United announce a global multi-year partnership with Mondelēz International (brands include Cadbury, Oreo, Toblerone)

Luke1995

First of all this is just a partnership deal, which means we will get 1-2m a year by allowing them to sell chocolate at our premises. How much will you get for 1-2m, not enough to hire a Director of Football, so we need to wait for another deal before this saga is closed. The only good news is that there is 1 less potential sponsor for City....
Is this deal bigger than the Chevrolet deal though ?

cyril C

Is this deal bigger than the Chevrolet deal though ?
No way. I don't know the details so can only logically deduce the amount. Chevrolet and Adidas are the biggest deal, plus stadium naming right (if any), that's why and where City cheated (even Chelsea get a real shirt deal). next in line is the toilet thing on the arm, and possibly the Academy naming right. Then you have the senior and junior partnership. There must be over 20 of such partnerships, 2-3m max I think. Everyone counts of course, 20 of them is > Chevolet

cyril C

Alibaba? feck me we’ve got enough thieves at this club as it is let alone that cnut turning up with 40 of his mates....but seriously Alibaba?
If I interpret the Alibaba deal correctly, it comes in 2 aspects. First of all using them as distribution partner in China, so you can order both fake one and real one online (joking). Secondly MUTV content will be injected into Ali TV network. Look, no-one can understand a bunch of old timers talking on TV in strong accent, unless they are David Beckham or Cantona then people might pay more attention. So picking the right content and translating into Chinese are must.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Alibaba? feck me we’ve got enough thieves at this club as it is let alone that cnut turning up with 40 of his mates....but seriously Alibaba?
They have been involved in some controversies, I’ll give you that

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Incoming purple third kit with Cadbury written all over it

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Galaxy it is from now on then

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This was the deal I was waiting for.
I now believe we are fully equipped and outstanding favourites to win the title this coming season.

mctrials23

You have to be fair to United, if you want a solid advertising partner, United are a good bet. Done feck all on the pitch for years and generally churn out dire football and yet they still make crazy money. As I think it was Woodward once said, "performances on the pitch don't effect our finances"

Corridor of Uncertainty

fecking hell could this club be any more out of touch with their own fans? They don't even attempt to hide it nowadays.

If they have to shove this shit down our throats, at least use a player that isn't going to be fecking off in the summer.

Last edited:
You have to be fair to United, if you want a solid advertising partner, United are a good bet. Done feck all on the pitch for years and generally churn out dire football and yet they still make crazy money. As I think it was Woodward once said, "performances on the pitch don't effect our finances"
Except Woodward was wrong, it didn’t effect us then as the decline was expected to be a blip. Years later of poor performances:

17m a year lost on kit deal
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...iewer-shirt-sponsor-deal-sources?platform=amp

Huge losses on broadcasting money this year when we miss out on the champions league. You may be in for a shock when the Glazers say we can’t afford to spend a lot.

cyberman

Except Woodward was wrong, it didn’t effect us then as the decline was expected to be a blip. Years later of poor performances:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...iewer-shirt-sponsor-deal-sources?platform=amp

Huge losses on broadcasting money this year when we miss out on the champions league. You may be in for a shock when the Glazers say we can’t afford to spend a lot.
That’s because TeamViewer is just for shirts. Nothing about performances on the pitch.
It’s why it’s the biggest shirt deal in English history which wouldn’t make sense if it were 17m down from our last deal

That’s because TeamViewer is just for shirts. Nothing about performances on the pitch.
It’s why it’s the biggest shirt deal in English history which wouldn’t make sense if it were 17m down from our last deal
A separate automotive deal is thought to be worth a maximum of 10m a year. Still meaning this deal is worth 7m a year less. That’s especially bad when you consider we struck the Chevrolet deal almost 10 years ago and inflation has been huge since then.

That is indisputable evidence that poor performances have affected finance.

cyberman

A separate automotive deal is thought to be worth a maximum of 10m a year. Still meaning this deal is worth 7m a year less. That’s especially bad when you consider we struck the Chevrolet deal almost 10 years ago and inflation has been huge since then.

