United Hour podcast - Villa bring the Hause down

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nik (@Rood) and Jamie (@Vault Dweller) dive into the doom and gloom of two back to back 1-0 defeats (West Ham in the Cup and Villa in the league) at Old Trafford. The lads take a look at what is going wrong at the moment, the concerning home form and how to improve before some big games in the week v Villareal and Everton.

Listen to the episode on our new hosting site, Sport Social! - https://podcast.sport-social.co.uk/podcast/united-hour/

Also please share, tweet, follow and all that good stuff
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/united-hour/id902792476
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manchesterunitedpodcast/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unitedhour/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/United_Hour
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/UnitedHour

Let us know what you think of the pod troops - agree or disagree on the points made? Questions for next week?

Thoughts on the games? Do you dislike West Ham as much as I do? Looking forward to the annual draw v Villareal?

Don't forget to visit https://uk.manscaped.com/?redirect=1 and get 20% off plus Free Shipping when you use the code UNITEDHOUR - Don't miss out!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I hope you guys will try to recruit more people, best to have at least 3 on the pod. Even if the third person wasn't as knowledgeable, it would be nice. Not me though!

Yorke to Cole

Listened to the cast and I am beginning to get the sense that the central defensive midfielder ìssue is becoming the ongoing theme as it is with many supporters. I would be intrigued to now know what Nic now thinks in regards to McTominay as in the past he felt that Declan Rice was "not worth the money quoted a day that McTominay was as good."

I did agree at one point, but I have watched a lot of McTominay and as Nic said his passing is not good enough.

I watched a lot of him last season and his passing is too safe and is not penetrative enough to progress our attacks. He is good in other areas such getting up and down the pitch and a decent scoring record but terms of getting hold of the midfield, he simply is not good enough.

Now that Camavinga has gone to Real Madrid, I would take Rice in a heart beat as he carries the ball so much better.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I hope you guys will try to recruit more people, best to have at least 3 on the pod. Even if the third person wasn't as knowledgeable, it would be nice. Not me though!
We do aim for 3 and sometimes have 4 (had 5 once and it was a mess) - but people chicken out when we lose!

Guests are welcome - anyone can drop one of us a DM to apply, need to have a decent mic at least.
We will line up some more outside guests like Dr Tom Crawford a couple of weeks ago

Listened to the cast and I am beginning to get the sense that the central defensive midfielder ìssue is becoming the ongoing theme as it is with many supporters. I would be intrigued to now know what Nic now thinks in regards to McTominay as in the past he felt that Declan Rice was "not worth the money quoted a day that McTominay was as good."

I did agree at one point, but I have watched a lot of McTominay and as Nic said his passing is not good enough.

I watched a lot of him last season and his passing is too safe and is not penetrative enough to progress our attacks. He is good in other areas such getting up and down the pitch and a decent scoring record but terms of getting hold of the midfield, he simply is not good enough.

Now that Camavinga has gone to Real Madrid, I would take Rice in a heart beat as he carries the ball so much better.
My opinion of Rice has gone up since keeping a closer eye on him - Id mostly seen him only for England when I thought he was decent but not a massive upgrade on what we have but have been more impressed with his passing range for West Ham

I dont think McT is fully fit yet so hasnt been great this season and I agree with your assesment (average passing, good engine and shot) - we said a few times that one of McFred is fine but a distinct lack of creativity in the central area when they both play. Matic and VdB are far superior on the ball - VdB needs to be given a chance in a double pivot before we splash out on Rice

croadyman

We do aim for 3 and sometimes have 4 (had 5 once and it was a mess) - but people chicken out when we lose!

Guests are welcome - anyone can drop one of us a DM to apply, need to have a decent mic at least.
We will line up some more outside guests like Dr Tom Crawford a couple of weeks ago

My opinion of Rice has gone up since keeping a closer eye on him - Id mostly seen him only for England when I thought he was decent but not a massive upgrade on what we have but have been more impressed with his passing range for West Ham

I dont think McT is fully fit yet so hasnt been great this season and I agree with your assesment (average passing, good engine and shot) - we said a few times that one of McFred is fine but a distinct lack of creativity in the central area when they both play. Matic and VdB are far superior on the ball - VdB needs to be given a chance in a double pivot before we splash out on Rice
Wahey Nic we actually agree on something but just got no confidence whatsoever of Ole playing him in the premier league when his beloved McFred are available, can honestly see him only featuring if either of those two are either suspended or injured.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Wahey Nic we actually agree on something but just got no confidence whatsoever of Ole playing him in the premier league when his beloved McFred are available, can honestly see him only featuring if either of those two are either suspended or injured.
Well even then he went for Matic ! Who has played pretty well in general TBF (poor Vs Soton though)

croadyman

Well even then he went for Matic ! Who has played pretty well in general TBF (poor Vs Soton though)
Yeah until Donny becomes higher than 4th choice in Ole's eyes he's never going to become a regular starter in this team

Beans

Supports
Neutral

Well I listen to them all either way, thanks for the content! You're very knowledgeable, and I enjoy your steady emotional state, important not to freak out after a bad result. That being said, we do want the problems brought up and addressed, no need to put on the rose tinted glasses.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Well I listen to them all either way, thanks for the content! You're very knowledgeable, and I enjoy your steady emotional state, important not to freak out after a bad result. That being said, we do want the problems brought up and addressed, no need to put on the rose tinted glasses.
Cheers for the feedback mate

Always like to look at the big picture and not knee jerk over 1 bad week

But Ole has been well backed this summer so it's time to deliver

Lyng

Great episode. Nice to hear you not shy away from questioning the tactics in the defeats, without resorting to the childish attacks on Ole we sometimes get here on the cafe.
Really enjoyable listen!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
You dont need to make a new episode. This one covers also the Everton game.
Although there is a lot of negativity today, this week was actually a vast improvement on last week !
A win and a draw isnt the end of the world TBF, but 1 point out of 6 in the league at OT is not good enough whichever way you look at it

Feel for you having to keep doing these after yet another tedious result and performance.
You must enjoy the gloomy ones ;)
Next pod will be recorded later today - win, lose or draw we will be here!

If anyone has any questions for the show then shout out

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I've a question.

If Pogba is allowed to leave, would we actually be solving a longstanding problem. Might it be a blessing in disguise?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I've a question.

If Pogba is allowed to leave, would we actually be solving a longstanding problem. Might it be a blessing in disguise?
New one had already been recorded by the time you posted

But we have discussed Pogba a fair bit and we had a quick vote amongst the podcasters on Pogba STICK/TWIST around a month ago and it was 50/50 - I personally said I want him to stay but he has to commit soon, would not be happy at all for him to be discussing deals with other clubs in the new year and still playing

Here is the new show anyway, also should be on the usual Apple, Spotify, Android apps etc with thread coming when @Vault Dweller gets round to it:
https://podcast.sport-social.co.uk/podcast/united-hour/