United announce Richard Arnold as new Chief Executive

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Any confirmation on what's going to happen to Woodward, do we know if he's leaving the club entirely?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Woodward gone at the end of the season. No consultancy role after that

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
1) Has two first names
2) Wouldn't be able to play Batman

Why is he our new Prime Minister?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Good to get this confirmed so we can look to the future strategically with clarity.

I wonder if the 1st Feb is significant, as in Woodward overseeing one last transfer window. Wonder if he will splurge and give us a parting gift before the end of the month?

Swedish_Plumber

Good to get this confirmed so we can look to the future strategically with clarity.

I wonder if the 1st Feb is significant, as in Woodward overseeing one last transfer window. Wonder if he will splurge and give us a parting gift before the end of the month?
Probably the opposite so when we don’t splurge the cash it’s criticism on an outgoing figure and not on a new face.

Greck

Guy has a chin. Already better than Woodward could ever imagine.

gica_7

I am hopeful only because anyone is an improvement over Woodward. Terrible terrible management for so long.

RUCK4444

Who cares? Just timing this nonsense re-shuffle to distract from the complete shower of shit that is going on within the squad and on the pitch.

kps88

Thank feck Woody's gone. Man got almost every football decision wrong in his time here.

James35

They probably don’t want all the social media shit aimed at him after we don’t sign anyone.

stu_1992

Interesting timing, does that suggest that we could be active in the January market and as a result leaving the change until February? Probably more of a just in case thing.

thegaz2002

Yet more distraction from the club, I missed United when we weren't playing and I dread watching them when we do.

SeanyC

Jobs for the boys and another one who knows nothing about football, prove me wrong Arnold

dinostar77

I wonder if this is because of what's happening with Rangnick beyond this summer
You would hope so. The club i.e. glazers would finally have someone with the experience of building and rehauling a club in rangnick.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I wonder if this is because of what's happening with Rangnick beyond this summer
No. Woodward would have been consulting very much on the financial side of things, Ralf should ideally be doing the footballing side of things. In typical fashion for this club though, Ralf has said that they haven’t even spoken to him about what the consulting role entails

wolvored

I think we will buy a cm in Jan and Woodward will think he can leave on a high in his tiny mind.

red thru&thru

Jobs for the boys and another one who knows nothing about football, prove me wrong Arnold
Unfortunately for him, he's already on the back footing.

Can only go 2 ways for him...ABSOLUTE success, or ABSOLUTE disaster. Just can't see any in between for him.

gica_7

Don't think the Glazers would agree. Woodward did a lot of very good things on the financial side of business.
Woodward was a puppet for Glazers for so long. Not that Arnold won't be. But at least neither Woodward nor Glazers had any doubts about their methods. This might change now, maybe. I don't think any of the United fans who live and die with what they are seeing on the pitch are on the same page as Glazers anyway.

It is completely irrelevant. People blame Ed Woodward for our failures but the Glazers happily kept giving him bonuses and employing him so that tells me the problem is with the owners.

I am 100% certain that Richard Arnold will not have the control a CEO normally does, he won’t decide on what we do with our revenue, for example paying dividends, transfer budget or anything important. This is similar to Darren Fletcher being a ‘technical director’, It’s all bollocks and these people are fall guys for the Glazers decisions.

RUCK4444

Interesting timing, does that suggest that we could be active in the January market and as a result leaving the change until February? Probably more of a just in case thing.
Does this guy even control player purchases? I thought we had a DOF for that?

The whole setup stinks of United trying to do the right thing but not having a clue how to go about it. This reshuffle being announced today at an opportune time to distract from the shit show just reinforces that for me.

tomaldinho1

Importantly they make the distinction that he's not replacing Woodward who was EVC, he's purely a CEO so no input on the football side other than what a usual CEO would do. Step in the right direction, regardless of the issue about it being Woodward's mate (I don't even know if this is true but have seen it so many times on here I've just accepted it?).

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It says Arnold won’t be as involved on the footballing side apparently. However he must be the man with purse strings?

Giggsy13

Arnold is apparently more willing to delegate than Woodward especially on footballing matters. If he does that then that’s all we can ask of him. Woodward is and was an egotistical little prick who wanted his little grubby hands on everything.

AneRu

Woodward was a puppet for Glazers for so long. Not that Arnold won't be. But at least neither Woodward nor Glazers had any doubts about their methods. This might change now, maybe. I don't think any of the United fans who live and die with what they are seeing on the pitch are on the same page as Glazers anyway.
Every employee is his boss's puppet, you don't just walk into someone's company and start driving your own agenda. It doesn't work that way.

Woodward had one thing going for him; he had the Glazers' ear and he is someone who was able to extract more funds from them for transfers than anyone will ever be able to do. What he failed to do was admit his own limitations when it comes to football and defer to experts. If he had brought Luis Campo or Rangnick as DOF circa 2016-18 his tenure would be viewed differently. That was his biggest failure, even though he might have had good intentions to start with.