United, football, mental health, and yet another United thread...

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Another list or excuses. No wonder our players dont give a feck. We give them too many excuses.

Going out of form is one thing. Not even running for a tap in is another.

Cant handle the pressure? Quit. We've had poor people trying to put food on the table working double shift. Rashfor the feeder of poor kids should know better what is real world pressure.

Sorry man. Getting paid 200k per week for kicking balls is not pressure. If you think that's pressure. Quit your job. At least you have the luxury to not starve doing nothing for the rest of your lives.

One of us? We need players like him? Nope. I dont want a player who gave up on running.
What do you expect fans to do? Applauding that half arsed stopped running? Until when? Why does the team needs to suffer for his problem? You say he can't pick himself? Well he's a young man he can ask for a timeout to sort his personal life with his manager, it's not like he's helping the team at the moment.

I got problems when i was a teenage, love life, puberty, etc. Doesnt mean i can feck around on my job.

Last edited:

Halftrack

There's a selection of entitled brats on here who seemingly have no capability to empathise, and think being paid loads means you can't feel human emotions and aren't allowed to be affected by mental health issues, so instead you should be abused until you start performing again.

Another list or excuses. No wonder our players dont give a feck. We give them too many excuses.

Cant handle the pressure? Quit. We've had poor people trying to put food on the table working double shift. Rashfor the feeder of poor kids should know better what is real world pressure.

Sorry man. Getting paid 200k per week for kicking balls is not pressure. If you think that's pressure. Quit your job. At least you have the luxury to not starve doing nothing for the rest of your lives.

One of us? We need players like him? Nope. I dont want a player who gave up on running.
What do you expect fans to do? Applauding that half arsed stopped running? Until when? Why does the team needs to suffer for his problem? You say he can't pick himself? Well he's a young man he can ask for a timeout to sort his personal life with his manager, it's not like he's helping the team at the moment.

I got problems when i was a teenage, love life, puberty, etc. Doesnt mean i can feck around on my job.
Speaking of the devils, here's one of them now.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There's a selection of entitled brats on here who seemingly have no capability to empathise, and think being paid loads means you can't feel human emotions and aren't allowed to be affected by mental health issues, so instead you should be abused until you start performing again.

Speaking of the devils, here's one of them now.
Emphaty? Dude. They got told to sit on the bench and still being paid millions. Not sent to the galley.

But im sure you're an angel who never critized our players ever. Right?

romufc

I think this is the key. People think that footballers should be treated on a different scale to working class people.

I mean they are earning 200k a week and not doing the job. Can you imagine if you had a salary of 30k and didn't do your job for 18 months, I doubt you'd be in a job.

People forget, footballers have everything sorted for them, the diet, health, wealth, everything and yet people make excuses like.. oh he broke up with his girlfriend at the age of 24.

Cry me a river, we have all had heart breaks and break ups, that is not an excuse to not do your job for 18 months.

Roux

Look, if you are mentality not right - then you shouldn't be playing, nobody would question taking yourself out of the team to get better just like if you had an injury. Only the individual can make this decision (unless its something severe).

But if you choose to play and the manager selects you - you should give all you have, that's all we want to see as fans. This is what Rashford himself says in his endless social media posts about 'fans deserving more' & 'doing better' etc.

Anustart89

fecking hell, we're diagnosing mental health problems here on the caf now? Where were these psychiatrists when people were hurling abuse at all the countless players who have received criticism previously?

Not even when Jesse Lingard came out in public and said he was struggling with his mental health did we talk about mental health as much as people are doing now to absolve Marcus Rashford of any wrongdoing on the football pitch.

People saying that "oh it's so bad to call him lazy or disinterested because he might be suffering from depression", but what are we supposed to say about his performances on a message board where there are threads dedicated to discussing the players' performances? I mean, laziness and lack of interest is what we as fans are able to see when we tune in to the game, so surely we have to call what we see and not some imaginary, made-up scenario?

Player we like gets criticism for being lazy and uncommitted = He must be depressed
French player gets criticised for being lazy and uncommitted = Absolute cnut sell him, and feck his agent too. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, ta-ra!

That's what the caf is like now.

Anustart89

Rashford looked good first half.
He looked totally out it in the second half.

