United Hour podcast - Where are the Signings? (Transfer talk & current expectations)

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I dunno about you guys, but the transfer muppet in me is starting to get frustrated and needs to be sated...

Nik(@Rood), Imran(@Annihilate Now!) and Colm(@Duafc) talk about the lack of incomings so far at Manchester United, what we're hoping to see transfer wise in the next few weeks (both in and out) and lay out what our current expectations are for Ten Hag's first season.

And as it's a three man pod, Imran's Stupid Game makes a long awaited return.

Listen to the episode on our new hosting site, Sport Social! - https://podcast.sport-social.co.uk/podcast/united-hour/ https://www.megaphone.fm/

Let us know what you think of the pod troops - agree or disagree on the points made? Questions for next week?

Hope you enjoy the pod guys, are any of you transfer muppets like Jamie? Are you feeling worried about the lack of movement so far?

Don't forget to visit https://uk.manscaped.com/?redirect=1 and get 20% off plus Free Shipping when you use the code UNITEDHOUR20 - Don't miss out!

Finally, please check out the Linktree link here for all our social media and other accompanying sites and links (Patreon here too!) https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
And as it's a three man pod, Imran's Stupid Game makes a long awaited return.

And this is a news ive been waiting for!
Still kicking myself for getting a couple of those wrong - getting wrong country for a city I've actually been to is especially poor !

Amir

One of you mentioned his disappointment as he hoped we'd go for players who are less known, the kind that Leicester buys and develops. Problem is, I think our best bet - by far - to find those players was Rangnick. With him gone and whatever's going on in our scouting department (Have we replaced Bout and Lawlor?), we're probably not best equipped to do that. Plus ETH seems to have his own list.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
One of you mentioned his disappointment as he hoped we'd go for players who are less known, the kind that Leicester buys and develops. Problem is, I think our best bet - by far - to find those players was Rangnick. With him gone and whatever's going on in our scouting department (Have we replaced Bout and Lawlor?), we're probably not best equipped to do that. Plus ETH seems to have his own list.
Totally agree - ETH has disbanded the whole transfer committee and just picking his own targets

I'm ok with that though

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Great pod guys, Colm used to be my favorite but now I want him banned after his admission that he watches Love Island.

Duafc

Village Lemon
It's because my wife something something...

Lyng

Next pod is out - thread coming later
Great episode as usual.

Personally I wish Ronaldo leaves.
The issue with Martial is that he is at his very best when he is the starter and he usually looses all momentum and mentality when someone is ahead of him.
Even if only pre season, what we have seen from Rashford, Martial and Sancho has been fantastic and I would be willing to bet a ton of money on that not working if Ronaldo is here.
I highly doubt we can just swap in Ronaldo for Martial and achieve the same level, especially given how much Martial has worked off the ball and set up the others. Ronaldo doesnt make that pass that lead to Sancho's goal.

If we go for a new striker we should go for Patrick Schick. Scored more than Haaland last season, is very smooth on the ball and is apparently a United fan. They have also signed the replacement for the future allready in Adam Hlozek.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Great episode as usual.

Personally I wish Ronaldo leaves.
The issue with Martial is that he is at his very best when he is the starter and he usually looses all momentum and mentality when someone is ahead of him.
Even if only pre season, what we have seen from Rashford, Martial and Sancho has been fantastic and I would be willing to bet a ton of money on that not working if Ronaldo is here.
I highly doubt we can just swap in Ronaldo for Martial and achieve the same level, especially given how much Martial has worked off the ball and set up the others. Ronaldo doesnt make that pass that lead to Sancho's goal.

If we go for a new striker we should go for Patrick Schick. Scored more than Haaland last season, is very smooth on the ball and is apparently a United fan. They have also signed the replacement for the future allready in Adam Hlozek.
I'd be very keen on Schick, failing that I actually think if Ronaldo left Toney could be a very useful player for us.

Lyng

I'd be very keen on Schick, failing that I actually think if Ronaldo left Toney could be a very useful player for us.
Absolutely and him and Eriksen working very well together last season could benefit us as well.