United Offer Loan Reprieve to Cash-Strapped Clubs

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Couldn't see this posted anywhere. Feel free to delete if it has.

Manchester United have waived the outstanding loan fees for three of their players — saving a trio of cash-strapped clubs a combined £130,000.

The Premier League side have told Hearts, who had taken goalkeeper Joel Pereira, Bolton Wanderers, who had borrowed midfielder Ethan Hamilton, and Burton Albion, who had brought in keeper Kieran O’Hara, that monies owed will not be called in.

In stark contract to what’s happening with Ighalo.

Utd have always come across as a club that do the right thing with smaller clubs and players - allowing players to leave at far below their value because it’s best for the individual. This is another example of acting in the right way.

compare this to Liverpool and spurs putting their non playing staff on furlough.

SirAF

Ageist
Nice one. 130k is also nothing to United and it buys good PR.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I like this thread, I vote it stays. We need some positive vibes around here. Absolutely class move by the club.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another positive PR move from us during this crisis. Much better than we'd have done 24 months ago.

Can't help but think how Real helped us post-Munich. These things stick with people and, although not the reason we should do anything, it's good to have a positive reputation.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Another positive PR move from us during this crisis. Much better than we'd have done 24 months ago.

Can't help but think how Real helped us post-Munich. These things stick with people and, although not the reason we should do anything, it's good to have a positive reputation.
You'd think, but wasn't it Southampton who refused to accept our offer for Bale only to accept Spurs a week later?

It's a great gesture from the club, but it wont make any club think twice about pulling our trousers down regarding transfers etc (see Bournemouth with King).

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You'd think, but wasn't it Southampton who refused to accept our offer for Bale only to accept Spurs a week later?

It's a great gesture from the club, but it wont make any club think twice about pulling our trousers down regarding transfers etc (see Bournemouth with King).
This isn't a move for the clubs, it's a move for public perception, old fasioned decency, and a excellent bone to the sponsors.

I don't understand how the greedy feckers that run this club are managing to do the right thing time and again during this crisis. Has somebody kidnapped Woodward and is wearing his face?

Bwuk

We should probably be paying Hearts for how bad Periera was.

Based Adnan

Tbf with Bournemouth we approached them on deadline for their star player who could be the difference between staying in the prem and relegation. Any club would have put an inflated fee in that deal.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Tbf with Bournemouth we approached them on deadline for their star player who could be the difference between staying in the prem and relegation. Any club would have put an inflated fee in that deal.
That's a good point, I thought we approached King/Bournemouth before deadline day which resulted in us having to get Ighalo on deadline day.

@Tom Cato I see where you're coming from, and I would rather us do it than not, but I dont think it makes much difference to sponsors etc - if that were the case Liverpool would struggle to get any sort of sponsorship after their conduct over the years.