Ralf trusts him which is good. Lets hope he plays himself into form.
Oh, maybe he suffers from bipolar disorder then? [/armchair psychiatrist]

simplyared

We are making far too much out of this. An off form Rashford is still our best attacking option. Some of his efforts are split seconds from being successful. Needs a goal badly. I'm optimistic! Ask opposing managers if they would prefer to face a utd team with Rashford in it rather than him not taking part. I think I know the answer:)

Greck

I just realised Woodward might need one of these. His decisions at the club certainly mirror mental illness.

Stop having a go at him and he'll start making better decisions. You reap what you sow guys.

Dan_F

fecking hell, we're diagnosing mental health problems here on the caf now? Where were these psychiatrists when people were hurling abuse at all the countless players who have received criticism previously?

Not even when Jesse Lingard came out in public and said he was struggling with his mental health did we talk about mental health as much as people are doing now to absolve Marcus Rashford of any wrongdoing on the football pitch.

People saying that "oh it's so bad to call him lazy or disinterested because he might be suffering from depression", but what are we supposed to say about his performances on a message board where there are threads dedicated to discussing the players' performances? I mean, laziness and lack of interest is what we as fans are able to see when we tune in to the game, so surely we have to call what we see and not some imaginary, made-up scenario?

Player we like gets criticism for being lazy and uncommitted = He must be depressed
French player gets criticised for being lazy and uncommitted = Absolute cnut sell him, and feck his agent too. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, ta-ra!

That's what the caf is like now.
Way to generalise all posters there.

I’d be willing to bet that absolutely no one who is suggesting that there could be other issues with Rashford was also saying Martial can feck off and he’s a lazy cnut.

It’s very much likely that it’s the same people abusing both players.

There’s nothing wrong with fans saying Rashford is playing badly, or that he isn’t working hard enough. That is very different to a lot of the comments that we’ve seen on here or that I’ve heard in Old Trafford.

“feck off get out of the club you cnut” is nothing but abuse and I’d much rather they fecked off from supporting our club.

Satsuma United

When a player talks about mental problems, pressure, blames others, etc in that moment if i were the manager i would look inmediately for a way to sell him.

I wouldnt want my dressing room to have contact with such a unstable player.

Elite clubs dont have to deal with this nonsense. Elite clubs have winners, strong mentality persons.

You dont win CLs with these unstable guys.

Players with these issues should retire and start hiring professionals so they can get better.

The board, owners should have a player policy so the club can get rid of these people right away.

Denis79

This is a public service announcement to some users who can't do anything other than make glib posts about how this and that are "useless" or "lazy". I noticed it a lot tonight regarding Rashford, as many people let out their frustrations. There's a lot of decent comments on this forum but to be honest after reading some of the things in the match thread ("he's a brainless idiot", "he's a diva" etc) I'm not surprised Rashford's head isn't in the right place.

He's suddenly gone from being the golden boy at United, lauded for his off field activities, into the center for a whole list of insults (not to mention the disgusting shite he had to put up with after the Euros).

Do you know what's wrong with him? He's probably mentally fecked or depressed. We actually NEED players like him at the club - United lads who actually have some interest putting our jersey on. Is he monumentally shite at the moment? Without a doubt. He needs hauled off and actually coached through his problems. But the same applies to most of the team.

And before anyone comes in and says "well, he should just toughen up. He's paid loads". Feck. You. It's easy to say when your every waking action isn't dissected, and you're in front of 70,000+ playing like shite for a team that have zero fire. A stiff upper lip only goes so far. If I see one more lazy comment that doesn't actually say anything else other than "he's downed tools" or "has no respect for the badge" I'll unshackle Damo and give his primary weapons systems an extra 2 amps to play with. Anyone who has worked or lived in an environment where everything seems to always go wrong knows that you don't just snap out of that attitude overnight, especially when things continue to go wrong.

The players are mentally weak, but they've been shite for ages. Of course they're mentally weak. Even Sir Alex, the master of the hairdryer treatment, knew when to put an arm around his players. His teams weren't just technically sound - they had drive and determination and ran through walls until the last minute. And if you want players that are emotional like that, it swings both ways. Treat them like shit when they're at their weakest and they'll just crumble.

I know it's frustrating. It's been frustrating for years! And the players are shite. But don't mistake it for not giving a shit - they're just clueless, and need a kick up the arse but not ones that resort to hurling insults.

Why does any of this matter? Analysis of why we're playing poorly is important, and it's the core of this forum. But the childish moaning doesn't do anything other than fuel further moaning. And eventually that feeds into the larger media narrative as a whole, and the atmosphere in the stadium.

