Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
This guy is so Arsenal bound. Fact he is wants to stay in London and play CL football. Partey has played himself out of favour, and given he is 30 this season with recurring injury problems, as well as ehh....that thing, means we are looking for a replacement. Partey will remain & be an option from the bench.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This guy is so Arsenal bound. Fact he is wants to stay in London and play CL football. Partey has played himself out of favour, and given he is 30 this season with recurring injury problems, as well as ehh....that thing, means we are looking for a replacement. Partey will remain & be an option from the bench.
Does your fanbase want Rice or Caicedo?

dinostar77

I think Rice is Arsenal-bound. We may get Mount and Rabiot though. Makes perfect sense as we already have Casemiro.
Agree, his preference seems to be arsenal and you cant blame him. Though i would love for him to be at utd.

Would like rabiot on a free, also hes ledt footed which makes it easier for him to switch play out to the right flank.

Like most on here, not convinced by mason mount. But if as reported ETH wants a "mobile" no8, then it makes sense.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Agree, his preference seems to be arsenal and you cant blame him. Though i would love for him to be at utd.

Would like rabiot on a free, also hes ledt footed which makes it easier for him to switch play out to the right flank.

Like most on here, not convinced by mason mount. But if as reported ETH wants a "mobile" no8, then it makes sense.
Yeh the more we think of it, the more sense it make. Besides, with Mount in his last year of contract, and Rabiot on free transfer, we could have our midfield 3 well covered for now: Casemiro+Eriksen+Bruno (first choice), Rabiot/Fred/Mainoo+Mount/Mejbri (rotation/backup), and saving our much needed funds on buying those more expensive CFs (ie Kane, Hojlund) and covers for other positions (ie RB, CB, GK)

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Bayern Munich win leagues, guarantee CL football every year, usually go very deep in the competition and occasionally win it. Tuchel is a CL winning manager.

That's in line with Rice's sporting ambitions.

Only a couple of clubs in England can match that package and there's no sign of them bidding yet.

dinostar77

Bayern Munich win leagues, guarantee CL football every year, usually go very deep in the competition and occasionally win it. Tuchel is a CL winning manager.

Only a couple of clubs in England can match that package and there's no sign of them bidding yet.
If he really has ambition, he should go to bayern over arsenal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bayern won't stump up the amount West Ham will ask for surely.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They are hardly going to spend what West Ham are looking to get, are they?

In terms of United. I'm getting round to the idea of Mount, especially if ETH and co. think there is no one ready-made target in the FDJ mould available. That being said, of the two, I'd prefer Rice as we simply cannot allow our midfield to be wide open as it has been when Casemiro is either suspended or out of form. And we'll have a pretty dense schedule next season with more meaningful matches too. I really like Rice's versatility and I think he's quite underrated by many on here. An obvious future England captain.

If Fred is gaining interest as well as McTominay the sensible thing is to offload both and get in two midfielders. Hopefully we can shift Donny as well and promote of the youngsters to the first team fold (Mejbri).

VWW

while I agree with all of that I somehow just dont think Bayern will stump up £100m. Its going be to an english club....were the only ones foolish enough to spend that.

saivet

Bayern won't stump up the amount West Ham will ask for surely.
They might get a good sell on clause though and at Bayern there's a good chance he gets sold to the PL for a big fee at some point.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think he has a year left on his contract next season so they're probably hoping for a free more than anything. Bayern don't really pay silly money for players.
He'l be on the move this summer with Arsenal + us making moves for him

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
As it stands, Rice has two years left on his deal, incl a one year option.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Bayern won’t pay 90-100 mil £ for anyone.
I would also guess that Rice’s priority is to stay in the Premier League.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
Bookmakers are cheering these Bayern rumours. The indication is Rice doesn't want to leave London, but supposedly he wants to move to Bavaria in Germany.

No way will Bayern spend that much money for a player who could struggle to settle in such foreign surroundings.

He is Arsenal bound. Rice and Odegaard will form the basis of the Arsenal midfield next season, and seasons ahead

aeh1991

In either case, people will start blaming the club when he makes an impact on Arsenal's or Bayern's team after claiming he is overrated. Rarely seen a player with that much leadership, he just has that SAF-era United player's attitude. Would love to see him here.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
In either case, people will start blaming the club when he makes an impact on Arsenal's or Bayern's team after claiming he is overrated. Rarely seen a player with that much leadership, he just has that SAF-era United player's attitude. Would love to see him here.
Agreed, if you could sell Fred and McT and buy Rice and Mount it would be a great bit of business

GueRed

Players like Rice and Kane the profile of players Fergie definitely would've gone in for.

We were 'the' top club in England at the time. Now there are quite a few mor£

Blackwidow

Bookmakers are cheering these Bayern rumours. The indication is Rice doesn't want to leave London, but supposedly he wants to move to Bavaria in Germany.

No way will Bayern spend that much money for a player who could struggle to settle in such foreign surroundings.

He is Arsenal bound. Rice and Odegaard will form the basis of the Arsenal midfield next season, and seasons ahead

They know how much he will cost...

Crimson King

I think we just need a striker too much to justify what Rice would cost this summer.

We need to get the squad to a point where it just needs one big signing every year to keep it competitive, but the recruitment has been so bad it'll be a while before we ever get to that point.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
When was the last time a top English player in their prime chose to move to the Bundesliga? I'm very much intrigued by the possibility of this transfer.

Bondi77

If he really has ambition, he should go to bayern over arsenal.
I do not see much ambition in playing every weekend in a league for the team that has to be the shortest priced to win it in all the top leagues in Europe.
Guaranteed Champs league is a given but the Premier League is where it is all at at the moment.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Your posts make me want Rice to sign for anyone but you. :lol:

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Kane and Rice being potential signings for top foreign clubs is rather intriguing. The former is somewhat understandable in it links but the latter is quite surprising, I must say.

Bebestation

I remember when the majority thought that Ndidi was better.

Good times.

Kostov

Kane and Rice being potential signings for top foreign clubs is rather intriguing. The former is somewhat understandable in it links but the latter is quite surprising, I must say.
Cafe experts still think the only attribute that Rice has is being English, while the guy is obviously a top player.

izec

Tuchel knows and loves him. I doubt someone like Nagelsmann would go for him, but Tuchel knows the league and players well.

yamo123x

Hope we get Rice, been a huge fan of his since he broke through. Is a natural leader. and would be fantastic alongside Casemiro. He suits the way ETH wants to play.
Would hate for one of our rivals to get him.

I still expect city to come in for him to replace Phillips TBH, only recently Pep spoke glowingly of him before city played west ham.

Many say he is overpriced, he is, but so are so many other players these days. Just hope we get him this summer.

yamo123x

100% spot on

Bebestation

That was probably when Ndidi was performing at a higher level than Rice so not that surprising at all really.
Well it was obvious to me that it wasn’t permanent.

Sometimes the form of a team gets mistaken for the ability of a player.

A lot of Brighton players are having this now. Let’s see how they develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.