United Hour Podcast - Ole, Jose, Poch

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
This week you get me, Colm @Duafc and @Raees going over the emotional rollercoaster of a match at Bramhall Lane.
Colm finally comes out of the 'Ole Out' closet and the discussion inevitably turns to Poch and Jose.
We then preview the United school trip to Astana and this weekend's visit of Aston Villa

Big thanks again to @12OunceEpilogue for the top editing job

Podomatic (stream or download): https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/redcastpod/episodes/2019-11-26T13_05_23-08_00
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6BKcIaN8Mcjg6v4iYLnCNY
iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/united-hour/id902792476
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Really enjoyed the podcast, nice to see a contrast of opinions on this one.

Shame there wasn't a mention for Rashford, his form continues and he's probably been the biggest bright spark of our season. I know a few of the people on the podcast have been very critical about him but he seems to have really made the jump everyone said he wasn't capable of. The assist and goal were crucial, he stepped up when the team needed him to.

SqueakyWeasel

Sorry haven't been around for a while lads, but I've had a few family things to deal with and … to be quite honest, I haven't felt much like adding to the feeling of gloom and doom surrounding the club by immersing myself in further negativity. Having said that I do feel quite guilty as the time and effort expended to produce and publish this deserves to be supported (through the bad times as well as the good).

I'm diving in!

EDIT:

Well, that was interesting, cheers guys! It was still pretty gloomy but I guess that's to be expected.

Was the Blue Chews thing serious … sounds more of a City thing to me!

Last edited:

ifightdragons

Really enjoyed the podcast, nice to see a contrast of opinions on this one.

Shame there wasn't a mention for Rashford, his form continues and he's probably been the biggest bright spark of our season. I know a few of the people on the podcast have been very critical about him but he seems to have really made the jump everyone said he wasn't capable of. The assist and goal were crucial, he stepped up when the team needed him to.
Making that "jump" means delivering consistently over a full season, not in a string of games here and there.

When Rashford makes 20+ goals and 10+ assists in a season, that's him making the jump. This is a base minimum of what you need from your strikers in any top team.

Right now he's good, yet very inconsistent over a period of games.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
@MyOnlySolskjaer Rashford got a lot of coverage on the.last 2 episodes and @Raees even admitted he had been overly harsh on him.
I fully expect him to hit that 20goal mark this season

@SqueakyWeasel good to have you back, do miss the feedback. And yes Blue Chew is a real advert! More aimed at our US listeners but will be launched in UK soon apparently, just wait until you hear the next ad - a product for shaving your balls :)

DVG7

Nice episode, that game on the weekend really was the epitomy of the last 6 years.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great that this has become such a regular thing - another top episode. Plenty of interesting topics, but I'm curious about Grealish. I've always just kind of not liked him, but I can't deny that he consistently wants the ball which is a trait alien to United players, he captains his team and is pretty fearless. Raees you might be onto something when you're saying his character type might fit better for us than Maddison. We definitely need players who want to take responsibility, it's been close to a decade since we had a team of more than a couple.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good listen as always. You really know your stuff @Duafc, I’m always impressed by your contribution.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Great that this has become such a regular thing - another top episode. Plenty of interesting topics, but I'm curious about Grealish. I've always just kind of not liked him, but I can't deny that he consistently wants the ball which is a trait alien to United players, he captains his team and is pretty fearless. Raees you might be onto something when you're saying his character type might fit better for us than Maddison. We definitely need players who want to take responsibility, it's been close to a decade since we had a team of more than a couple.
I think he’s an ideal Pogba replacement and a potential Gerrard like figure who can take it on his shoulder during this rebuild phase. Maddison for me is a better system player. But I do like them both.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
too late for a mention now - I was already offended at being left out last night
:wenger:
:lol:

It’s a really good dynamic though, it’s nice to hear some intelligent debate instead of people agreeing all the time.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
too late for a mention now - I was already offended at being left out last night
:wenger:
:lol:

I think he’s an ideal Pogba replacement and a potential Gerrard like figure who can take it on his shoulder during this rebuild phase. Maddison for me is a better system player. But I do like them both.
Yeah, I think I might get on board with this. But how much would they want for their captain? The figures mentioned for Maddison so far have been nothing short of crazy. I guess we'll get beaten by the fee we dished out for Maguire for any half decent English player from now on.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
@Bastian

My valuation is £40/50m Grealish - £50/60m Maddison

I'd prefer the later at this point in time, could be different by the summer

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@Bastian

My valuation is £40/50m Grealish - £50/60m Maddison

I'd prefer the later at this point in time, could be different by the summer
Those figures would represent something of a coup by Woodward and Judge, bearing in mind what we paid for Fred :D
I am a bit persuaded by Raees - we lack players who are willing to take responsibility, so that's a great box to tick. They both like to operate from the left drifting to the centre though, don't they?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Those figures would represent something of a coup by Woodward and Judge, bearing in mind what we paid for Fred :D
I am a bit persuaded by Raees - we lack players who are willing to take responsibility, so that's a great box to tick. They both like to operate from the left drifting to the centre though, don't they?
I think Grealish has shown himself to be more versatile this season as he played a deeper midfield role for a few weeks, I think that why @Raees is suggesting him as a Pogba replacement - being given the captain's armband at such a young age is big sign of maturity as well

Still Maddison seems further along in development at the moment but that's mostly because he's had an extra PL season