Anyway, feel free to call me a cnut. Oates does it twice a day.
Well there's no doubt that something is seriously wrong with Rashford, last night he looked like a person that thinks football is the most boring thing in the world. He needs a break, vacation maybe? To find his passion for the sport again.

That said he should not be playing if he can't motivate himself to do so, whatever the reason is.

This is a good test for RR's man management skills, will he continue playing Rashford now that the media has got a sniff that 'He's always on his heels' like Dublin said? Or will he take him out of the spotlight?

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If, and its an if there are issues of some kind going on with him, why is no-one at Utd saying look, we need to get him away for a bit, lets just leak something about an injury, give him the month off. If it turns out the club know something is going on and keep picking him, heads should roll.
But on the flip side of that, if the leaks/Rumours of him sending abusive emails to journos, and acting the dick until Ole apologised for saying maybe he should concentrate on his football are true, (again, a big if) and his entourage acting like twats are true, then its no wonder. There is a lot we dont know, all we can go off is what we see, and what we see isnt good enough.

Lentwood

If Rashford genuinely is having mental health issues then he needs an extended break from training and playing. This season is a write-off anyway, so just give him as long as he needs off and get Elanga into the mix

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
(I apologize for the RAWK-ish scale of the post)

It’s certainly one of the most interesting and surprisingly (although, is it, really) aspects of football that had mostly escaped the field of general football discourse. When Rangnick hired a psychologist he had voiced his amazement that it hadn’t been done earlier and I, for one, share his amazement 100%. Especially for the club of our size that’s going through incredibly turbulent times (I’m not even going to mention the little issue of a global pandemic) you’d think that our players’ mental health would be closely monitored at all times as it can influence your performance (or the lack of) just as drastically as a dislocated shoulder, hamstring injury etc.

And Rashford certainly had his fair share of challenges over the past couple of years — stress—induced back injury (not psychological stress, it’s probably worth noting this, but it can play tricks on your mind for sure) that happened right when he had reached the form of his life; never-ending football year that had been prolonged by him (postponing the much-needed surgery) in order to watch the Euros from the bench & missing the decisive penalty in the final, getting tons of abuse; whatever was that Europa League performance… now there are also some girlfriend issue apparently that I haven’t heard of before today.

So yeah, you wouldn’t be surprised if he was having a tough time adjusting to all of this. Especially with people being happy to jump on the bandwagon and blame his charity work for the horrendous dip in his performances.

Now to the controversial (at least for me) part. Criticism (not abuse, there’s a clear difference) is certainly a part of football — if you don’t produce on the pitch, you’re going to get called out for it. Even Messi and Cristiano aren’t exempt from it, rightly or wrongly (personally I think that it’s fair as far as the criticism stays constructive). I hate the rich can’t get sad argument as it’s simply a bunch of ignorant bs, but those lows are an integral part of literally any football career — just like the incredible highs that you’ll rarely (if ever) reach anywhere else, are. And as a professional footballer you have to adapt to that — ideally with the help of medical professionals if needed.

Comparing the accusations of Rashford downing his tools with name-calling and retroactive readjustment of player’s talent assessment is not a good argument. Rashford has downed his tools and there’s no two ways about it, that moment after the Greenwood chance has to be one of the most embarrassing things that I’ve seen from a United player and that’s saying something and it’s certainly a part of a bigger trend.

The questions are 1. why? & 2. what can he (and maybe we as a fan base) can do about it? I’ve already stated multiple reasons that may be the reason or one of the many triggers of his current state and there are many more. Mental health issues of different caliber may very well be one of those (and I’m absolutely sure that he is at least suffering from a burnout of sorts) — but it’s is not a get out of the jail free card, especially when we can only assume that he has (or hasn’t) got those. And while we’re on the topic of mental health awareness, projecting those issues on public figures based only on their public profile is a harmful practice (although nowhere near harmful as dismissing them).

He needs to deal with whatever issues he has and I’m sure that our fans would be supportive of him if he opens up about them (not saying that he should — again — that’s even if he has them). Management should be also held accountable as workers mental health is also their responsibility. But the unspecified mental health issue (that may not even exist) can’t be used as an ultimate defense against constructive criticism — and boy does Rashford deserve a lot of the latter at the moment.
Very well put. A balanced perspective rather than partisan arguments. A rare thing indeed.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think this is the key. People think that footballers should be treated on a different scale to working class people.

I mean they are earning 200k a week and not doing the job. Can you imagine if you had a salary of 30k and didn't do your job for 18 months, I doubt you'd be in a job.

