United Hour Podcast - Day Bright Robbery

Null and Void (Lockdown Part II)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Finally got round to recording another lockdown podcast - myself and @Raees battle through the horror of the football-free zone that is lockdown to discuss how the authorities may go about revising the football calendar, the virtues of South Korea's K League and our favourite classic United games from happier times.

Nik also masterminds a plot in which the Scousers are robbed of their first title in three decades while he can still claim victory in the fantasy league he's in with his mates.

Also some chat on player contracts with Pogba, Ighalo and Gomes all up for discussion

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Some of the games we mention include the 4-3 v Real Madrid, Roma 7-1 and that night in Turin...

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ye too long since the last one!
Let us know your feedback - maybe we will have an actual match to report on next month
:lol:

Fingers crossed mate. I've just finished downloading the pod so will be listening to it while working from home today, will post some feedback for sure :)

nikineil

Finally got round to answering this one!
Thank you thank you! Finally got around to completing this podcast. Another superb effort by you boys. Fascinating list of game. Loved the reference to the Blackburn game. Was well before my time as a united fan (started in 1999). Hard to argue with any of the matches you guys talked about. The 7-1 against Roma, the 4-3 against Madrid are all up there.

For me though, I'd like to add the 8-2 demolition of Arsenal, and, for some weird reason, the 1-3 win against Arsenal more recently, with de Gea pulling off those wonder saves.

Thank you so much for answering my question lads and looking forward to another podcast sooner please.

Vault Dweller

so what you reckon? Not sure if we should keep doing them at the moment or just wait under footy starts again
Sorry mate been so busy and keep getting distracted.

I thought it was a great episode again man but I appreciate the difficulties with how everything is just now. However, now being able to talk about the season resuming with the news this week about the PL / FA Cup / European football all being given the green light to resume.

I suppose the next big points of interest are next season. It seems like the players are going to get very little time between the seasons this year.

And feck Pool :nervous: :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Sorry mate been so busy and keep getting distracted.

I thought it was a great episode again man but I appreciate the difficulties with how everything is just now. However, now being able to talk about the season resuming with the news this week about the PL / FA Cup / European football all being given the green light to resume.

I suppose the next big points of interest are next season. It seems like the players are going to get very little time between the seasons this year.

And feck Pool :nervous: :lol:
No worries mate - before getting back to the normal podcasts with actual matches to discuss, we have one random episode just recorded last night with a United quiz from @Annihilate Now! , good fun to record but doesnt reflect well on any of us !

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Thank you thank you! Finally got around to completing this podcast. Another superb effort by you boys. Fascinating list of game. Loved the reference to the Blackburn game. Was well before my time as a united fan (started in 1999). Hard to argue with any of the matches you guys talked about. The 7-1 against Roma, the 4-3 against Madrid are all up there.

For me though, I'd like to add the 8-2 demolition of Arsenal, and, for some weird reason, the 1-3 win against Arsenal more recently, with de Gea pulling off those wonder saves.

Thank you so much for answering my question lads and looking forward to another podcast sooner please.
glad you liked it - I do like doing the reminiscing stuff, sometimes I think we should even focus on that rather than the usual match analysis since so many others do that anyway nowadays. As mentioned, next pod out soon and there is plenty of historic stuff in there.

In the meantime, here is a reminder of the Blackburn 1993 clip with some top work from @12OunceEpilogue to edit in the archive soundbites

Vault Dweller

No worries mate - before getting back to the normal podcasts with actual matches to discuss, we have one random episode just recorded last night with a United quiz from @Annihilate Now! , good fun to record but doesnt reflect well on any of us !
Haha looking forward to listening to that mate!

Now I have a laptop sorted out, hopefully I can join youse in a podcast one time.

#Footballisback (Spurs away)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
first episode of the restarted season with me, Colm and DavidG - obviously covering the Spurs game and general thoughts about the 'new normal' in the Premier League. Plus that Keano rant, our midfield & goalkeeping conundrums and Sheffield United preview.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Bit confused, latest podcast seems to be Nik and Reese; not Spurs post match?
Thanks for the heads up mate! I should have checked it myself but I think it is all sorted now anyway

Let me know if any issues and always happy to hear your feedback

GloryHunter07

Thanks for the heads up mate! I should have checked it myself but I think it is all sorted now anyway

Let me know if any issues and always happy to hear your feedback
I am outraged and want want my money back. ;)
Not finished it yet so may provide more feedback but a good pod. I think the knock on effect of Shaws bad positioning on Maguire has been underestimated. He had a huge space to his left to defend and was probably a bit rusty. Ultimately you defend as a unit, we made multiple mistakes and got punished. Hopefully we work on it and improve.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I am outraged and want want my money back. ;)
Not finished it yet so may provide more feedback but a good pod. I think the knock on effect of Shaws bad positioning on Maguire has been underestimated. He had a huge space to his left to defend and was probably a bit rusty. Ultimately you defend as a unit, we made multiple mistakes and got punished. Hopefully we work on it and improve.
Well Shaw does mess up but still a long way to go until it's a goal - as @Duafc mentioned on show, even AWB and Lindelof can do better so ye it is a collective feck up but for me Maguire should be the most embarrassed

Did a quick poll on Twitter on this

Tony Trio (Sheffield Utd & Norwich City)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
New episode now live! Myself and Colm (@Duafc), founding fathers of Football, Bloody Hell get back on the mic to look at the Sheffield United and Norwich City matches

Tell us who you disagree with and why, and let us know if you were listening back in the early FBH days and have stuck with it

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
New episode now live! Myself and Colm (@Duafc), founding fathers of Football, Bloody Hell get back on the mic to look at the Sheffield United and Norwich City matches

Tell us who you disagree with and why, and let us know if you were listening back in the early FBH days and have stuck with it
I was. I'll never forget the Falcao 'shiny bastard' rant, it's a pity nothing has come close in terms of pure visceral emotion in the UH days.

kirk buttercup

Really enjoyed last weeks episode . It was my first time to listen to it. Will definitely be listening in the future . Perfect Podcast for out walking the dog. Well done lads

Vault Dweller

Good listening again boys.

