Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Never imagined he would go Arsenal
Neither. Change has happened quickly.

Not that I think we would be as successful, but it reminds me of the turnaround of Liverpool under Klopp.

They went from being seen as also rans with a poor squad to a Premier League and CL winning side, with a good culture and a fairly unique game plan.

We were in a similar position. The club had been turned around through some smart signings over recent years, and now we are in a position where we can spend big on players that a few years ago we'd have had absolutely no chance in signing.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

The clips used :lol:

Stacks

The money for English players is insane considering we aren't the best footballing nation with many world XI calibre players but I guess they more likely to stick around

Robertd0803

Seems a bizarre delay at this point. Shame we cant jump in and steal him it would be comical.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I wonder what the delay actually is about. We had to max out all the cards?

El-Manos

Kind of reminds me of shopping in Harrods at Christmas. I usually do a runner once they scan the item.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I thought they had already signed him. Weird. Wonder what the delay is. Saw someone calling Caicedo better, which is pretty much nonsense after one top flight season. Rice is a top, top player. He’ll be a huge upgrade for Arsenal, assuming they get the deal over the line.

meninred

it is the structue of the payment. West ham wants as much money as possible upfront instead of installements throughout the contract which is common.
as for the footballing side he reminds me Michael Carrick.

Glorio

Saw a clip, he's hanging out with Bruno on hols, they're training together with some other Portuguese players which is so random.

This ship has sailed Agent Bruno!

Mr PG

He will never justify his fee will he. Reminds me of the time the collective English media were admonishing man utd for not paying £110m for Jadon Sancho. Just pay the money they said. I warned at the time. £73m was more palatable but in hindsight still seems a tad rich.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
West Ham clearly pissed of with our delaying has decided to announce it themselves. Don't think there's 1 mention of where hes went. Probably caught our media team still in bed! :D
Moyes’ statement felt quite cold towards Rice, feeling the need to mention that no one is bigger than the club.

gajender

Caicedo had a decent season but he’s nowhere near Rice level
I also don't believe he is but he does have one thing going for him He already plays for highly progressive team and doesn't look out of place where as Rice would need to adjust and show he is upto the task it's a slight risk but I believe he has enough talent to make that leap .

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
I also don't believe he is but he does have one thing going for him He already plays for highly progressive team and doesn't look out of place where as Rice would need to adjust and show he is upto the task it's a slight risk but I believe he has enough talent to make that leap .
Yes don’t get me wrong would love him at Utd and he is a real talent but to say he is a better player than Rice at the moment is wrong.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Shame, he will be regarded as a flop for ultimately going to a club that has limited to no success. Would have loved him to improve, be a captain that leads an English club to 1 or 2 Cls whilst improving England nt too.

Ten Hag looked just as good as Artetas 3 year built team in less than a year.

Arsenal seem like a regular top 4 club now buying flops of the succesful clubs like Zinchenko, Jesus, Havertz, Odegaard and maybe even Partey, looking more like a rebuilt good team than a great one like Klopps Liverpool or Peps City.

I do wonder what will happen to Arteta if he misses out in the CL next year,
seems unlikely but not impossible too and Rice chose such a move when Arsenal didnt achieve anything of notice except an notice of impr0vement.

Ten hag got 3rd, 2 cup finals & a semi final in less than a year & just 1 transfer window. Madness the different in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.