People forget, footballers have everything sorted for them, the diet, health, wealth, everything and yet people make excuses like.. oh he broke up with his girlfriend at the age of 24.

Cry me a river, we have all had heart breaks and break ups, that is not an excuse to not do your job for 18 months.
And that there in lies part of the problem.

Footballer's go into the industry at the age of 8, 10, 11 etc, they come out of that cocoon at the age of 32, 34, 36 etc with pretty much everything done for them. They get told where to go, what to eat, where to invest their money, what to drink what to avoid. They miss a load of their formative years that other street wise kids would get. They go in as a boy, they come out as boy in a mans body.

Of course most of us would give our right nut to play for our boy hood club and take probably half the trappings that go with it. That still does not mean if you earn X you should not suffer from depression or anxiety or other mental health issues. I earn an alright wage, better than some of my mates but does that mean I am immune from mental health issues, far from it. Money, material things, it's all short term happiness. Countless footballers either piss away or gamble away their fortune because they DONT know how to cope with the problems the man on the street would take in his stride.

I remember reading an interview somewhere, sure it was about Rio Ferdinand. On retiring from football, he went on his first family holiday and was daunted at the prospect of going to the airport and through passport control as he had never had to do it. An adult of 36 stressed because he didn't have a clue about the airport routine.

While I agree it's hard to sympathise with somebody who has a relatively better lifestyle and quality of living and plenty of cash in the bank whilst on the face of it not putting the effort in, it still does not make them immune from mental health issues.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's suddenly gone from being the golden boy at United, lauded for his off field activities, into the center for a whole list of insults (not to mention the disgusting shite he had to put up with after the Euros).
It's sudden, but not unexpected. There's a bunch of right wing dipshits that have been waiting to turn on him. After all, it's their money they're using to feed other people's poor kids. And he made their beloved leader look like a fool.

2 reasons why I would love him if he went on to score an OG each game for the rest of the season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's sudden, but not unexpected. There's a bunch of right wing dipshits that have been waiting to turn on him. After all, it's their money they're using to feed other people's poor kids. And he made their beloved leader look like a fool.

2 reasons why I would love him if he went on to score an OG each game for the rest of the season.
:lol:

Withnail

As someone with a chronic mental illness I disagree. It's not insulting at all. Someone with a mental illness doesn't care that people speculate others might have one if they're performing poorly at their job. If anything that increases societies awareness of how they can affect people and if I'm ever struggling increased awareness means increased leeway, which is exactly what people with mental illnesses sometimes need.

Why is it disingenuous to speculate that he has a mental health issue when we don't have a clue, but okay to just say he's lazy, shit, spoiled, demotivated etc etc when we don't have a clue of that either. They're all possibilities. We don't have a clue about any of them.

I don't know why other posters on here can't approach the issue of Marcus' form with compassion. Nobody needs to log on here and say he's lazy etc etc and needs to be sold/dropped etc. Nothing negative people post here is going to make him play better. The people in the club close to the issue will deal with it, and there's nothing posting here can do to sway the situation.

But if people are posting shit online about him and he DID have a mental issue, that could be actively damaging. I just see no reward to posting negative stuff at all. I don't understand why people need to continuously give out about another person on a public forum. We all know his form is bad. What more needs to be added?
Good Post.

James Peril

Horrible post OP. The whole assumption of him being «mentally fecked or depressed» is very 2022 thing to say, that bad performance is automatically linked to mental health. You suck at your job, ah must be depression, can’t be that you’re lazy as hell or just crap at it. I can just as easily jump to him having bad habits, that he is a spoiled, rich brat with too much money and lack of focus for his day job. He isn’t willing to put down the extra miles and the effort needed to be as good as he could be, he deserves no sympathy at all. He earns twice your yearly wage in a fecking week, yet some bloke on the internet says he must be depressed or struggling with mental health. Why!?

The truth lies somewhere, either in the middle or towards the two extremes. Automatically branding him as struggling with mental health is a huge insult to those actually struggling with it every day.

Withnail

When a player talks about mental problems, pressure, blames others, etc in that moment if i were the manager i would look inmediately for a way to sell him.

Elite clubs dont have to deal with this nonsense. Elite clubs have winners, strong mentality persons.

Players with these issues should retire and start hiring professionals so they can get better.

The board, owners should have a player policy so the club can get rid of these people right away.
I'm glad you're not on the board and I hope you're not in any kind of management position in your career.

