United during Covid-19

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I saw this on Reddit, a real nice touch from our club.

RUCK4444

Absolute class. That’s the United I know and love.

Whilst I don’t necessarily agree footballers should be obligated to take pay cuts, football is a community sport and all clubs should feel obliged to give back to the local community.

Imagine he was a lonely pensioner and the club you worship give you a call to check your ok and cheer you up, would give you a huge boost.

Should get stadium/office staff to call the elderly fans as they haven’t been furloughed so could be put to good use during this time.

Bravo

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Whilst I don’t necessarily agree footballers should be obligated to take pay cuts, football is a community sport and all clubs should feel obliged to give back to the local community.

Imagine he was a lonely pensioner and the club you worship give you a call to check your ok and cheer you up, would give you a huge boost.

Should get stadium/office staff to call the elderly fans as they haven’t been furloughed so could be put to good use during this time.

Bravo
Yep, the staff have been doing courtesy calls to the season ticket holders. Partly to say that the season ticket renewal schedule is suspecnded and they won't suddenly spring a new deadline on people, partly as a general, "how are you?" to stay in touch.

From what an (over 70) friend was saying, they're following up the usual "how are you" pleasantries with extra questions for people who are self-isolating or who are staying home fulltime because they're vulnerable - including an offer of a food parcel. It's a nice thought - the staff are working, they're used to chatting with the fans, we've got fans who'll be glad of a friendly voice, and they've got some practical help they can give if it's needed. Good one from United.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Yep, the staff have been doing courtesy calls to the season ticket holders. Partly to say that the season ticket renewal schedule is suspecnded and they won't suddenly spring a new deadline on people, partly as a general, "how are you?" to stay in touch.

From what an (over 70) friend was saying, they're following up the usual "how are you" pleasantries with extra questions for people who are self-isolating or who are staying home fulltime because they're vulnerable - including an offer of a food parcel. It's a nice thought - the staff are working, they're used to chatting with the fans, we've got fans who'll be glad of a friendly voice, and they've got some practical help they can give if it's needed. Good one from United.
Ah that's brilliant, like you say they are working, they are used to speaking with the fans so it's a really nice touch to go that extra mile, especially with the offer of food parcels. So easy to underestimate how far a gesture like that can go, especially to an elderly person isolating alone.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Got a warm tingly feeling reading that

diarm

There seems to have been a switch flicked over the last 18 months or so, in terms of the club really going back to the values we all knew it for in the past. There was a stretch there for much of the last decade where it felt like the club was totally out of touch but the more recent signs are really encouraging.

Not sure if Solskjaer is behind it but the timing certainly coincides.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't remember Darmian looking like that. It's amazing what a year can do to people.
It's really nice from the club

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
United have been the best club during this crisis by far
@TheLord
Yeah, easily. Not just that, our players are also in the news for all the right reasons - Rashford, Maguire, Dave, Juan, etc. They've bought the values back which makes the bond between the club and the supporters tighter. For all the negative publicity Glazers and Woodward have received, they certainly have been ticking all the right boxes here, and I believe a lot of this is down to people like Ole, Phelan, Carrick, etc. who understand what the club is about

TheLord

United have been the best club during this crisis by far
@TheLord
My post was made several days back when things were somewhat different.

If I am not mistaken, Chelsea were the first Premier League club to make a substantial effort to fight Covid-19 by offering their hotel to the NHS workers, sometime in the middle of March. United have just started delivering food to the NHS, whereas they have been doing it for a long time now.

I am not trying to make any comparison between clubs, and I am sure there are smaller clubs who have done a better job in the community relative to their economic strengths. Anyway, the most glorious charities are done in silence.

rotherham_red

Bravo
I missed a call last week from the club, I suspect it was for the same reason.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Did we have discussion with players to give away few percentage of their wages in few weeks for donation? 300k is a lot especially in this situation when lot of clubs are moaning about financial problem.

red thru&thru

We have done well. Bit shitty with the whole law case against FM but as PL clubs now look after more of their own licences now, can see this happening more often.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
There's nothing shitty about preventing other companies from profiting off your brand whilst you receive nothing in return.

It's obvious who the hard-core FM users on the forum are...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think we have a business plan to spend big this summer to return to the top and recognise that that could result in heavy criticism or even sanctions if we could be accused with cutting corners in other areas due to CV19.

We’ve put aside a few million for great PR and altruistic business moves so when we do spend the journalists will be briefed to also mention that we have conducted ourselves impeccably this summer and have every right to spend our own cash to get the football economy flowing.