United fans - Would you rather City bought Erling Haaland or Lionel Messi this summer?

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Messi easily.
Although I hope they sign Fellaini.

Pep's Suit

Messi runs little now. When he was younger, he had amazing workrate off-the-ball
I don't think he needs to run as a maniac, just needs to be effective when he does. Also he's not "that" lazy, just people like to overreact:

Pressures in 20/21 + (success rate)

Messi : 159 (35.2%)
Haaland : 151 (29.8%)
Benzema : 140 (17.1%)
Lukaku : 139 (31.7%)
Ronaldo : 105 (25.7%)
Suarez : 89 (23.6%)

[FBREF]

Pocho

Gayer than Marcosdeto (according to Marcos, who sh
Will be fun to watch Messi in the PL.

manc exile

I would prefer them to buy neither, but if it has to be one then Messi because he is getting to the end of his career

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Am I the only one who thinks Pep and Haaland don’t fit together? Pep loves his robotic type players were as Haaland is more explosive and I believe that aspect of his game would get curb which makes him so exciting. Jesus is a good example while not bad I feel his true potential is kinda held back due to this.
Nah, Gabriel Jesus just doesn't have it in him to be a clinical and deadly striker who loves scoring goals. He's a worse version of Sterling and prime Firmino.

That said, I don't know if Pep and Haaland fit together either. But I wouldn't doubt Pep being able to make it work, I think he's a more flexible coach now than in his Barcelona days. He even let go of Eto'o, the team's top striker in the 2008/2009 season, because Eto'o supposedly wasn't fully compromised with Guardiola's playing philosophy.