The idea that elite clubs wouldn't assist a player who was struggling mentally just as they would if they had a broken ankle is laughable.

Do you realise how callous you sound?

BlueHaze

The abuse is well ott and I could never condone it but it makes me laugh how these threads only pop up for certain players. Pogba, amongst others has been relentlessly abused by our fanbase for years with little regard for his mental health, Martial too yet I don’t see them defended as vehemently.
Why should anyone show any sympathy to this guy with his prick agent whom since 2017 have been flirting with every top club in europe and at the same time constantly ridiculed and bashed the club along the way? Not once has Pogba come out and apologized for his clown agent and his imbecile comments.

He's already on insane wages and has had a fat contract that will pay even more on the table for years but doesn't want to renew and will likely end up leaving on a free once again. And you wonder why he is getting abused? If you act like a prick expect to be treated like one.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I mean I'm a big fan of Rashford, but part of what comes with being a high profile player for one of the world's biggest clubs is that you're there to get scrutinised and you'll get scrutinised against very high standards which very few players can actually reach...and not only that but the better you get the higher the standard that's expected. Rooney for example almost got cut down at times by the fact he could be absolutely brilliant, so an average performance would be treated like an awful one.

Rashford hasn't been playing well for a long time. It's obvious he's capable of better so there's the double sword of underperforming in a struggling team and underperforming to the standards people know he is capable of. This is just part of the pressure of high profile sport.

Some of the shite he gets on social media and in the media in general goes beyond that but frustrated comments from fans I don't think do as it's nothing new or unique to him...and he doesn't help himself when he waves his arms around and looks like he's sulking. I want to feel sorry for him and believe there's more to it but if that was Pogba for example doing the same thing I wouldn't have much patience for it at all, so if anything I'm probably being easier on Rashford.

I do think it comes down a lot to poor management. If someone is not doing well you take them out of the firing line to a) help give them room to breathe and get their head together and b) make it clear to them and every other player that you expect better and won't just pick people on reputation. We haven't done this with Rashford. We've run him into the ground 2 years in a row then insisted on continuously playing him in a position we know he isn't very good in, all while he's been taking in greater pressure and attention off the pitch...and then we wonder why his confidence and motivation is shot to pieces. So I can emphasise with him greatly...but I also think there's no point pretending he's playing well or his performances are above criticism, or not recognising that he needs to be doing certain things better.

OL29

Why should anyone show any sympathy to this guy with his prick agent whom since 2017 have been flirting with every top club in europe and at the same time constantly ridiculed and bashed the club along the way? Not once has Pogba come out and apologized for his clown agent and his imbecile comments.

He's already on insane wages and has had a fat contract that will pay even more on the table for years but doesn't want to renew and will likely end up leaving on a free once again. And you wonder why he is getting abused? If you act like a prick expect to be treated like one.
Football is never that deep to be personally abusing people you’ve never even met. It’s that simple for me. Don’t dish it out to one player then complain about people doing the same to others, it’s hypocritical no matter what you think of said player.

BlueHaze

Football is never that deep to be personally abusing people you’ve never even met. It’s that simple for me. Don’t dish it out to one player then complain about people doing the same to others, it’s hypocritical no matter what you think of said player.
Yes but whats abuse does he even get? A few boos from minor sections now and then? If you mean things written on forums or twitter I can guarentee you he's most likely not even reading them and if he does he won't give 2 fecks. He's in Dubai living the dream.

Wheato

RASHFORD BENT OVER GASPING FOR BREATH 15 MINUTES INTO THE MATCH.

LONG COVID. DEFFO

WHY AM I SHOUTING?

OL29

Yes but whats abuse does he even get? A few boos from minor sections now and then? If you mean things written on forums or twitter I can guarentee you he's most likely not even reading them and if he does he won't give 2 fecks. He's in Dubai living the dream.
He gets racially abused regularly, he’s been abused by our own fans in the stadium, countless comments on social media, even the media pile in on him regularly. Even if he doesn’t read it first hand, he certainly hears about it, and although I don’t know if it impacts him or not, he’s still human and doesn’t deserve to be subjected to it over a sport.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He gets racially abused regularly, he’s been abused by our own fans in the stadium, countless comments on social media, even the media pile in on him regularly. Even if he doesn’t read it first hand, he certainly hears about it, and although I don’t know if it impacts him or not, he’s still human and doesn’t deserve to be subjected to it over a sport.
It's the price to pay for earning 200k a week, that you have no private life and will get abused by fans if you mess up.

