United Hour - Lads, it's Tottenham: Preseason Edition

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

Mark @Stobzilla is joined by Ed @That'sHernandez and Ashwin @AR87 to look back at United's unblemished preseason and analyze how the squad has gelled together before discussing what else United need to get done to strengthen the squad before the transfer window closes.

Podomatic (stream or download):
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/redcastpod/episodes/2019-07-29T06_01_41-07_00

Shiva87

Fun podcast. Thankfully one of the few places where its not all doom and gloom at United. I thought it was quite an objective discussion,

VanGaalyTime

Great work boys! Good listen. I agree that the youngsters have been the most impressive part of our pre-season (along with Wan-Bissaka). The debate regarding Jones and Smalling was fun. Gun to my head, I'd say Smalling. And then pull the trigger.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Im with you @Stobzilla, id take Jones over Smalling anyday - such a shame he's a massive sicknote, was great when he first signed but never developed due to injury

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
@Damien - Can we has our lovely banner please :D

Im with you @Stobzilla, id take Jones over Smalling anyday - such a shame he's a massive sicknote, was great when he first signed but never developed due to injury
I knew you would agree.

Fun podcast. Thankfully one of the few places where its not all doom and gloom at United. I thought it was quite an objective discussion,
There is literally no point in getting stressed out about football to the point where it affects you like most people seem to be doing this summer. Or deliberately going on the wind up about our club despite being a Forest fan a couple of years ago. No names.

Shiva87

@Damien - Can we has our lovely banner please :D

I knew you would agree.

There is literally no point in getting stressed out about football to the point where it affects you like most people seem to be doing this summer. Or deliberately going on the wind up about our club despite being a Forest fan a couple of years ago. No names.
:lol::lol::lol:

He is definitely getting a lot of 'views', and making tons of money! At least, the club is lining the pockets of some non-Glazers... Honestly - the wind up nature of his stuff is the one reason I haven't watched anything he has put out in over a year.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Hey guys, any chance to have this on TuneIn? It's my preferred platform for radio and podcasts, searched for United Hour but coudln't find it. No worries if it's not possible, I'll look for another way to listen.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Hey guys, any chance to have this on TuneIn? It's my preferred platform for radio and podcasts, searched for United Hour but coudln't find it. No worries if it's not possible, I'll look for another way to listen.
Search "United Hour" on Spotify, it is available on there.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I have requested us to be added to it. In the mean time, you can listen to us on Spotify or directly from PodOmatic.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Spotify not available in my country. Fingers crossed for the add on TuneIn soon but while waiting I guess I’ll try out with Podomatic.
I think we are on most pocast apps nowadays, had not heard of TuneIn before. I use Castbox android app for my podcast subscriptions - sends notifications of new episodes.
As well as Podomatic (who host the show and feed it elsewhere), we are also on iTunes (or whatever it's called now), Spotify and Google Podcasts

Used to be on SoundCloud but had to let that die as it was too expensive.

Anyway, let us know your feedback after listening

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Will be recording the next episode tomorrow - will focus on expectations for the season, tactics, formations first XI etc

Fire away with any specific questions you would like us to cover

Møllemanden

I would like to hear your thoughts about the captaincy situation. Today Ole told us that Ashley Young will captain the side when he is in the starting 11. But how many games is he going to start?

In my opinion a captain needs certain attributes:

Have the respect of his teammates
High workrate
The ability to make a difference on the pitch
Being able to yell and delegate
Inspire and motivate when struggling

The way I see it we have no players that fits the Man Utd captain profile.

Discuss.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I would like to hear your thoughts about the captaincy situation. Today Ole told us that Ashley Young will captain the side when he is in the starting 11. But how many games is he going to start?

In my opinion a captain needs certain attributes:

Have the respect of his teammates
High workrate
The ability to make a difference on the pitch
Being able to yell and delegate
Inspire and motivate when struggling

The way I see it we have no players that fits the Man Utd captain profile.

Discuss.
Will discuss the captaincy situation for sure - has been an issue for years now.
I think Lindelof won the captain poll on here, but a bit early for him to get that kind of responsibility