand the rivalry even if he's not from Manchester. Then proceeds with "your location says it all because you know feck all about the rivalry".

Well done :lol:
The guy is fecking laughable. Seriously imagine claiming you aren't a true supporter because you want your team to succeed but you are a true supporter because you would rather your team fails so a different team fails. It's beyond idiotic.

bosnian_red

Cringe. You're embarrassing. Where are you from again?
Why the feck does it matter where people are from? You literally just said you aren't from Manchester yourself, and your description says Die Mannshaft so I'd assume Germany? Spare me your bullshit and re-evaluate why you watch football. Hating one club more then you love the team you support is 100% wrong, always will be. You can do it, but don't even dare to claim that it's anything other then petty, childish and irrational.

bosnian_red

Well said.

If Liverpool win the league, I’ll never hear the end of it from family, friends, work colleagues etc.

If City win the league, I’ll not hear a single word about it. I don’t know any City fans.
Ah, the irony. Responding to a post about it being easy for someone from Canada to say they would prefer United succeeds as if they are better then others because of wherever the feck they are from, but then proceeds to say they don't even know any City fans who are literally Uniteds local rivals :lol: The state of some people on here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I am not even from Manchester but I was angry when We sold Jaap Stam is the only thing I can add to this.

The point is, you can get or not get angry regardless if you're a Mancunian or not. Same thing applies to food, you can choose to eat or not eat it but you can't eat it and have it too. Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

Cloud7

Says he can understand the rivalry even if he's not from Manchester. Then proceeds with "your location says it all because you know feck all about the rivalry".

Well done :lol:
Honestly, the scatterbrained nature of the points attempting to be made together with the randomly capitalized words really made me think of a Trump-esque rant. Ended up reading the whole thing in a Trump voice.

Thomas Hunter

The priority is to think about ourselves, about our future, no matter who win the league or who is the best team or what's the rivalry or anything else. Being like "I prefer not to finish top 4 if it means Liverpool not being champion" is kind of selfish in my opinion. The truth is, the best case scenario for United is to finish top 4 this season. If not this would mean we would just go back to being a Europa League team, or maybe not, if we finish 6th !! Honestly at this point I don't care if Liverpool win the title, even if I think City will take it, all I want is for my team to play great again, to compete for titles, and to bring me thrills watching them play, and I believe finishing top 4 and playing CL is the starting point. feck Liverpool and feck Manchester City, all I care about is Manchester United.

Cloud7

One thing that this and other threads have genuinely made me wonder is just what do fans of other clubs say to you?

The whole, I’ll never hear the end of it from Liverpool supporting coworkers, family etc. What exactly do these people say to you? ‘Ha ha, United is crap, Liverpool is better?’ Is it not simply football jokes and banter that will be tossed your way, in a similar fashion to what we toss at fans of other clubs?

Is it really such a big deal?

JonDahl

Why the feck does it matter where people are from?
It definitely matters in some way.

How do you know the rivalry? How do you understand it? Because you read a history section on a Wikipedia article and watched a couple of documentaries?

You haven't lived it. You haven't lived in it. You just kind of know you're not supposed to like Liverpool and so you don't.

Of course, this level of faux hate translates into this "I'm a better United fan because I care about us more than them" schtick more often. You haven't grown up with rivalry. Not really.

This can go the other way as well, taking positions to extremes and often does. Some of the most common complainers are OOT's.

*This isn't directed to you personally, just a general post*

NeQuient

We have to face the reality,we are not going to play champions league next season,with form we present we are never going to reach top 4.

Reddy Rederson

It definitely matters in some way.

How do you know the rivalry? How do you understand it? Because you read a history section on a Wikipedia article and watched a couple of documentaries?

You haven't lived it. You haven't lived in it. You just kind of know you're not supposed to like Liverpool and so you don't.

Of course, this level of faux hate translates into this "I'm a better United fan because I care about us more than them" schtick more often. You haven't grown up with rivalry. Not really.

This can go the other way as well, taking positions to extremes and often does. Some of the most common complainers are OOT's.

*This isn't directed to you personally, just a general post*
So a guy thats from canada, and supported the club for thirty five years knows nothing about the club rivalry, but a kid thats been supporting the club for five minutes "gets it" because hes in Manchester? It definitely does not matter, in any way. Geographical location is no measurement of how someone supports or feels about the club. you do realise that a lot of fans not in manchester have been fans since before wiki was a thing? Or even the internet for that matter? Its a lot of shit, and its used exclusively to belittle fans with opposing opinions. Might as well just tell people to "go back to where they came from" at the same time.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If you'd told me we would even have a chance of Top 4 in December, I would have told you to feck off.
We had a go and we probably won't make it now. So, we miss out on CL next season. It didn't do Liverpool much harm (they missed 6 times in the last ten years).

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Liverpool winning today hardly guarantees them winning it. It’s still in City’s hands.

