United Hour Podcast - Going Blank Again (Chelsea & Sociedad)

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
In this episode our dynamic, dynamite duo of Nik (@Rood) and Jamie (@Vault Dweller) discuss a couple of predictable draws, talk about penalties or the lack thereof and question VAR once again! They wonder what the ref might have said to Maguire, chat about Greenwood up front and talk about United being involved in too many nil-nils with creating and scoring being a problem. The lads look forward to the City and Palace matches and discuss players who are unlucky not to get more game time. They talk about Amad, Shola and our youth/loan players who are looking good and getting game time. Our delightful duet finish up discussing Shaw's improvement and how using our squad correctly could be vital in a season-defining March. Enjoy the show!

https://share.transistor.fm/s/219f3671

Also please share, tweet, follow and all that good stuff
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/united-hour/id902792476
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unitedhour/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/UnitedHour

Don't forget to visit https://uk.manscaped.com/?redirect=1 and get 20% off plus Free Shipping when you use the code UNITEDHOUR - Don't miss out!

nikineil

For a start, can we go back to the original title track please? It gives me, personally, a good reminder of the better times. :(

Fantastic pod again. I think Matic was injured in the warm up, might be why he didn't play. I think the lack of goal scoring directly correlates to Cavani being injured. There were so many runs that could have been made, that were not by Greenwood. Did not think Rashford had a very good game today and Bruno was, as you lads mentioned, marked out of the game. I would love to see changes made for the Crystal Palace game like VdB and Amad (optimistic). But more often than not, we crap the bed against Palace and Zaha always ends up game raising.

City at the weekend though, should be a good game. But Dias and Stones are seemingly formidable in the back and City have barely conceded any. Our forwards can't afford to be as wasteful as we generally are and would have to be far more clinical.

mckenic

Unfortunately no as we dont own or have permission to use the old track and for the future dont want to get into any legal hot water or copyright strikes. I do love the old intro too personally but some folks were also becoming frustrated with the length of it before the Pod began (?!?!?).

So I *think* episode 101 was the right time to try something different but Im no expert on the history or copyright issues and someone might chime in who is more knowledgeable.

But - thank you for the listen and comments - much appreciated!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
For a start, can we go back to the original title track please? It gives me, personally, a good reminder of the better times. :(
As mentioned by @mckenic (who does some great work on the editing and has been working on a new intro for the podcast), we had to change it. YouTube had flagged up copyright issues with the intro music ages ago but we barely use YouTube so werent that bothered, but recently Spotify also threatened to remove the show if we didnt change it so we had no choice as we get a lot of listens from there

This was the old tune that caused the problems in case you are missing it

We have tried a short and sweet intro on this episode as there had been a few recommendations to cut it and get straight into the chat - we could go back to a longer one with either recent commentary or the same historic stuff. Interested in feedback from anyone about that

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I liked the old one more but hey we need to get accustomed to the new one.
And you preferred it due to the music or the classic commentary? We are still thinking about new commentary moments vs classic and how long the intro should be, background music etc

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
And you preferred it due to the music or the classic commentary? We are still thinking about new commentary moments vs classic and how long the intro should be, background music etc
I think the whole intro was very elegant and smart. The music in the background evoked good vibes ad the selection of classic moments was just spot on. Whoever put all these parts all these parts together did a good damn job. How long should be intro? In my case long enough to fasten my seat belts and put the gearbox into D ;)... i don't think it should be very short though. For me it should be sort of a foreplay...just long enough to get you into the right mood.

Sunny Jim

Much appreciated, thanks! I sometimes worry that I may speak with too much passion :D
Your Scottish accent reminds me of good times back in Edinburgh....anyhow, if there was anything to get excited about in that Chelsea game that pen incident was defentivelly that moment.

PS I'm looking forward to listening to podcast after the Palace game :D considering how bad the 2nd half was it will be a joy to listen

Vault Dweller

Your Scottish accent reminds me of good times back in Edinburgh....anyhow, if there was anything to get excited about in that Chelsea game that pen incident was defentivelly that moment.

PS I'm looking forward to listening to podcast after the Palace game :D considering how bad the 2nd half was it will be a joy to listen
Did you stay in Edinburgh long? I love going through there, especially for the rugby. Fantastic city.

Haha I'm glad I wasn't on, I think I might have burst a blood vessel going on about the lack of ANYTHING in the game.

Sunny Jim

Did you stay in Edinburgh long? I love going through there, especially for the rugby. Fantastic city.

Haha I'm glad I wasn't on, I think I might have burst a blood vessel going on about the lack of ANYTHING in the game.
I stayed there for my Uni, i absolute loved my time there. A wee city, everything was within walking distance. I stayed bottom of the Letih walk so i took me 10 minutes to walk to the sea. Princess St- 20 minute walk.
On a plus side students from all over the world, i even manged to date a Japanese girl.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think the whole intro was very elegant and smart. The music in the background evoked good vibes ad the selection of classic moments was just spot on. Whoever put all these parts all these parts together did a good damn job. How long should be intro? In my case long enough to fasten my seat belts and put the gearbox into D ;)... i don't think it should be very short though. For me it should be sort of a foreplay...just long enough to get you into the right mood.
cheers for the feedback - our original intro was made by @Amethyst who did some great work for the pod in the early days but he disappeared without trace a few years back unfortunately

I prefer the classic commentary as well actually so maybe it will come back

ICYMI the post Palace pod is out: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-hour-podcast-what-the-fog.461253/

Vault Dweller

I stayed there for my Uni, i absolute loved my time there. A wee city, everything was within walking distance. I stayed bottom of the Letih walk so i took me 10 minutes to walk to the sea. Princess St- 20 minute walk.
On a plus side students from all over the world, i even manged to date a Japanese girl.
Aye it's a very diverse city. As I say I love going through for the rugby, always a tremendous day out through there.