United Hour Podcast - Back On Track? (NUFC Review / PSG Preview)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Join me, Ashwin @AR87 , @Raees and Jamie @Vault Dweller as we return to winning ways at St James' Park. We discuss Ole's team selection including the benching of Paul Pogba, a huge performance from Harry Maguire and some lovely goals, before looking ahead to a hectic schedule and our long-awaited return to Champions League action vs Paris St Germain

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Even though I’m Ole in still find it perplexing when there is an argument put forward as to Ole having a distinct brand of football. Obviously he prefers a counter attack style but most top teams have the ability to be lethal on counter whilst also establishing a front foot dominating style of play. It shouldn’t be an either or situation.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As stated on the Pod, I'm desperate to see a three behind the striker of Bruno/VDB/Mata, especially against teams that sit in against us. I think it could be very exciting and useful at breaking teams down.

AR87

Even though I’m Ole in still find it perplexing when there is an argument put forward as to Ole having a distinct brand of football. Obviously he prefers a counter attack style but most top teams have the ability to be lethal on counter whilst also establishing a front foot dominating style of play. It shouldn’t be an either or situation.
We went 14 matches unbeaten at the end of last season. I think we definitely have a style of play which was established in the business end of last season people have decided isn't a style of play because we made a poor start to the season and our transfer window fell well short of expectations.

Is it perfect? No. Is Ole the most brilliant manager in coaching attacking patterns? No. I do think we've seen clear progress made in establishing a front foot style of play though, although there's much work to be done.