Still should have club’s interests. We can still finish top 4 and Liverpool not win title. Chelsea looking today makes it more appealing for us to beat them.
It's in City's hands, but that means they have to beat us, which we obviously don't want. So yes, we wanted Liverpool to drop points to Cheslea

ErranMorad

Top 4.

Europa sucks. Also, am not sure De Gea and Pogba will stay if we don't make the Champions league. Both of them deserve better than dawdling around in a substandard competition.

Siorac

I am not even from Manchester but I was angry when We sold Jaap Stam is the only thing I can add to this.

The point is, you can get or not get angry regardless if you're a Mancunian or not. Same thing applies to food, you can choose to eat or not eat it but you can't eat it and have it too. Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
:lol: I enjoyed this post.

JEredDevil

I can see us having a go against City but i cant see us taking points of them. Truth is, City are far superior as compared to us. We might have stopped them from winning the league at OT last year but they knew that they would win it the next week. Rivalry aside, the result at OT didn't matter to either team except for the fact that they couldn't celebrate winning the title at our ground.

This time, there's just too much on the line for City. Liverpool looks like they can win all their remaining fixtures and City have 2 potential banana skin games against spurs and us. I expect City to go all out against us and if they get to HT in the lead again, we should really expect them to close the game out. Pep and his team are far too experienced to throw away a lead at this point of the season. As much as i want City to win the league instead of Liverpool, i hope we at least put up a fight. If we win, great for Ole and his team, at least we will know who's worthy of the shirt next season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well said.

If Liverpool win the league, I’ll never hear the end of it from family, friends, work colleagues etc.

If City win the league, I’ll not hear a single word about it. I don’t know any City fans.
Well said? It's not like you live in Manchester either :lol:

TRUERED89

The guy is fecking laughable. Seriously imagine claiming you aren't a true supporter because you want your team to succeed but you are a true supporter because you would rather your team fails so a different team fails. It's beyond idiotic.
I cant stand City or Liverpool, BUT! I still want top 4 regardless of who wins the title! for anyone saying we should deliberately lose to City to stop Pool winning the title is beyond ridiculous! They will win it one day anyway! neither of them will ever catch our PL record! To pool fans we can simply say "come back when you've won 13" whatever really, they'll never be as big as United! let the fecks have their moment. United & Ole must make sure it never EVER happens again though! We have to get that bastard 14th PL ASAP!

Cloud7

One thing that this and other threads have genuinely made me wonder is just what do fans of other clubs say to you?

The whole, I’ll never hear the end of it from Liverpool supporting coworkers, family etc. What exactly do these people say to you? ‘Ha ha, United is crap, Liverpool is better?’ Is it not simply football jokes and banter that will be tossed your way, in a similar fashion to what we toss at fans of other clubs?

Seriously, if anyone at all is willing to field a response to this I would greatly appreciate it. I really really would like to know.

Needham

Remember all those years ago when Moyes said we have to aspire to be like Manchester City. Holy shit...

RedDevilRoshi

I can see us having a go against City but i cant see us taking points of them. Truth is, City are far superior as compared to us. We might have stopped them from winning the league at OT last year but they knew that they would win it the next week. Rivalry aside, the result at OT didn't matter to either team except for the fact that they couldn't celebrate winning the title at our ground.

This time, there's just too much on the line for City. Liverpool looks like they can win all their remaining fixtures and City have 2 potential banana skin games against spurs and us. I expect City to go all out against us and if they get to HT in the lead again, we should really expect them to close the game out. Pep and his team are far too experienced to throw away a lead at this point of the season. As much as i want City to win the league instead of Liverpool, i hope we at least put up a fight. If we win, great for Ole and his team, at least we will know who's worthy of the shirt next season.

Errmm.... you know we stopped them winning the league against us at their ground, not OT. :wenger:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

I make no secret at all that I am not from Manchester but that doesn't stop me from being a massive United fan.
I started following United just after the Munich disaster when I was ten or eleven and as far as I am concerned they are my team.

I also follow my local team in the lovely city of Bristol. But if you followed them you would know why Manchester United are my passion.

I will admit though that I don't feel quite the same animosity toward Liverpool as Manchester locals but my number one hatred is Arsenal. That is why I liked Roy Keane so much because he felt the same loathing and was always pumped up for the battle.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If our useless bunch who've put in crap performances at home for the past 3 years pull their finger out and beat City at home which allowing Liverpool to win the title, they should all be sold.
:lol:

Probably true :(

Siorac

Remember all those years ago when Moyes said we have to aspire to be like Manchester City. Holy shit...
The outcry over that was way over the top.

Yes, we have to aspire to be as good as City are. That's a fine goal to set.

TRUERED89

Champione, champione olay olay olay! Yea okay still got a long way to go in the PL era! pipe down sonny! Come back when you've won 13 now piss off :lol:.

Schneckerl

In general I care more about succeeding (yes, playing CL instead of EL does matter to me) than others failing.
If I would still live in Manchester right now my feeling might be different, but that's my current perspective.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Whats wrong with some of you!?