That is indisputable evidence that poor performances have affected finance.
Link? It seems you’re guessing a bit here. You just said our kit deal was down when it hasn’t.
Seems you’re reaching a bit. Even then we would have got a lot more if the fan protests didn’t scare away sponsors willing to pay more for shirts alone or we didn’t turn sponsors down who wanted to spend more because of the industry they’re in.

Link? It seems you’re guessing a bit here. You just said our kit deal was down when it hasn’t.
Seems you’re reaching a bit. Even then we would have got a lot more if the fan protests didn’t scare away sponsors willing to pay more for shirts alone or we didn’t turn sponsors down who wanted to spend more because of the industry they’re in.
Yes our kit deal has gone down, how can you deny a fact? I posted the link above which includes the automotive details. We have lost money on our kit deal wether you like it or not.

Matriac

Yes our kit deal has gone down, how can you deny a fact? I posted the link above which includes the automotive details. We have lost money on our kit deal wether you like it or not.
Even if the deal is lower than our last deal, the current deal is still the biggest individual kit deal in the league (your article says so).
One could just as easily argue that the ongoing(?) pandemic played a role in lowering the total value of the sponsor deal. That companies were reluctant to bid higher in uncertain economic times, shown even more so by the fact that nobody else has a bigger deal.

Even if the deal is lower than our last deal, the current deal is still the biggest individual kit deal in the league (your article says so).
One could just as easily argue that the ongoing(?) pandemic played a role in lowering the total value of the sponsor deal. That companies were reluctant to bid higher in uncertain economic times, shown even more so by the fact that nobody else has a bigger deal.
Very good point about the pandemic. We do have the largest fan base out of all the clubs though so it would make sense that we have the biggest deal. Manchester City’s deal expires this season, it will be interesting to see how much they can get away with charging Ethiad to ‘sponser’ them again :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

That's next summer.
This summer will be difficult because of the world cup coming up remember.

That's next summer.
This summer will be difficult because of the world cup coming up remember.
Ah yes, the return of no value in the market :lol:

Seriously though, I am very interested to see how they navigate this summer. The money just isn’t there but we are so poor on the field that they really can’t get away with not trying to genuinely improve us.

I expect them to focus all their resources towards the new manager in the hope that he will be able to turn water into wine like Klopp did for Liverpool.

mctrials23

Barcelona have just sold their stadium rights to Spotify. Bayern have Audi plastered everywhere when I watch them. Every club is a commercial club. Welcome to the 21st century.
Of course, which is why its ridiculous that we are so poorly run on the football side. Every other top club wants footballing success AND commercial success and realises that each bleeds into the other. LvG was merely commenting on the primary focus for United vs other clubs and he is 100% correct.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ah yes, the return of no value in the market :lol:

Seriously though, I am very interested to see how they navigate this summer. The money just isn’t there but we are so poor on the field that they really can’t get away with not trying to genuinely improve us.

I expect them to focus all their resources towards the new manager in the hope that he will be able to turn water into wine like Klopp did for Liverpool.
It shouldn't be forgotten that for all Klopp's good management, they had the exceptional luck of meeting peak mad spending Barcelona, putting in 140m into Coutinho!
That basically funded the keeper, Van D and left money over. Without that sale they'd have been delayed years.

We on the other hand will watch our 90m signing Pogba crawl off for free.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Great news for the owners and the commercial side but doesn't mean much to the supporters who want to see acheivements on the pitch.

It shouldn't be forgotten that for all Klopp's good management, they had the exceptional luck of meeting peak mad spending Barcelona, putting in 140m into Coutinho!
That basically funded the keeper, Van D and left money over. Without that sale they'd have been delayed years.

We on the other hand will watch our 90m signing Pogba crawl off for free.
Great points. That is exactly why I am so fascinated as to how the Glazers will deal with the mess they have got us into. They are not shrewd operators like Liverpool but they are going to need to get every single transfer right from now on. We just don’t have the funds to get anymore wrong

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great points. That is exactly why I am so fascinated as to how the Glazers will deal with the mess they have got us into. They are not shrewd operators like Liverpool but they are going to need to get every single transfer right from now on. We just don’t have the funds to get anymore wrong
That's why the next guy has to have a quality system and get the best out of the players he has.
We definitely haven't had the latter since Fergie.