Sure the working class don't get abused by random people, but they do get kicked from their job if they mess up things, and it's fair to say they don't earn 200K per week either.

It sucks, but it's the way it has always been for famous people, they know there are cons for earning a lot of money sometimes just by showing your pretty face on a screen...while there are people working 10-12 hours just to make ends meet.

BlueHaze

Yes I agree about the cnuts who are racist on social media they are cretins of the highest order anyway no one gives a shit about them, they are equal to a dog turd under you shoe. But our home and away fans rarely give him any abuse at all.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Yes I agree about the cnuts who are racist on social media they are cretins of the highest order anyway no one gives a shit about them, they are equal to a dog turd under you shoe. But our home and away fans rarely give him any abuse at all.
That's because most of the racial abuse Rashford, and Saka as well, received on his social media (after missing their pen at the Euro) came from Twitter/Instagram accounts from Asia.

Denis79

If you act like this I promise you that you win nothing. That's where the mercenaries go. If your fellow co-workers are treated like shit by the company you'll treat the company the same way back. Happy workers will give you that extra 10%. Talking from experience as a worker and employer.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This should stop being the barometer of abuse.

Even mother theresa got abused on the internet. It's the internet.

If he's racially abused at old trafford then it's an issue. You really cant expect twitter to be civilized.

And every other celebrity from gordon ramsay, boris johnson, semenya etc got abused on twitter or facebok or youtube comment section.

If that's the justification for sulking might as well quit your job

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You mean like thinking they are immune to personal struggles because of money?
I mean like we dont give a shit what our barrister at starbucks are having problems with. If they fail to brew a coffee to a standard they got criticised. Doing so for a whole long year they got the boot.

Do you have this kind of lenient if it's the taxi driver broken down during your trip? Or that lady in the front office breaking down causing works to piled up because she fails to mail them on time and causing company loss a substantial amount of profit?

Double standard. This is not about giving rashford hardtime. This is actually asking people to give him more leeway because you happens to like the dude

For what its worth if that lady broke down due to personal problem once a year I'd tolerate it and give her a dinner treat to make her feel better. But if it's happening every fortnite then I'd want her to feck off. Oh.. but she's fit... maybe we should let her work her mood back, whatever she needs.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just f*ck these supporters.

As long as its a player I'm personally willing to support - I hope they are here making the hating supporters life harder. Game by game, season by season.

It's the only way I realise I can support United and its players without feeling depressed at how our fans can talk about its players, talking about the cost of a player, talking about the contract of a players when the majority of the fan base haven't payed for a single match at Old Trafford and yet they cry like it's their money and their right for things to go their way. Crying like they know football, like they could be better, like they could find better players with ease because of the time they spend watching footballing streaming illegally on the computer screen. One minute they are crying at about how we haven't had a good manager or good coaches or good tactics in a decade and then they are blaming players for not progressing either - the way people are starting to talk about Greenwood and others are disgusting.

Then there is the aspect where all these fans believe that they do nothing wrong. Like they haven't ruined the club. I remember how 90% of redcafe was crying for Jose Mourinho. Should the fans not be blamed for those consequences and those failures? It's your fault, just as much as it was the Glazers. Crying for us to sign Greizmann for over 100mil and then when he fails everyone goes quiet like they never wanted him in the first place.

There is a part of me that wouldn't mind United going through a whole decade or two without trophies; turning to a Liverpool or Arsenal which are clubs that slowly had to look at itself in the mirror and realise it is not big as it is; whilst our club is deluded constantly talking about how we are the biggest club in the world when that is so far from the truth and always was. I would like for us to fail as a club more and watch the voice of the fan base go down because no matter what they think or want to do - it doesn't happen because they do not control the club well enough either, mistake after mistake coming from their stinky mouth or they dirty fingertips. They are just puppets in a 90,000 stadium - and most are not even that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some people cannot differentiate between a suggestion made and a full blown fact stated.
I don't think anyone has ever said with any certainty that Rashford is feeling depressed so I don't understand the posters who take this possiblity as an assertion and laugh at it straightaway.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

The state of this :lol: You mix so many subjects and put them as if they're about the same.
One can have mental problems, feel pressure without putting the blame on other people, without it using as an excuse.
Is this what we're becoming as a fanbase ? The frustration of having a poor team for years has broken people's ability to use common sense

Swordsman

Doubt any of us can survive 18 months while performing poorly on the job, mostly likely to be sacked before the 3 months pronation is over.