Reading PL match day thread, people posting stuff like "good shit" after Liverpool scored vs Chelsea. I just dont understand, can you imagine the days and months after Liverpool winning the bloody thing. Just a thought of it makes me sick and i am from Serbia and dont know a single Liverpool fan around me. Put yourself in position of your fellow United fans in England.

Whats up with top 4 shit anyway, are we Arsenal MkII or what?

Let me guess, top 4 means we can attract better players. Ok, how many quality we attracted with our CL participation since SAF? Specially in our case, where, after how many years we still walking blindfolded with almost no progress, no idea behind our football and no vision.

Another can be that if we dont take part of it, we cant win it but lets be real, even this season we are still in it, we scored only one home game in CL, if there wasnt Afro i think, it would be zero. I mean come on. How can you have a go at Glazers or EW, if you have similar thinking as them.

On other side we have Liverpool winning a PL, sorry, majority might not agree with me but if i have to choose top 4 or Liverpool PL champion, top 4 can feck off.
Months? we'l be hearing about it for bloody years and will be told they also won two world wars and the nobel peace prize!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I've been saying for weeks that Liverpool have a very good shout at winning two trophies.... as or us: we certainly won't catch Spurs who only have one difficult game left (City, of course), the rest we have to expect them to win. We need a couple of favours from Leicester who play both Arsenal and Chelsea at home but on recent form I'm not holding my breath.

Arsenal also have to go Wolves and Burnley so there is some hope there although they might already have one of the two spots sewn up: they will certainly win their home games against Palace and Brighton. If Wolves play like they did against us, Arsenal will struggle to get anything at Moulineux given there away form but who knows with Wolves, they've been poor since beating us (typical).

Chelsea will surely win their home games and Watford will probably field a weakened side given the game is a couple of weeks before the cup final.

All this mean we absolutely have to beat Chelsea at Old Trafford. I'm presuming (which might be stupid) that we'll beat both Cardiff and Huddersfield but again those might come too late. Which leaves the City and everton games: I'd say a minimum of four points is required. Goodison is a strange place for us: sometimes we are absolutely devastating there, sometimes we forget to turn up!

haram

Im sorry but missing out on the top 4 is way easier to handle than Liverpool winning the league. No one will even give a feck that we missed out on top 4 this season in 2 years.

Paul_Scholes18

He was completely right at completely the wrong time
Did people here want us to get beaten against City that time too? Similar situation to right now, but I think Chelsea could win it then too.

Also our league season was already destroyed and everyone wanted Moyes out too so a win would not help much.

Needham

Did people here want us to get beaten against City that time too? Similar situation to right now, but I think Chelsea could win it then too.

Also our league season was already destroyed and everyone wanted Moyes out too so a win would not help much.
Not sure anyone actively wants us to get beaten by City, just that this time the hard feelings will be done by the time the final whistle ends.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I make no secret at all that I am not from Manchester but that doesn't stop me from being a massive United fan.
I started following United just after the Munich disaster when I was ten or eleven and as far as I am concerned they are my team.

I also follow my local team in the lovely city of Bristol. But if you followed them you would know why Manchester United are my passion.

I will admit though that I don't feel quite the same animosity toward Liverpool as Manchester locals but my number one hatred is Arsenal. That is why I liked Roy Keane so much because he felt the same loathing and was always pumped up for the battle.
I still hate Leeds more than Liverpool.

Now, i don't want Liverpool to win the league but not to the detriment of United, top 4 and the champions league is massive and was totally out of the equation in early December, since then it's become a very realistic possibility and i hope we batter City at OT.
We should be qualifying for champions league every year afaic whether by winning the premier league or finishing top 4, the last few years have been shambolic in the way the clubs been run but hopefully with Ole in charge we can get back to being something like the old United.
As for Liverpool, i honestly couldn't give a toss despite recieving a bit piss taking from so called Liverpool fans who've been in hiding the past 25 years and want all of a sudden to talk about football. They're not important and i wish folk on here would stop letting them think they are.

shaky

I cant stand City or Liverpool, BUT! I still want top 4 regardless of who wins the title! for anyone saying we should deliberately lose to City to stop Pool winning the title is beyond ridiculous! They will win it one day anyway! neither of them will ever catch our PL record! To pool fans we can simply say "come back when you've won 13" whatever really, they'll never be as big as United! let the fecks have their moment. United & Ole must make sure it never EVER happens again though! We have to get that bastard 14th PL ASAP!
Nobody counts league titles won in PL terms. We've won 20 league titles, they've won 18.
If they win this year, they'll probably be favourites to reach 21 before we do.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If they win this year, they'll probably be favourites to reach 21 before we do.
Why? The title hasn't been retained in a decade - even if we win it this season, City would still be favourites to win the thing next year. We'd also need two more titles after this season to get to 21. Getting to 19 has been hard enough as it is, and hasn't been done yet either. Don't think we'd be favourites to reach 21 before you win just the one league title extra.