I did used to listen when you used to be called Football - Bloody Hell! I remember the arguments that used to break out over the particularly poor period we were having back then (mostly down to LvG) and listening to you guys had me hooked from the start. So I have been along for the ride ever since and enjoyed it all :)

Sheffield game - Marvellous hat trick from Martial. Agreed that due to the play of Bruno and Pogba that Martial can stay higher up the pitch and I think he could really benefit moving forward. Sheffield are really struggling but we were excellent and ruthless which was great to see. It should have been 4 or 5 really.

Pogba / Matic and Bruno are the starting three for me. Pogba has been awesome since the restart. Brilliant. I couldn't believe Martial nicked that effort off of him :lol: I love Bruno. End of.

Can understand making changes for the Norwich game but Bruno could do with a rest. Too many changes seemed to hurt us and we took ages to get going. After the goal, I thought we were getting a handle on the game but then more changes hurt us further. Moving forward, this should be Mata's last season really and Lingard needs punting, so so poor. I also thought Romero should have saved Cantwell's goal if I'm being honest. I have issues with Shaw at full back too and I have said as much in his thread. He leaves too much space defensively for me and I think he looks lost at times when attacking. I like AWB and I think he is getting better going foward. I do think we need a LB and I also think we need coaching for the flanks too, the point about Rashford or whoever not passing to Shaw when he goes past is a great point.

I think we need a starting centre half too. I like Bailly but I think he has got poorer (maybe a combination of injuries and confidence) and Lindelof isn't the answer either. No idea what's happening with Tuanzebe. I would get rid of Jones / Smalling / Lindelof and look to sign a starting centre back. I'm disappointed about the situation with Tuanzebe as well, I like the look of him but hopefully he overcomes and makes it here.

I think we will beat Brighton and Bournemouth too. 2-0 and 3-0.

Alock1

I was. I'll never forget the Falcao 'shiny bastard' rant, it's a pity nothing has come close in terms of pure visceral emotion in the UH days.
I am gutted that we have lost all our old episodes and they're no longer archived anywhere I must admit :(

I don't remember the Shiny Bastard rant :lol: who was that? It sounds like an Imran thing @Annihilate Now!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I am gutted that we have lost all our old episodes and they're no longer archived anywhere I must admit :(

I don't remember the Shiny Bastard rant :lol: who was that? It sounds like an Imran thing @Annihilate Now!
I think it may have been an @Amethyst text message/DM, could be wrong about that, but you read it out over the Ave Satani theme from The Omen and it was along the lines of 'you and your wife need to feck off out of our club, you're stealing vast sums of money for feck all'. I distinctly remember the 'shiny bastard' line :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Football, Bloody Hell listener checking in. Has it really been 7 years??

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think it may have been an @Amethyst text message/DM, could be wrong about that, but you read it out over the Ave Satani theme from The Omen and it was along the lines of 'you and your wife need to feck off out of our club, you're stealing vast sums of money for feck all'. I distinctly remember the 'shiny bastard' line :lol:
this Falcao rant?
https://chirb.it/4zdK6J

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
That's not the one I remember, but it's a good one. I'm starting to think I may have conflated elements of these two rants though. I can't be sure Alex's read-out was over music, as I could be thinking of Imran's, but why do I recall some kind of arresting horror theme like Ave Satani or Tubular Bells over Alex's voice? He definitely, 100% read something out about Falcao as I recall 'you shiny bastard' like it was yesterday :lol:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Football, Bloody Hell listener checking in. Has it really been 7 years??
I think 6 years but not quite sure what was the date of the very first episode

That's not the one I remember, but it's a good one. I'm starting to think I may have conflated elements of these two rants though. I can't be sure Alex's read-out was over music, as I could be thinking of Imran's, but why do I recall some kind of arresting horror theme like Ave Satani or Tubular Bells over Alex's voice? He definitely, 100% read something out about Falcao as I recall 'you shiny bastard' like it was yesterday :lol:
I have a vague memory of that now that you mention it

Alock1

Here's the post that was being quoted! I'm guessing the actual clip of us reading it out with the music is gone forever

Nothing could piss me off more than seeing this idiot walking around in his fashion clothes. Just look at those tight jeans with that iphone 6 shining through and that little yellow shopping bag probably worth more than what the average fan earn in a full year of HARD WORK. All my anger of this will eventually be projected on LVG if he don't get his FAT ASS up from the bench and send this piece of GARBAGE back to Monaco in a box before the end of this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm 100% sure this kind of treatment is what causes all these losses! Just imagine being the other guy who produce more than Falcao and still get to sit on the bench (Herrera, Mata, Januzaj ETC). THERE ARE PLAYERS WE'VE SENT AWAY THAT PRODUCED MORE THAN YOU EVER DID YOU SHINY BASTARD. Do you realise you're down there with the likes of Bellion, Miller, Djemba Djemba and all you do is post stuff on fecking twitter and walking around with your bought wife?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Original here - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/radamel-falcao-2014-15-performances.395918/page-192#post-17125693